PDA

View Full Version : Server move is in progress....

Silver_2000
12-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Hopefullly it will be transparent ....

fingers crossed

Silver_2000
12-25-2003, 06:45 PM
Server move is complete - Do your self (AND ME) a favor and reboot your PC to be sure you are going to the NEW server

You should see FASTER response....

Sixpipes
12-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Not sure if it's any faster, but it sure ain't slower..................as far as I can tell. :cool:

skalywags
12-26-2003, 01:22 PM
working good for me! Doug, thanks for keeping us up and running, and making all the improvements!

blueoval01
12-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey Doug,
Would it be possible to open all Gallery "Clicks" in a New Window of the browser? And still "keep" our logins?

AKRed02
12-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey Doug,
Would it be possible to open all Gallery "Clicks" in a New Window of the browser? And still "keep" our logins?
I'm not Doug. . .but. . .one way YOU can solve the problem is "right click" on the picture and highlight "open in new window."

Michelle

dboat
12-28-2003, 07:23 AM
I'm not Doug. . .but. . .one way YOU can solve the problem is "right click" on the picture and highlight "open in new window."

Michelle
A new member? Been to Anchorage on business a couple of times, stayed at the Alyeska resort for one of the meetings..
Tell us about yourself. Are you a an L owner?
Dana

blueoval01
12-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Michelle D'OH!!! Completely forgot about my "Right Clicker" for this. :hammer:

Thanks, Michelle :D

dboat
12-28-2003, 01:16 PM
D'OH!!! Completely forgot about my "Right Clicker" for this. :hammer:

Another post from the right clicker challenged group... there's always a few in every group...:evil

Mark, been there and done that myself until Doug pointed it out to me..
Dana

AKRed02
12-28-2003, 02:27 PM
A new member? Been to Anchorage on business a couple of times, stayed at the Alyeska resort for one of the meetings..
Tell us about yourself. Are you a an L owner?
Dana
I'm not really new. . .I've been lurking for a while. LMAO at some of you guys. :twitch:

I love Alaska. Alyeska is actually at Girdwood about 20 or so miles south of Anchorage. It's a very beautiful place especially in the winter. Alyeska is one of the nicer places to stay outside of Anchorage.

I don't like talking about myself. I'm kind of quite and shy. LOL But here's the short version. . .I'm originally from Mississippi. I have lived in Alaska since 1998. I love all things fast. The faster the better. Thus is the reason for the L.

I got the L in 2002. I don't run it in the winter because of the road conditions here. Though there are some L owners here that run there L year around. But my bad boy is in a warm garage waiting for breakup. LOL That's the only thing I don't like about winter. . .the L has to be put up. It's my pride and joy. :D

So that's a little about me.

Michelle

AKRed02
12-28-2003, 02:32 PM
D'OH!!! Completely forgot about my "Right Clicker" for this. :hammer:

You're welcome.

Michelle

dboat
12-28-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm not really new. . .I've been lurking for a while. LMAO at some of you guys. :twitch:

I love Alaska. Alyeska is actually at Girdwood about 20 or so miles south of Anchorage. It's a very beautiful place especially in the winter. Alyeska is one of the nicer places to stay outside of Anchorage.

I don't like talking about myself. I'm kind of quite and shy. LOL But here's the short version. . .I'm originally from Mississippi. I have lived in Alaska since 1998. I love all things fast. The faster the better. Thus is the reason for the L.

I got the L in 2002. I don't run it in the winter because of the road conditions here. Though there are some L owners here that run there L year around. But my bad boy is in a warm garage waiting for breakup. LOL That's the only thing I don't like about winter. . .the L has to be put up. It's my pride and joy. :D

So that's a little about me.

Michelle
Kim(my wife) and I were up there last Feb for a meeting and I had been there the previous Dec. We were trying pretty hard to get a job up there so we could make the move. I had been talking with a local ortho surgeon but things just didnt pan out. We love it there and want to make a return visit in the summer since we would like to see more of the state.
We just moved to Erie a few months ago and my L is in hibernation as we speak as well. You get a break on your insurance when you do take it out of commission. I just started it in the garage today to get it completely warmed up and recharge the battery a little.
Do you meet with the other L owners up there? There are a few that post on F150online. Out of curiousity, what got you to join here?
Dana

AKRed02
12-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Kim(my wife) and I were up there last Feb for a meeting and I had been there the previous Dec. We were trying pretty hard to get a job up there so we could make the move. I had been talking with a local ortho surgeon but things just didnt pan out. We love it there and want to make a return visit in the summer since we would like to see more of the state.
We just moved to Erie a few months ago and my L is in hibernation as we speak as well. You get a break on your insurance when you do take it out of commission. I just started it in the garage today to get it completely warmed up and recharge the battery a little.
Do you meet with the other L owners up there? There are a few that post on F150online. Out of curiousity, what got you to join here?
Dana
Cool. . .if you guys make it back up here maybe we can all get together for dinner one night or something. I have to warn you though if you move up here you will never want to leave. It will have to be something really good to get me to leave here.

Yep, I knew about the break with the insurance. I started mine this past week for the same reason and just to be able to hear it run.

There are no formal meetings of L owners here.
I joined here to learn what to do and what not to do to the L. And to get different ideas etc. . .you know us GIRLS we don't know anything about faster cars and trucks we have to learn from you GUYS. . .NOT. :D

Let me know if you and Kim make it up this way.

You know someone is going to bust us on this thread with one of these stupid little signs. . .:0fftopic .

Michelle

Silver_2000
12-28-2003, 03:49 PM
:0fftopic :postwhore ....

AKRed02
12-28-2003, 04:18 PM
:0fftopic :postwhore ....
Doug,

BITE ME!!!!!

If anyone is a :postwhore it would be you with 3,000 something post big guy.

Michelle

dboat
12-28-2003, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=AKRed02]Cool. . .if you guys make it back up here maybe we can all get together for dinner one night or something.

Its a deal..:tu:

we ate at the restaraunt at the top of the lift at Alyeska and it was really pretty good. I also had dinner at that nice steak house by the mall.. was pretty weird in that a diner had some kind of fainting episode and the EMT's had to show up.. made for an interesting diversion.. one of the docs just sat there the whole time and didnt get up or offer to help.. I think the name of the place is Sullivans... almost bought the wife a fur coat too.. since there are so few fur places in Anchorage.. NOT... :evil ran across a few people smoking pot on the sidewalk, but didnt they legalize that there?
Doug will close the thread if I go on much more..
Dana

Silver_2000
12-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Doug,

BITE ME!!!!!

If anyone is a :postwhore it would be you with 3,000 something post big guy.

MichelleI guess now would be the time to Welcome you to the Board...

Seems like you are fitting right in.....:burnout:
Doug

Logan
12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Makin' new friends eh Doug? :twitch:

AKRed02
12-28-2003, 08:02 PM
I guess now would be the time to Welcome you to the Board...

Seems like you are fitting right in.....:burnout:
Doug
Thanks for the Welcome.

Even though it did come after calling me a :postwhore .
I'm really quiet and shy and I don't have a lot to say. :twitch:
I know you believe that don't you?

Michelle

Logan
12-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the Welcome.

Even though it did come after calling me a :postwhore .
I'm really quiet and shy and I don't have a lot to say. :twitch:
I know you believe that don't you?

Michelle

mmmmmmmmmmmmm shy chicks. The best kind. :tu: :banana: :beer: :tongue: