PDA

View Full Version : updates - changes - potential down time coming

Silver_2000
11-20-2003, 11:55 AM
FYI

In the next days / weeks we will be moving the sites to a more powerful box and that may cause some down time - we will try to eliminate it but you never know

Also there is an update for the Photo gallery software that I will likely install this weekend ....that may caus ethe gallery to change a little while I work thru the issues...

Doug

Sixpipes
11-20-2003, 01:49 PM
FYI

In the next days / weeks we will be moving the sites to a more powerful box and that may cause some down time - we will try to eliminate it but you never know

Also there is an update for the Photo gallery software that I will likely install this weekend ....that may caus ethe gallery to change a little while I work thru the issues...

DougI don't know about the rest of the guys, but a more powerful box would definitely cause more down time..........at least that's what I would expect. :cool:

my2002lightning
11-20-2003, 03:21 PM
FYI

Doug
Doug,

Just curious about the hard/software we're moving to:

How much disk/memory and processor speed? What OS? RAID #?

What about network speeds?

Just wondering...

Ronald

Silver_2000
11-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Doug,

Just curious about the hard/software we're moving to:
How much disk/memory and processor speed? What OS? RAID #?
What about network speeds?
Just wondering...
RonaldThat info is need to know... and you dont.... LOL

Red hat
2 processors over 1gig each
over 2 gigs ram
over 10 gigs of disk
Raid 5

Network speed is the issue - all the bandwidth we care to use at 28.8

The advantages for my sites will be faster response since we will be sharing much more resources with much less accounts AND a lot more disk space which is good for me since Im too lazy to delete anything

Doug

Silver_2000
11-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Ok I was bored after gettting stuck in the Jungle in MOH Rising Sun

So i upgraded the Gallery tonight

Here are some of the new features highlighted

A big new feature is that the UBB code to post pictures is listed for you under the picture now

The other feature is a larger size picture is avail on many of the pictures. There are 2 links - Listed next to file size

dboat
11-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Cool.. thanks Doug:tu:

Silver_2000
12-05-2003, 10:44 AM
New version of VB coming this weekend with new look

Just an FYI - there will be some down time...

Doug

Nuhklz
12-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I don't know about the rest of the guys, but a more powerful box would definitely cause more down time..........at least that's what I would expect. :cool:
Up time can equal more down time :D.

Looking forward to seeing the improvements. Especially the VB stuff.

blueoval01
12-05-2003, 12:00 PM
New version of VB coming this weekend with new look

Just an FYI - there will be some down time...

Doug Ok Doug. Guess I'll leave the Web-Site changes and corrections alone this weekend till you get finished.

Silver_2000
12-05-2003, 12:36 PM
Ok Doug. Guess I'll leave the Web-Site changes and corrections alone this weekend till you get finished.If you are talking about changes in FrontPage they will be unaffected..
Different account - completely seperate

Doug

Silver_2000
12-10-2003, 09:08 PM
I added 4 new styles ( looks ) to the forum -

You should see 8 Styles that make use of the new layout

Talon Style
Classic VB style
Grey Style
Blue Style

And each of the 4 styles above has a child style called "liquid" that is designed to fill the browser - If you run a real high resolution it takes advantage of it or a real low resolution or anywhere in between.

As was mentioned before there is some down time coming - We are going to be switching to a new server in the next 2 weeks or so - THe new server will solve the server too busy issues we have been expereinceing. We should see an 8x or more increase in resources...

Doug

blueoval01
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi Doug,
I've been testing TalonClub and ran across this using Mozilla FireBird.

In IE, when I reply to a message (either with Quotes or not), the smilie box formats fine to the right of the "Typed" message.

However, if I do the same thing using FireBird the Smilie section is too far to the right and off the page. I can only see the first 2 columns (from the left) of smilies.

Silver_2000
12-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi Doug,
I've been testing TalonClub and ran across this using Mozilla FireBird.

In IE, when I reply to a message (either with Quotes or not), the smilie box formats fine to the right of the "Typed" message.

However, if I do the same thing using FireBird the Smilie section is too far to the right and off the page. I can only see the first 2 columns (from the left) of smilies.
Not sure I can do anything about that ... I could report it to the vendor...