PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day

scott015
12-22-2003, 03:56 PM
would anyone be interested in doing a Dyno day sometime soon? from what I understand none of the shops in Arlington are really what we are looking for as far as the AF ratio goes.... iv heard SpeedWorks in Lewisville is probably our best bet. maybe if we can get a few of us to all go out at once they will even give us a discount....

anyone interested go meet up and all go out there some saturday, maybe right after xmas?

scott015
12-22-2003, 04:00 PM
okay, just got off phone with Speedworks... guy said only $45 for 3 pulls... open Saturday 10-3, first come first serve.... so maybe we can get a few to go up there first saturday after the holidays and get there right about 10??? anyone interested?

StormShadow
12-22-2003, 07:08 PM
I would like to hit the dyno again now that the air is a little cooler. I know a few of us are going to Hallsville on the 3rd, so how about the weekend of the 10th? I bet we could get a few people to go. Also the dyno of choice seems to be Kwik Kar in Richardson. This is where most people have been going and usually you wanna compare dyno runs on the same dyno that you have been testing on.

blueoval01
12-22-2003, 07:29 PM
okay, just got off phone with Speedworks... guy said only $45 for 3 pulls... open Saturday 10-3, first come first serve.... so maybe we can get a few to go up there first saturday after the holidays and get there right about 10??? anyone interested? I'm in for SpeedWorks on the 3rd .....

kragle23
12-22-2003, 07:49 PM
I'm in if I can get everything installed by then.

Wife got me a 4lb'er, 90mm MAF, CAI and a Predator for Christmas, so I have some work to do! :tu:

Alpine
12-22-2003, 09:47 PM
I think I could make it:tu:

bobbywade69
12-22-2003, 10:18 PM
I might be able to make it maybe Jeff and I can meet up and meet yall there.:tu:

Band
12-22-2003, 11:22 PM
I need to get my stock dyno done. But I prolly shouldn't this saturday cause my driveshaft is out of balance, and won't get fixed till monday...

10th should work for me...

02BOLT
12-22-2003, 11:48 PM
The 10th sounds good to me. The problem with Kwik Kar in Richardson is that they have to work you in between oil changes and such. With a group of 5-8 of us it'll take them ALL DAMN DAY! Plus the "In-Ground" dynos take a lot less time to load and unload than the "Above-Ground" dynos. Speedworks is probably our best bet, and is not quite the haul for us Tarrant county boys. They 've also dropped their prices considerably since last I heard.:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

99WhiteBeast
12-23-2003, 01:26 AM
I'm in- Speedworks sounds good

bobbywade69
12-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Now Rob don't brake the dyno, u go last!!:tu: Use tarrent county boyz can meet up somewhere and convoy there!!:banana:

bobbywade69
12-23-2003, 09:10 AM
So what day are we planning for dyno day!

PoorSvtman
12-23-2003, 09:50 AM
The 10th sounds good to me. The problem with Kwik Kar in Richardson is that they have to work you in between oil changes and such. With a group of 5-8 of us it'll take them ALL DAMN DAY! Plus the "In-Ground" dynos take a lot less time to load and unload than the "Above-Ground" dynos. Speedworks is probably our best bet, and is not quite the haul for us Tarrant county boys. They 've also dropped their prices considerably since last I heard.:tu:

Later,

Im in whenever.

Hey Rob was that you that reved at me lastnight under the 287 bridge?

03'svtlight
12-23-2003, 10:25 AM
I would be interested.Maybe weds. Gotta work sat. hey Scott, I think I saw where you tried to call me.... :cool:

Frank02L
12-27-2003, 11:55 PM
I'd be up on the 3rd. I dont know where the heck this place is, but I think I'm gonna be down that way from new years eve through saturday! :D

02BOLT
12-29-2003, 01:33 AM
Im in whenever.

Hey Rob was that you that reved at me lastnight under the 287 bridge?

Yessir, that was me, but I don't remember revving at you. I always make a little noise when I go under overpasses. The Longtube/Bassani combo sounds pretty cool under there.:d Nice meeting you, if only briefly. Take it easy.:tu:

Later,

PoorSvtman
12-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Yessir, that was me, but I don't remember revving at you. I always make a little noise when I go under overpasses. The Longtube/Bassani combo sounds pretty cool under there.:d Nice meeting you, if only briefly. Take it easy.:tu:

Later,

Yea nice meeting you. Truck looks and souds good :tu: I need to pair some long tubes up with my bassani.

02BOLT
12-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Yea nice meeting you. Truck looks and souds good :tu: I need to pair some long tubes up with my bassani.

Thanks Bro.:beer: If you decide to go the LT route, you won't be sorry! The sound alone is worth it!:nana2 IMHO.

Later,
Rob

PoorSvtman
12-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks Bro.:beer: If you decide to go the LT route, you won't be sorry! The sound alone is worth it!:nana2 IMHO.

Later,
Rob

Want to make it a little faster first. The bassani shorty headers, hi flow cats and mufflers are good for now. But After i get the 2lber from steve and the ftvb from microsuck. I will have totaly given in to the mod bug. Have held off for 6 months so far and cant take it much longer :d

Crawford
12-30-2003, 12:54 AM
I am a little lost... Is there a dyno day at Speedworks in Lewisville on Jan 3rd for $45?

If so, I would like to join you guys!

