PDA

View Full Version : when it rains, it POURS!!!!

scott015
11-22-2003, 10:48 AM
i cannot f'in belive this sh!t !!!!!!! you all know about my bike right, well check this out

last night i went to my buddies house, it was his bday and went over there, he was having some friends over... well my wife and i had a few beers, even a few shots.... then we left about 1:30

i was cool to drive, i wasnt drunk... wasnt swerving or anything... and got pulled over for no front license plate... ended up i had a warrant for my arrest for an old speeding ticket from like 3 years ago that i didnt know a thing about... thought it was taken care of ages ago... so needless to say, i spent a few hours in jail.... i was so pissed cuz the cops would rather hastle someone about no front license plate than be out looking for my bike...

thats NOT the end of it... then this morning i came to work (i own my own business) and got here about 8am and my work got broken into... yup busted the lock right off... only thing stolen was about $500 in cash and $1500 in checks... but checks were written out to my company, so there is nothing they can do there... but all my computers, engraving equipment, everything else was untouched.... $50k in equipment not touched... but $500 cash gone...

i didnt have an alarm installed yet cuz i was going back and forth with a few different companies trying to get them to beat each others prices... so im sure that would have helped alot...

anyway, as u can tell im having a BAD WEEK.. motorcyle got stole, went to jail and work got broken into.... damn i need another :beer:

L8 APEX
11-22-2003, 11:11 AM
The front plate stuff is BS, but a legal excuse for them to stop you for other suspicions. I would reccommend hiring a security consultant for a few days. It sounds like you need to change the way you do things. You need a more secure routine in general, no strangers in the house, take your deposits and cash with you, alarm etc. I am sympathetic but a lot of this could have been prevented with a better system. I will even help if you want. I hope things turn around soon:(

scott015
11-22-2003, 11:21 AM
well just talked to some of my neighbors here at my work.... another place got broken into also and another one was attempted.... so someone was just walking down the sidewalk trying each store i gues...

but like i said, i was in the process of getting the alarm... i have only been at this new store location about a month... but im for sure getting an alarm at home,work and a gun this weekend

cpeapea
11-22-2003, 01:55 PM
wheres your shop at? it would be nice to come by and check it out sometime

scott015
11-22-2003, 02:12 PM
wheres your shop at? it would be nice to come by and check it out sometime

off I20 and Cooper.... im inbetween Applebees and Matress Giant

03LightningRocks
11-22-2003, 02:12 PM
.................. and a gun this weekend
And what, do tell, would the gun had done to prevent any of your problems?

If you think about it, a gun could have made every one of those issues worse.

Pulled over for no front plate....Bingo!!!!!....felony charge added for carrying a concealed weapon.

A bunch of hoodlums hanging around your house partying...argument insues...gun comes out...dead person over whose "old lady" sucked who's dick.

Stolen bike helmut...got your gun while they where at it...thug blows a hole through you when you try to reclaim your helmet.

Stolen Bike....cop shoots your ass while you are running around the neighborhood with a loaded gun looking for your bike.

Your problem really does not appear to be a defense of bodily injury situation. You could spend the rest of your life in jail for using a gun to do anything about any one of your recent misfortunes.

Now, all of those warnings are coming from a card carrying gun toting NRA member.

I am a Deer Hunter and Marksman. I used a gun to defend myself and my son one night 3 years ago. I spent 17,500.00 to get the two charges of Aggravated assault and attempted murder no-billed by the grand jury.

I am not anti-gun. I am anti, "stupid mutha fuka", with a gun.

If your going to arm yourself, go get some training on the use of a gun. It is not good enough to have watched Rambo 10 times.

I mean no insult with any of this post. I just don't want you to get yourself killed or worse yet, kill someone you love, over a material item.

Rocks:beer:

scott015
11-22-2003, 02:53 PM
thanks for your post, and i will admit, i know NOTHING about guns except they are for hunting, protection and then bad news otherwise...

im not saying a gun would have changed anything in the past weeks of events... im just saying I want to get a gun for protection... who knows in 6 months from now someone totally differnt off the wall person trys to break in my house and rape my wife or kidnap my kid or whatever, like to know i have at least a gun to protect my family.... as of now, i would just be standing there in my underwear beggin for our lives.... thats all im saying...

and if and when i do get a gun, i WILL take classes and learn about it, cuz im not a "stupid mutha fuka" ill admit when im ignorant.. and guns is something that i know NOTHING about

cpeapea
11-22-2003, 03:46 PM
knowledge is everything when it comes to guns. i grew up with my father, the owner of Rays hardware and sporting goods. been through a gun course when i was 16 or so (hunting stuff). and i have seen rambo 11 times. but i dont think i know enough to carry a concealed weapon. but hell i like shooting them at the hunting lease.

03LightningRocks
11-22-2003, 04:02 PM
thanks for your post, and i will admit, i know NOTHING about guns except they are for hunting, protection and then bad news otherwise...

im not saying a gun would have changed anything in the past weeks of events... im just saying I want to get a gun for protection... who knows in 6 months from now someone totally differnt off the wall person trys to break in my house and rape my wife or kidnap my kid or whatever, like to know i have at least a gun to protect my family.... as of now, i would just be standing there in my underwear beggin for our lives.... thats all im saying...

and if and when i do get a gun, i WILL take classes and learn about it, cuz im not a "stupid mutha fuka" ill admit when im ignorant.. and guns is something that i know NOTHING about
It sounds like you have a plan. I hope you did not think I was calling you a stupid mutha fuka. I was only pointing out, in my weird arse way, that "guns Don't Kill People, people with guns kill people".

