PDA

View Full Version : Got my hood today

scott015
12-18-2003, 11:57 AM
it looks bada$$

anyway, need to get it painted. I asked before, but never really got any info. I know jcblack had a buddy but dont thikn i got his info..

so my question is... where is a good reasonable price but good work place to get it painted? its black, so should be easy, shouldnt have to blend fenders and all that...

i was also thinking of getting my front bumper painted at same time, there are a few rock chips and a big scratch on it....

how long should this take to get done? forget the holidays, just typically a day or two??? whats a good price?

99WhiteBeast
12-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Scott,

Jacob's buddy can do it and there also 2 nice shops on Pioneer in Arlington that I've heard do good work at a reasonable price. Maybe Rob, Jeff, or Terry will chime in here they know the names of the shops

Nuhklz
12-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Scott,

Jacob's buddy can do it and there also 2 nice shops on Pioneer in Arlington that I've heard do good work at a reasonable price. Maybe Rob, Jeff, or Terry will chime in here they know the names of the shops
I think one of them is right next to The Drop Zone on Pioneer just east of Bowen.

Alpine
12-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Scott,

Jacob's buddy can do it and there also 2 nice shops on Pioneer in Arlington that I've heard do good work at a reasonable price. Maybe Rob, Jeff, or Terry will chime in here they know the names of the shopsRob gets "ALL" of his paint and body work done at Davids on Pioneer across from the drop zone. They do great work . "Bad a$$ work aint cheap, cheap work aint bada$$!, Right Nate?

scott015
12-19-2003, 09:54 AM
i called that davids place and they wanted at least $500 he said, maybe closer to $600 just for the hood.... i dont wanna be a cheapy and get a shitty job, but i dont wanna pay more to get it painted than I paid for the hood itself....

anyone talk to jacob? would be interested to see what his buddy says

03'svtlight
12-19-2003, 10:50 AM
i called that davids place and they wanted at least $500 he said, maybe closer to $600 just for the hood.... i dont wanna be a cheapy and get a shitty job, but i dont wanna pay more to get it painted than I paid for the hood itself....

anyone talk to jacob? would be interested to see what his buddy says
My friend does impeccable body & paint work. Known him for years. Let me know, Ill call him for you or give you the no# :tu:

scott015
12-19-2003, 11:07 AM
My friend does impeccable body & paint work. Known him for years. Let me know, Ill call him for you or give you the no# :tu:

sure give him a call and see what he says... im looking for good work, but cheaper the better... i have a list of stuff i wanna do so the more i save the better

here is what i would like done:

1.paint hood top and bottom
2. sand down front bumper and repaint (has scratches and 2 holes from license plate)

see what he says and gimme a call or email me

email: awardsandbeyond@sbcglobal.net
phone: 817 925 0491