PDA

View Full Version : Truck pulls Right

03'svtlight
12-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Since day one in Feb.,the moment I drove it from the dealer, my truck has always pulled to the right. It feels like a fat chick is rollin' with me. I told myself the first chance I get, Im gonna hook it up to the machine and see where its at (knowing that they don't come aligned from the factory very well). Well now its Dec., and the mutha's still pullin'. So since I was doin' absolutely nothing today, that gave me a good shot at checking it out. And it told the whole story. The caster angle was about 1/2 of a degree low on the pass. side. For a car this is not much, but for a truck it only spells one thing........ PULL! With trucks you always wanna compensate for road crown which would mean putting about a 1/2 to 1 degree to the left. The result, NO PULL!!! Since none of the ford trucks have this adj. without cams, now Im forced to go look in the parts room for some. NO CAMS in stock!!!! :hammer: So there will be another day to fix my messy alignment. You can bet that!! I did fix the toe while I had it up however... :tu:

03LightningRocks
12-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Since day one in Feb.,the moment I drove it from the dealer, my truck has always pulled to the right. It feels like a fat chick is rollin' with me. I told myself the first chance I get, Im gonna hook it up to the machine and see where its at (knowing that they don't come aligned from the factory very well). Well now its Dec., and the mutha's still pullin'. So since I was doin' absolutely nothing today, that gave me a good shot at checking it out. And it told the whole story. The caster angle was about 1/2 of a degree low on the pass. side. For a car this is not much, but for a truck it only spells one thing........ PULL! With trucks you always wanna compensate for road crown which would mean putting about a 1/2 to 1 degree to the left. The result, NO PULL!!! Since none of the ford trucks have this adj. without cams, now Im forced to go look in the parts room for some. NO CAMS in stock!!!! :hammer: So there will be another day to fix my messy alignment. You can bet that!! I did fix the toe while I had it up however... :tu:

You do alignments I take it. What do you think of the clunk washer deal? I have no clunk...YET....but from what I understand, they all do it eventually.

P.S. My 03 is out of alignment too, it feels like a fat dude is driving it.

Rocks

microsuck
12-03-2003, 11:56 PM

Rocks:rll:

microsuck
12-03-2003, 11:57 PM
also, everyone, make sure your tire pressure is propper. tires will pull if they are low too.

skalywags
12-04-2003, 12:07 AM
also, everyone, make sure your tire pressure is propper. tires will pull if they are low too.My '03 pulls right ,too. have avoided having fat chicks in it, so i don't know what it really drives like with a fat chick sitting on the right side. I suppose if I did, it would pull even more to the right.

03'svtlight
12-04-2003, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=03LightningRocks]You do alignments I take it. What do you think of the clunk washer deal? I have no clunk...YET....but from what I understand, they all do it eventually.

Rocks[/QUOTE
I've read about it on many posts but, since ALL I do is alignments, and as many as I do ( about 3000 a year) I'm thinking I would've came across it by now at some point. The clunk is ( from what I gather) is supposed to be on ALL ( 97-up) F-150's. Customers have not complained about this and I would think I would be one of the first to know since I do so many Fords. I would like to know if someone had "the clunk" though. It appears to be pretty simple to fix. :tu: Trai

03'svtlight
12-04-2003, 08:00 AM
My '03 pulls right ,too. have avoided having fat chicks in it, so i don't know what it really drives like with a fat chick sitting on the right side. I suppose if I did, it would pull even more to the right.
I can fix your pull, but I would need to check it first. We have the new PSP laser tech. computers, and they are accurate as hell. Only a handful of dealers have this machine. If you need help I'm at NTB on 75 & Lovers.

Lyfisin
12-04-2003, 09:39 AM
If this is just a simple front end alignment issue, Terry informed me that you get a free one if the truck is still under 12,000 miles. My 02 also pulled to the right and on his recommendation took it down to the Ford Dealer and had it done.

No charge and the truck rolls much better down the road now.

Brook