PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious !!!

andy_cain
06-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Just wonder, seems like of all the posts I have seen with the pictures of everyones L, does anyone have a bug shield on theirs?
Know that may sound stupid but just curious.:confused:

L8 APEX
06-15-2002, 11:50 PM
My neighbor does but he is not cool:D

MadMax
06-16-2002, 12:04 AM
yeah...I had one :eek: but had to remove it...cuz it was geeky..LOL :D

I want to be environmental friendly so that the bugs get a chance to ride up the winder...and get squashed by a low pressure vortex behind the cab or something.... :D

a second chance to get the hell outta da way...

:hammer:

andy_cain
06-16-2002, 12:12 AM
I ordered one with my Belteck shackles but the more I think about it the more I think it would look better on my wife F150.
Think it would detract from the L's looks ....

L8 APEX
06-16-2002, 12:18 AM
I don't remember you ordering shackles.. They are sitting here waiting for you.

MadMax
06-16-2002, 12:23 AM
chunk it! They tear up the damn paint too! :mad:

andy_cain
06-16-2002, 12:23 AM
Are they sitting next to my really cool looking grills and wet oakles???:D

Moonshine
06-16-2002, 11:00 AM
I had one, but it didn't really work, and I never have liked the way they look, so now it's keeping the bugs out of my attic. If you want it, let me know.

andy_cain
06-16-2002, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the offer Moonshine. I think when the one comes in next week with my shackles I will have it put on my wifes F-150.
I was wanting a new hood anyway so no need to put it on now and throw it away later.
It will work fine for her truck and then I can tell her "see, not all the money I spend goes to my truck...):D
I also noticed at BoneDaddys that my L was the only one I saw with the little smoked covers over the side windows.
Those were on there when i got the truck and they look OK, so I will leave them, but the bug shield I have changed my mind on.

spdfreak11
06-16-2002, 12:35 PM
ever think about using that 3M kinda film? I have it on my hood, fenders, and side mirrors . . (guy i bought it from had it on already) I have found some online through search engines that can color match your L or any vehicle . . .:tu:

Jason

DamonH
06-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Moonshine
I had one, but it didn't really work

Yep, doesn't seem to help too much. I just bought my truck last week and it already had one on it. I just haven't found the time to properly take it off yet. It's clear, so it's kinda hard to see in this pic:

http://www.incoherence.org/~damon/stuff/images/lightning/lightningfront.JPG

Later,

andy_cain
06-18-2002, 10:55 AM
Great looking grills.
You should consider removing the front license plate...IMHO they look better without them.
Nice truck !!:tu:

DamonH
06-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain
Great looking grills.
You should consider removing the front license plate...IMHO they look better without them.
Nice truck !!:tu:

Yep, was gonna remove the license plate holder at the same time I take off the bug deflector. :d I'm just afraid of what I'm going to find behind it (screw holes). :(

Later,

andy_cain
06-18-2002, 12:02 PM
You can buy plugs that fit right in the holes and have them painted to match.
I have seen a few of the guys from the forum that have had that done.
Really makes for a much cleaner look.:cool: