PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy....any ideas

andy_cain
06-14-2002, 11:35 AM
I am looking for a hard tonneau bed cover for my L
I would like to find one in black but can have it painted if necessary.
Anyone have any connections to good prices on them?:twitch:

Moonshine
06-14-2002, 12:04 PM
If you like the styling on the Slim Top you should check with Lone Star TruckNStuff at (972) 224-4000. Talk to Hal, and tell him I sent you.

tliss
06-14-2002, 03:03 PM
DFW Camper Corral at 35E and 635 did me OK. I've got a SnugLid that cost about $900 installed. If you can get one that's too tight and scrapes your bed and a second one that's cracked, they will install a third one for you with carpet on the bottom, sell four others as they bring other potential buiyers out to take a look at it on your truck while being installed, and give you the carpet for free :tu: (at least that's what happened to me).

I would recommend them highly, just watch that you get a good lid. All ready painted to match!

Tom

Silver_2000
06-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by tliss
DFW Camper Corral at 35E and 635 did me OK. I've got a SnugLid that cost about $900 installed. If you can get one that's too tight and scrapes your bed and a second one that's cracked, they will install a third one for you with carpet on the bottom, sell four others as they bring other potential buiyers out to take a look at it on your truck while being installed, and give you the carpet for free :tu: (at least that's what happened to me).

I would recommend them highly, just watch that you get a good lid. All ready painted to match!

Tom

Got mine there as well.. No quality issues for me but no free rug either

Doug

andy_cain
06-14-2002, 04:13 PM
I called on the Snug lid and it runs $425 unpainted and uninstalled. Neither of which is a problem as my friend has a brother that owns a paint and body shop.
I was interested in Mark's Cowl hood but looks as if it may be sold already.
Could have had both painted and installed at the same time...:(

L8 APEX
06-14-2002, 04:53 PM
Make your mind up, I offered and you said you had a dealer cost hookup. I think the best price I can get is 800 or so.

andy_cain
06-15-2002, 11:44 PM
Was trying/hopeing to get out of it cheaper than that.
Have all kinds of things I want to do to the L including new hood, bed lid, grills, Belteck shackles (ordered) 4 channel Alpine amp, Polk audio spks., maybe some wet oakles, maybe chrome out the rims....so many ideas, and only one wife to explain it all to...LOL
:nono:

curtis75051
06-16-2002, 12:32 AM
I am glad mine came with the truck.