PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the strip

Logan
06-16-2002, 05:51 PM
Went out to Ennis today with the Cougar... Stock heads on it, ran 14.22 at 95mph... My reaction times were kickin' all day long I was cuttin' 5.14 - 5.6 lights... 2.0 60 foots, with no traction aid on street tires....

Fun time, but I do believe I took a hit in the valvetrain somewhere, there's an unfriendly noise being made from the driver's side head all the way home... Ah well, needed an excuse to pick up my buddies Clevor setup anyway...

There were a couple L's there, White '01 with ET streets and the bottle I never met up with him, and a Silver one too... He was cuttin 13.11's and such... I've misplaced the name in my brain though... Ah well, you know who you are.

L8 APEX
06-16-2002, 09:12 PM
That was one of my cusotmers his name is Rob. He is not on the internet as of yet. He called me on the cell after every pass and told me how it kept going faster every round. And how his helmet hit the rear glass when he wasn't ready for the 1-2 shift:D I just installed a line mod Saturday for him. I told him to find Logan out there and let the air out of his tires:d Anyway I know he enjoyed his mods and a weekend with the wife gone at the "in-laws". Did you see his PR sticker?:burnout:

Logan
06-17-2002, 09:14 AM
Yeah I did... He was at the last meeting too wasn't he?

L8 APEX
06-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Yeah, he is a home builder and lives in Arlington. He called me this morning and said he and a buddy tried to race a T/A with headers, all kinds of bolt on's, drag radials and NOS last night. He said the T/A ate him up from a dead stop but a 30 punch was closer. I told him a built LS1 on drags with a bottle just might beat the L with two 200lb occupants and F1's:hammer:

wesman
06-17-2002, 02:02 PM
If it's the guy I met the other night at Starbucks I think you're being nice with the 200lb guesstimate :)