PDA

View Full Version : FASTair Question

tliss
06-19-2002, 07:58 AM
Oh wise one....

I just put my FASTair system from PSP on and I have a question for you...I scrape the **** out of the scoop every time I go in and out of my driveway, sometimes bending it up to point at the intercooler core. Thoughts on how to fix this issue? I ahve sent Sal an e-mail and posted the question on Online as well. Maybe a stonger bracket?

At this point it looks like I need a new scopp, because this one is getting a little mangled and the brackets are all bent to hell.

Thanks for the insight, oh Grand PuBah of DFW.

Tom

L8 APEX
06-19-2002, 08:55 AM
I have memory lapses when it comes to parts bought from other vendors:nono: Sal has yet to send me a FAST air system so I am not sure what it consists of. I have mine raised up for street use and I reshaped the lower lip of the scoop fore more clearance. I rarely scrape with my lowered truck so you should be fine.

tliss
06-19-2002, 09:47 AM
OK, so how do I go about getting me a reshaped scoop for more clearance, or how to I modify it to do this? I may have to figure out how to raise it to clear better while not hiding it behind the bumper. I do need a new scoop and brackets now, though.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Tom

L8 APEX
06-19-2002, 03:31 PM
If you are at Ennis Friday night I will look at it there:tu:

tliss
06-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Might be, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. I've got buttloads of work to do for the last few weeks of school. Down to 5 weeks to go.

I took it off measured the extent of the damage (actually dragged one of the hoses and sliced through it, so I had to reposition the hose on the scoop), bent everythign back to shape and remounted. I'm thinking another bracket mounted to the inside of the bumper might strengthen it just enough.

Maybe Friday we can check it out. Maybe someday I'll get to actually fixing it.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

L8 APEX
06-19-2002, 09:44 PM
Bending may be the only saving grace here. If you brace it up even more it will have to give or break somewhere else...

tliss
06-20-2002, 06:47 AM
I think I may have raised it just enough. I heated up the lower lip and bent it slightly up and positioned the smaller bracket on top of the intercooler core as opposed to below and in front of the scoop instead of behind. That may have just been enough. We'll see when I go home

Tom