PS... what time?

02BOLT
12-30-2003, 01:03 AM
I am a little lost... Is there a dyno day at Speedworks in Lewisville on Jan 3rd for $45?

If so, I would like to join you guys!

PS... what time?

I believe it's on the 10th.(unless I missed something...which is entirely possible.) Don't think they've established a time just yet...stay tuned...

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2003, 09:18 AM
I thought it was the 3rd- Scott what day did you confirm with the guys at Speedworks???:confused:

02BOLT
12-30-2003, 07:17 PM
OK, I just re-read the thread, and it seems as though some folks are up for the 3rd, while others are up for the 10th. No definite date seems to have been set as of yet. I will be out of town on the 3rd, but I know Scott needs to get his truck dynoed ASAP, so ya'll do what you need to do. I can always dyno later.:tu:

Take it easy,

PoorSvtman
12-30-2003, 08:23 PM
OK, I just re-read the thread, and it seems as though some folks are up for the 3rd, while others are up for the 10th. No definite date seems to have been set as of yet. I will be out of town on the 3rd, but I know Scott needs to get his truck dynoed ASAP, so ya'll do what you need to do. I can always dyno later.:tu:

Take it easy,

If scott is still alive. havent seen him post in awhile. Im going to stop by his shop 2morow

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2003, 08:31 PM
He posted up on F150 the other day- someone:confused: needs to take the ":bs by the horns" and get this lined up with Speedworks for this Saturday.

:flaming:

Alpine
12-30-2003, 11:12 PM
He posted up on F150 the other day- someone:confused: needs to take the ":bs by the horns" and get this lined up with Speedworks for this Saturday.

:flaming::D I sense some hostility in the Whitebeast casa......would'nt have anything to do with the 14 year old would it?:evil

Lets get this dyno day date nailed down.

Alpine
01-01-2004, 11:40 PM
I have got to go dyno the truck, I am going to Speedworks Saturday morning by myself if I have to. 10am, I think first come, first serve. Steve, you think you can call Friday and see if the 45 bucks is the real deal? Where the heck is Speedworks located exactly?

Jeff.
P.S...Don't start a thread and try to organize something when you have no intentions of doing it anyways, then leave everyone hanging.:flaming:
Who wants to go with me Saturday the 3rd.?

bobbywade69
01-02-2004, 12:49 AM
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :nana2 :nana2

I have got to go dyno the truck, I am going to Speedworks Saturday morning by myself if I have to. 10am, I think first come, first serve. Steve, you think you can call Friday and see if the 45 bucks is the real deal? Where the heck is Speedworks located exactly?

Jeff.
P.S...Don't start a thread and try to organize something when you have no intentions of doing it anyways, then leave everyone hanging.:flaming:

bobbywade69
01-02-2004, 12:50 AM
I'll go with u Jeff!!! We'll just meet up somewhere in the morning!!:tu: :tu:

Jeff.

99WhiteBeast
01-02-2004, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=Alpine]I have got to go dyno the truck, I am going to Speedworks Saturday morning by myself if I have to. 10am, I think first come, first serve. Steve, you think you can call Friday and see if the 45 bucks is the real deal? Where the heck is Speedworks located exactly?[QUOTE]

I'm on the case- I'll post up the confirmed price for the pulls and directions.

How many are still interested for this Saturday(3rd)?
So far:
Bobby
Jeff
Myself

Band
01-02-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm goin to hallsville saturday the 3rd, so my dyno will have to be the 10th.

99WhiteBeast
01-02-2004, 11:52 AM
$45 for three pulls no discounts for X number of trucks- this is the standard price
10am to 3pm first come first serve Saturday 1/3/04
Speedworks (972-395-9844)
414-1A Holford's Parairie Road
Lewisville,TX 75056

Convoy leaves Arlington 9am Cracker Barrel at Bowan/I20 or meet us there at 10am

map
http://www.txspeedworks.com/location.cfm

bobbywade69
01-02-2004, 12:02 PM
I'll meet ya'll there at the barrel!!:tu: Lets see who has the most out put.

PoorSvtman
01-02-2004, 12:06 PM
ill be there but not going to dyno mine yet. just gonna tag along. :d

StormShadow
01-02-2004, 12:56 PM
I'll try to make the 10'th with ya .

scott015
01-05-2004, 09:09 AM
hey guys, sorry about this thread. I did start it, then xmas and new years came along and got busy. I closed the store down for the holidays. It was very nice as I work close to 70 hours per week and never get off... that 2 weeks off was NICE... anyway, having problems with my computer at home, so I couldnt log on to internet, only when im at work for now...

well, anyway, not sure if any of you guys have done the dyno yet, but i need to get it done asap. So if anyone HASNT done it yet, let me know... i would like to maybe head up there sometime this week...

Band
01-05-2004, 09:15 AM
hey guys, sorry about this thread. I did start it, then xmas and new years came along and got busy. I closed the store down for the holidays. It was very nice as I work close to 70 hours per week and never get off... that 2 weeks off was NICE... anyway, having problems with my computer at home, so I couldnt log on to internet, only when im at work for now...

well, anyway, not sure if any of you guys have done the dyno yet, but i need to get it done asap. So if anyone HASNT done it yet, let me know... i would like to maybe head up there sometime this week...

I think me and stormshadow are goin on the 10th.