PDA

View Full Version : YO!! Dennis, er Sixpipes

dboat
11-21-2003, 09:14 PM
How about an explanation of the new avatar? its multicolor but I am sure there is a story behind it... what gives?:confused:

Dana

Sixpipes
11-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, since Thanksgiving is around the corner, I thought maybe I should use a pilgrim or turkey, but saw this nice picture of a native american and decided that would be cool. The picture is from a poster that reads, "We can no more own the land we walk upon than lay claim to the air we breath". I have always had empathy for the plight of the american indian and have spent time on some of the Navajo reservations in north western New Mexico. It is very sad to see.

Since American Indians were present at the first Thanksgiving, I decided to use the avatar for the remainder of the month. Just call me an ole softy. :cool:

dboat
11-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Well, since Thanksgiving is around the corner, I thought maybe I should use a pilgrim or turkey, but saw this nice picture of a native american and decided that would be cool. The picture is from a poster that reads, "We can no more own the land we walk upon than lay claim to the air we breath". I have always had empathy for the plight of the american indian and have spent time on some of the Navajo reservations in north western New Mexico. It is very sad to see.

Since American Indians were present at the first Thanksgiving, I decided to use the avatar for the remainder of the month. Just call me an ole softy. :cool:
good idea and well said:tu: . my mother did a lot of research on the plight of the American Indian and feels the same way as you.

Dana

cpeapea
11-22-2003, 01:58 PM
old softy...

:evil

03LightningRocks
11-22-2003, 02:24 PM
If the indians had any idea of what was to come, they would have gotten up after that first Thanksgiving dinner, and killed every white man in sight.

Rocks

98Cobra
11-22-2003, 07:59 PM
I actually *do* own the air I breathe....:D

blueoval01
11-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey Dennis,
Ummm, not to change the subject but, Fred is looking for you. Saw him down at Terry's this morning.

skalywags
11-23-2003, 10:58 PM
All this Indian talk, you guys ever hear of the somg "Crazy Horse" by JD Blackfoot? It's liek a little mini-history lesson from an indian point of view, and pretty decent song. you can find it on Kazaa. It was done in the late 70's.

Sixpipes
11-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey Dennis,
Ummm, not to change the subject but, Fred is looking for you. Saw him down at Terry's this morning.Huh........I'm in Dundee, Michigan and won't be back home until Wednesday. There are no Indians up here and I am freezing my a$$ off. :cool:

dboat
11-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Dennis,
Ok, now I have seen two more different avatars from you in the last couple of days. What happened to the little buddy and why the change in color of the hat? :confused:

Dana

skalywags
11-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Sixpipes.. you definitely win the best/funniest avatar contest, as far as I'm concerned. The gorillas crack me up! keep 'em coming!

StormShadow
11-30-2003, 11:35 PM
When is the last time you saw a family of Indians eating dinner at Red Lobster or something? I've only seen Indians at the old Traders Village Rodeo and I think those may have been Mexicans.

Sixpipes
12-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Dennis,
Ok, now I have seen two more different avatars from you in the last couple of days. What happened to the little buddy and why the change in color of the hat? :confused:

Dana
Well, because avatars are small, what works in larger pictures doesn't necessarily look all that good when it is shrunk down to avatar size. So I am happy to say that the red hat with white trim gorilla is the official Go_rila Christmas avatar. :cool:

dboat
12-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Well, because avatars are small, what works in larger pictures doesn't necessarily look all that good when it is shrunk down to avatar size. So I am happy to say that the red hat with white trim gorilla is the official Go_rila Christmas avatar. :cool:
cool, I guess I missed Thanksgiving go_rila, and are we going to see Hanukah go_rila? how about New Years go_rila? do we have any say in this? how about putting it to a vote?
now I am thinking about Go Texan Day Go_rila, Valentines go_rila, Kwanzaa Go_rila, etc etc.. :evil