PDA

View Full Version : 03 Lightning Press Release

Logan
06-17-2002, 07:34 PM
From Ford.com... Nuff said.

As the undisputed champion in the sport truck segment, the 2003 Ford SVT F-150 Lightning ups the ante even further and continues to set the standard in acceleration, handling and attitude. Its reign as the world’s fastest factory-produced pickup truck continues.

Changes for 2003 begin in the suspension. Tweaks to the spring rates, working in conjunction with Bilstein dampers, raise the SVT Lightning’s payload rating by 600 lbs. to a total of 1400 lbs. The suspension system continues to provide excellent handling characteristics with no detrimental effect on ride.

Also new for 2003 are redesigned 5-spoke cast-aluminum wheels. The 18 x 9.5-inch wheels complete their connection to the road through P295/45ZR-18 Goodyear Eagle F1-GS tires with a unique compound that helps to maximize grip without sacrificing ride or quiet operation.

As for the SVT Lightning's interior, it moves upscale with some welcome enhancements. New features for 2003 are interior door handles finished in brushed aluminum, a steering wheel with perforated leather and unique air bag cover, and thicker interior carpeting for improved feel and wear resistance. A final addition of convenience to the interior includes a standard 6-disc in-dash AM/FM stereo with improved equalization.

Power for the SVT Lightning continues to be provided by a supercharged and intercooled 5.4-liter Triton SOHC V-8 producing 380 hp and 450 ft.-lbs. of torque. In order to provide stopping power, the SVT Lightning features 12-inch brake rotors up front and 13-inch rotors in the rear.

The 2003 SVT F-150 Lightning will be available in two new exterior colors, Dark Shadow Grey and Sonic Blue, while Oxford White, Black, and Bright Red will continue to be offered as well.

Ford SVT vehicles are sold exclusively through a network of nearly 600 SVT-certified Ford dealerships throughout North America. Customers can receive information on SVT and any of its product lines by calling 1-800-FORD-SVT (800-367-3788) or visiting online at www.svt.ford.com

andy_cain
06-17-2002, 07:42 PM
I did not see "Silver" in the list of colors:confused:
Inquiring minds wanna know....

Red2002
06-17-2002, 07:56 PM
That Sonic Blue is gonna kick ass! That's the blue Ford should have put on the 02 IMO. I'd be drivin' one. :)

L8 APEX
06-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Same old Ford thinking... add something shiny leave the mechanical the same. That attitude will not get us any closer to the new Dodge pickup...

Silver_2000
06-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Well I was gonna buy one but with no silver .... I guess it'll have to be a siver SRT10 Dodge instead....
No offense but why do they sell white ?? It is SO Boring. No offense to the white truck owners here... Especially the ones with carry permits :eek2:
Doug

Logan
06-18-2002, 08:47 AM
Silver is for you guys who are too lazy to wash your trucks. The rest of us complained about it and Ford agreed. You should wash your trucks more often.

So due to the abuse of the color, Ford dropped Silver.

98Cobra
06-18-2002, 09:09 AM
They sell white because it has the highest resale value on any vehicle. Also, white goes with everything. :D

Moonshine
06-18-2002, 11:15 AM
But the Dark Shadow Grey would be sooooo sweet. I always thought that a charcoal grey would be a great color for a L. :tu:

J.D. Blackwell
06-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Well I was gonna buy one but with no silver .... I guess it'll have to be a siver SRT10 Dodge instead....
No offense but why do they sell white ?? It is SO Boring. No offense to the white truck owners here... Especially the ones with carry permits :eek2:
Doug

Mr. Boss, I am going to pretend that I didn't read that.:mad:
Anyways, I think that I will have a pretty sweet "White Lightning" after I get her running. With the painted wheels, Street Scene mirrors, and tailgate handle, Belltech shackles, limo tint all the way around, and with Mark's cool a$$ cowl hood, cool a$$ license plate(RUFNEK), and new '01-'02 taillights on, not to mention the horsepower and torque this baby is going to have.:cool:
Ought to look better then those boring Silver's.;)

Edit: Oh Yeah, most of my girlfriends are white too!
Note to self; I did say most, because there was this one time......

Ivanhoe_Farms
06-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Of course they will always offer RED because it is sooooooooo awesome, and the resale is better too:twitch: :twitch:

Crawford
06-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
Edit: Oh Yeah, most of my girlfriends are white too!
Note to self; I did say most, because there was this one time......

AT BAND CAMP.......