Terry, I believe, gave the advice of a shot gun. That is excellent advice. A shot gun makes the best home defense weapon. If you miss...LOL....it won't go next door and kill the kid laying in his bed, like a pistol or rifle round will.

I guess after reading some of the posts about using a gun for revenge and what not, I was hoping you had not taken them seriously.

Rocks:bows

03LightningRocks
11-22-2003, 04:08 PM
knowledge is everything when it comes to guns. i grew up with my father, the owner of Rays hardware and sporting goods. been through a gun course when i was 16 or so (hunting stuff). and i have seen rambo 11 times. but i dont think i know enough to carry a concealed weapon. but hell i like shooting them at the hunting lease.

I didn't know you liked to shoot and hunt, Gavin. That's cool.

We'll have to get drunk and go to the range sometime. :d

You haven't really lived until you spend the weekend out in the woods with a bunch of drunken hill billy's....:rll:

The last comment was a joke....no drinking at the dear lease.

L8 APEX
11-22-2003, 05:47 PM
If you so choose to arm yourself, I would reccommend some real world stress loaded training. That classroom or indoor range remedial training is not diddly. Here are some pics of a 3 gun match a few of us attended in the spring. It put you through various scenarios and kept time and accuracy scoring.

This stage started out "You are sleeping and awaken to a noise, your gun and ammo is on the night stand. You awake and respond, your kids are in the house sleeping. You sweep the house engage bad guys (double tap) no shoots are marked with an X."
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15T-pistol2-med.jpg
Here you use cover while clearing the room while not shooting innocents.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15T-pistol1-med.jpg
This is a shotgun stage where you shoot from compramising angles. Training off balance, sideways, weak arm shots. This is good training for the real world. This could be behind cover be it a truck or table.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15B-shotgun4-med.jpg
Of course prevention and awareness of your surroundings is 90% of the battle. Soapbox off..

PoorSvtman
11-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Man that totaly sucks! If you need help with anything you got my celly. Just give my a call.

cpeapea
11-22-2003, 11:36 PM
I didn't know you liked to shoot and hunt, Gavin. That's cool.

We'll have to get drunk and go to the range sometime. :d

You haven't really lived until you spend the weekend out in the woods with a bunch of drunken hill billy's....:rll:

The last comment was a joke....no drinking at the dear lease.

i have my deer liscense, just havent found time to go yet, ill be heading to hunt soon i hope

microsuck
11-24-2003, 12:25 PM
.... i was so pissed cuz the cops would rather hastle someone about no front license plate than be out looking for my bike...

hummm, thats the way it usually works. thats why I dont really see the police as very useful and choose not to enlist their services (or lack therof). the people they really need to catch are the ones that they cant, like some 200mph bikers I know. I never trust them to help me when I need them, they only do what they do best. earn money for the city under the pretense of "enforcing the law". what are they going to get in return for finding your bike. didly squat. they send the theif to jail and then charge us to feed him. what do they get for ticketing you for no plate and possibly a dui? $$$$$$$. think about it.

but scott, I do feel sorry for you. that was a very bad week. I dont know if I could cope as well as you are.
Andrew

Moonshine
11-24-2003, 06:02 PM
i grew up with my father, the owner of Rays hardware and sporting goods.
Gaven,

Who's your Daddy? Seriously. I took a shooting class from Rick Brantley back in 1980 at the old Dallas Indoor Pistol Club.

microsuck
11-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Gaven,

Who's your Daddy? Seriously. I took a shooting class from Rick Brantley back in 1980 at the old Dallas Indoor Pistol Club.thats probably him, his name is brantley. Wow, small world.

cpeapea
11-24-2003, 06:32 PM
that would be him...good ol padre. his dad was Ray of Rays Sporting Goods. man everyone knew my father, small world.

he was also a very serious nhra drag racer. and car show guy. man thats crazy you knew him

Moonshine
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
It is a small, small world. :eek:

If you hung around the store much when you were growing up there's a guy I work with that you probably know. He and Rick hung out a fair amount, and Jeff did a bunch of stereo work for Rick. Jeff still keeps up with the crew at Ray's.

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 06:47 PM
that would be him...good ol padre. his dad was Ray of Rays Sporting Goods. man everyone knew my father, small world.

he was also a very serious nhra drag racer. and car show guy. man thats crazy you knew him
Holy crap!!!!!!!!! I've been there too. I can't remember the exact year, but it was about 1980 or 1981.

Rocks:eek2:

cpeapea
11-24-2003, 08:36 PM
ok, who else knows my dad lol.

man this is crazy.

L8 APEX
11-25-2003, 02:09 AM
ok, who else knows my dad lol.

man this is crazy.I know Gavin's mom, does that count for something:banana: :d

cpeapea
11-25-2003, 06:55 AM
doh...:flaming: :evil

tliss
11-25-2003, 06:56 AM
I know Gavin's mom, does that count for something:banana: :d
:eek2: Terry's can always be counted on for the good commentary! :rll:

Tom

Moonshine
11-25-2003, 10:46 AM
OK, so Pam and Donnie are your aunt and uncle, and Reed is your cousin, right?

cpeapea
11-25-2003, 11:11 PM
yes most certainly. but ive lost contact with that side of the family and havent talked to them in years.