PDA

View Full Version : Beat to death? Yes, but...

Shazbot
06-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey, look, my first post (I used to be called Roach, but I didn't want anyone thinking I was a pot head).

I know that this subject has been beat to death on F150Online, but I don't really see all the information I'm looking for. So, here goes:

I am looking to get 20" chrome replicas for my 2001 Silver Lightning. At the get together a couple of months ago, there was a Silver L in the back with 20" chromies and a billet gas tank door. Looked schaweet.

What I want to know is:

1) Who makes the best 20" 2001 chrome replicas? QUALITY is the main concern, here. I'll save up if I have to. Where is the best place to get them? I know JDM sells them. Anyone else?

2) What size tires do I go with to keep the speedo as close as possible. Do they make F1's in that size? Do you suggest another tire? I don't take the truck to the track to race.

Sorry this is so long, but I was looking to get all the information in one place, if possible. Thanks, y'all.

:banana: <------ I just love this dancing banana.

blueoval01
06-17-2002, 04:53 PM
I think the concensus is that 20's have a huge "cool" factor, but is the extra expense worth it. Up to you on that one or something :d

You might start by reading the latest tire/wheel discussion under this thread. See "Need Tars" ....... think the last post on it was 6/12/02. Sixpipes has 20's and I believe he has made a decision on them. :burnout:

Hope this helps ......... :tu:

Sixpipes
06-17-2002, 05:05 PM
295/35ZR20 is almost the identical size to stock 295/45ZR18 F-1s. Go to a 40 profile on the 20" tire and you gain about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Don't have a clue about replica quality though.