PDA

View Full Version : Problems w/ new software

Crawford
12-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Just thought I would start a thread on this to help work the bugs out.

I have noticed when replying in a thread there are smiles on the left and the right... same smiles

When viewing a thread the "report this post" shows up as a red x

Silver_2000
12-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Just thought I would start a thread on this to help work the bugs out.

I have noticed when replying in a thread there are smiles on the left and the right... same smiles

When viewing a thread the "report this post" shows up as a red xGreat Idea Crawford - Appreciate the feedback :tu:

Just fixed the MANY missing images and the navbar is now working ( looks COOL ) just fixed the too many smilies issue ......

Also fixed the missing supporting members image

keep the feedback coming

Doug

98Cobra
12-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Great Idea Crawford - Appreciate the feedback :tu:

Just fixed the MANY missing images and the navbar is now working ( looks COOL ) just fixed the too many smilies issue ......

Also fixed the missing supporting members image

keep the feedback coming

Doug
I noticed when I replied in the other thread, smilies didn't add when clicked.

I just clicked a bunch and they didn't work. In fact, NONE of the icons above the message window work for me, they don't even respond to a click...

dboat
12-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Doug,

my usual motis operandi is to come here and click on the new posts icon and go from there.. in the new software it seems to mark the unread threads to read a lot faster. Also, is there a way that you can look at new posts and then use the next thread feature to go from one unread thread to the next?

Otherwise, the back button has to become my best friend:flaming:

Dana

Oops, the unread thread feature really goes away if you make a post, because then the only unread is thread you just posted to..

I hope this helps.

Silver_2000
12-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Doug,

my usual motis operandi is to come here and click on the new posts icon and go from there.. in the new software it seems to mark the unread threads to read a lot faster. Also, is there a way that you can look at new posts and then use the next thread feature to go from one unread thread to the next?

Otherwise, the back button has to become my best friend:flaming:

Dana

Oops, the unread thread feature really goes away if you make a post, because then the only unread is thread you just posted to..

I hope this helps.
Go to quick links and then to New posts - youwill see all of them listed

An easy way is to right click on that list and choose open in new window

That way you always have the new posts list in a sep window..
( Same way I do a yahoo or google search )

Doug

dboat
12-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Doug,

thanks for the great tip..

I just got a PM from Miguel, I responded to it.. when I am viewing the message on my screen, I went to the area below the message checked the "delete this message" box and then clicked on the delete this message box below it and it gives me an administrator error message..
It didnt delete the message btw..
Dana

Silver_2000
12-06-2003, 07:42 AM
Doug,

thanks for the great tip..

I just got a PM from Miguel, I responded to it.. when I am viewing the message on my screen, I went to the area below the message checked the "delete this message" box and then clicked on the delete this message box below it and it gives me an administrator error message..
It didnt delete the message btw..
DanaGood catch

It is known bug - fixed soon I hope

I raise dthe PM limit for regsistered users to 150 ( no one is near that ) and for Talon Supporting members it was already 300.

Doug:tu: :tu: :(

Silver_2000
12-06-2003, 07:44 AM
I noticed when I replied in the other thread, smilies didn't add when clicked.

I just clicked a bunch and they didn't work. In fact, NONE of the icons above the message window work for me, they don't even respond to a click...
The smiliies to the right work fine for me and the smilies inthe pull down work as well. Can you check your browser settings ??? I think they are java based....

Silver_2000
12-07-2003, 01:35 AM
I added an option to the User CP and then Options that lets you see the threads like they used to be with the user info on the left or as the new way on the top...

Your call...

Have fun

Also added link to Photo Gallery to Nav bar

Made the size of the forum "liquid" so no matter the window size you see you get the full real estate....

Also added the location and Name back to the thread view and added the Name and location to the memberlist and customized the order.

Doug

dboat
12-07-2003, 06:45 AM
I added an option to the User CP and then Options that lets you see the threads like they used to be with the user info on the left or as the new way on the top...

Your call...

Have fun

Also added link to Photo Gallery to Nav bar

Made the size of the forum "liquid" so no matter the window size you see you get the full real estate....

Also added the location and Name back to the thread view and added the Name and location to the memberlist and customized the order.

Doug
:tu: :tu:

Doug, for those like me that arent that bright about this stuff.. I didnt realize until just now that I needed to go back into my user cp options to turn off my signature automatically posting.. apparently it was switched back on in the conversion..
Dana

Silver_2000
12-07-2003, 09:54 AM
:tu: :tu:

Doug, for those like me that arent that bright about this stuff.. I didnt realize until just now that I needed to go back into my user cp options to turn off my signature automatically posting.. apparently it was switched back on in the conversion..
DanaGood Catch - The signature autoposting isnt actually in the User options

I had manually changed that in the old system to default to NO -- Just Redid it -

I also changed EVERYONES option in the user CP = The option you saw in user CP was wether or not YOU SAW signatures in the posts you read - you can turn off the display of sig, pictures etc .. I went thru and turned EVERYONES option there to OFF as well... If you want to see ANY sigs in posts you will have to go back in and turn it on ....

dboat
12-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Good Catch - The signature autoposting isnt actually in the User options

I had manually changed that in the old system to default to NO -- Just Redid it -

I also changed EVERYONES option in the user CP = The option you saw in user CP was wether or not YOU SAW signatures in the posts you read - you can turn off the display of sig, pictures etc .. I went thru and turned EVERYONES option there to OFF as well... If you want to see ANY sigs in posts you will have to go back in and turn it on ......just saving a little bandwidth and disk space, eh?
thanks
Dana

Silver_2000
12-07-2003, 10:03 AM
just saving a little bandwidth and disk space, eh?
thanks
Dana
I just dont like it when EVERY post has someones signature

- I just noticed something else in this new version - you can administer your OWN attachements in the User CP - If you want to delete or dload some picture you attached to a thread you can see them all in one place....

Doug

dboat
12-07-2003, 10:32 AM
I just dont like it when EVERY post has someones signature

me too..

- I just noticed something else in this new version - you can administer your OWN attachements in the User CP - If you want to delete or dload some picture you attached to a thread you can see them all in one place....

DougI saw that and didnt test it because I wasnt sure what it was..

98Cobra
12-07-2003, 01:03 PM
My smilies are working now - thanks Doug for whatever you did! :D

Silver_2000
12-08-2003, 10:34 AM
My smilies are working now - thanks Doug for whatever you did! :D
Shh... Dont tell Garrett ... I didnt do anything.....