PDA

View Full Version : hey

speedy3
06-11-2002, 06:01 PM
i dont own a lightning.... YET! supposed to buyin one in the near future. i have fallen in love with them and cant wait to sit behind the wheel of my own. i just had a few questions for yall:
1. is the lightning worth the 32 g's?
2. has anyone had major problems with theirs?
3. where are the better dealerships to look?
4. should i look for any special deals or plans when buying?

i am new to the car purchasing world. i have driven the same piece of crap, hand me down from my mom for too long and now that i have graduated, i can buy my own. any advice would be deeply appreciated. thanks

devildog92
06-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Its worth the 32k, but being right out of school its probably best to get a 99-2k model, that way you can save for college. Great truck, never a problem thus far. It car be your racecar or tow your racecar. The torque is mind-bending...Good luck.

Sixpipes
06-11-2002, 10:43 PM
There is something to be said for buying a new Lightning and having the bumper to bumper warranty. There is also something to be said for saving a few bucks up front and buying a low mileage kick-ass 99. :cool:

George G.
06-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Aaaaahhhh, brings back memories of when I was fresh out of high school and began increasing my debt to income ratio! If I could only go back in time. I'd seriously reconsider getting an auto loan of that size!! Why not pick up a Gen 1? You could add a super charger of your own and prolly be just as fast! The weight of a fatter wallet may slow you down, but last I checked....that was a good thing.

Of course, none of the above matters if you or your parents are loaded, in which case, go with a Gen 2:tu:

speedy3
06-12-2002, 10:23 AM
money isnt really a thing, my mom and grandma are going in together to get as if it was a graduation present. I just have to pay for some of it. thats why i want the new one, and also it might sound a little corny but i would kinda like to have that is the same year i graduated.

George G.
06-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by stang_460
Why not pick up a Gen 1? You could add a super charger of your own and prolly be just as fast!

By the way, my deepest apologies if I may have offended any of you Gen2 do gooders:d ....which happens to be every other member but myself:flaming: Should I feel privelaged for being allowed on this board?:D

If part of the costs is gonna be a grad gift, then go for it. I've been thinking of the idea of getting a 99-00 model myself but cant get over the initial shock of 25K+ for a truck, much less 30K+ for a new one! Good luck and welcome to the board.

Logan
06-12-2002, 05:02 PM
You wanna be shocked, the new Dodge RT/10 is being projected to have a $50,000 price tag...

Me, I bought my 99 used and am glad I did. I didn't feel bad about beating the tar out of it straight off the lot, Plus I got to learn what works and what doesn't it terms of mods...

I'll be approaching life with the '02 alot more informed...

Silver_2000
06-12-2002, 05:13 PM

By the way, my deepest apologies if I may have offended any of you Gen2 do gooders:d ....which happens to be every other member but myself:flaming: Should I feel privelaged for being allowed on this board?:D

If part of the costs is gonna be a grad gift, then go for it. I've been thinking of the idea of getting a 99-00 model myself but cant get over the initial shock of 25K+ for a truck, much less 30K+ for a new one! Good luck and welcome to the board.

I am offended that you think I am a do gooder...

Sixpipes
06-12-2002, 09:39 PM

By the way, my deepest apologies if I may have offended any of you Gen2 do gooders:d ....which happens to be every other member but myself

I must confess also that I do not consider myself a do-gooder. Actually, I consider myself a bad-ass, but hey, its just my opinion. Regarding the Gen Is; getting to be very rare trucks. Think about it. From 1993-1995, Ford made a total of something like 8,000 Gen Is? In four years Ford has made around 23,000 GenIIs.

George - You and Boss Hogg should be like our heroes or something. Remind me to buy you a brewski next meeting. :p