PDA

View Full Version : Apartment

bobbywade69
11-19-2003, 12:14 AM
My apartment is falling apart no one around here can fix it right I guess I have to fix it myself, the porch light sparks when it one or u shake the wall, the toilet doesn't fill up automaticly u have to turn on a ball valve to fill and turn it off when filled up, and the kitchen light works when it feels like working, man I'm moing out at the end of the year and buying my own house, apartments sux!!!:vomit:

my2002lightning
11-19-2003, 09:35 AM
My apartment is falling apart no one around here can fix it right I guess I have to fix it myself, the porch light sparks when it one or u shake the wall, the toilet doesn't fill up automaticly u have to turn on a ball valve to fill and turn it off when filled up, and the kitchen light works when it feels like working, man I'm moing out at the end of the year and buying my own house, apartments sux!!!:vomit:
Bobby,

Mouse around in here. http://www.taa.org/renters/Repairs.php. Hope it helps.

I hear you on apartment living. I've been pretty lucky on repairs, etc. so far.

But, the people upstairs at the new place are going to be hearing from my 15" subs if they keep bassing their tunes until 3 am ! :eek2: :D j/k...

Ronald

dboat
11-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Well, we are pretty lucky up here in Erie,, the neighbors are quiet as mice. We gave our check in list to the manager and had a workman out the next day. So no complaints so far.. oh, we only have next door neighbors, since the units are like townhouses..

but I have had worse than yours Bobby.. and I have had the noisy thing too Ronald.. been there and done that... get a house..

blueoval01
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Well, we are pretty lucky up here in Erie,, the neighbors are quiet as mice. We gave our check in list to the manager and had a workman out the next day. So no complaints so far.. oh, we only have next door neighbors, since the units are like townhouses..

but I have had worse than yours Bobby.. and I have had the noisy thing too Ronald.. been there and done that... get a house.. Sooo, what is the ETA of getting your house built? :confused:
Inquiring minds need to know ....... :D

dboat
11-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Sooo, what is the ETA of getting your house built? :confused:
Inquiring minds need to know ....... :D
Finalized house plans with the builder today, going to the mortgage company tomorrow. Buying the lot within a day or so, he might be able to break ground next week. He tells me and its in the contract, within 5 months, but he says he has his system down to a science and they are finishing a lot of them in 4 months. :eek2:
He builds about 30 houses a year and is one of the best builders in Erie, been doing it for over 40 yrs.. started with his older brother when he was 16 yrs old.. his sons are in the business with him now.
The best part is that I will have a three car garage, each one with their own drain, hot and cold running water. Plus the last one is over 28 feet deep and will have a 5 foot space from the other 2 car garage so that detailing and working on it in the winter will be no problem... I am having the garage insulated as well.. just have to add the heater.. woo hoo..
:nana2
Dana

bobbywade69
11-19-2003, 08:14 PM
I will probley get a house in march-april probley get an older house thats all I can afford somthing around $50,000-$80,000. I'm poor like that.:hammer: :tu:

dboat
11-19-2003, 08:20 PM
I will probley get a house in march-april probley get an older house thats all I can afford somthing around $50,000-$80,000. I'm poor like that.:hammer: :tu:
everyone starts somewhere.. Good Luck.. have Ron check out the HVAC system before you buy it.. mine cost me a pretty penny to fix and it should have been caught at the inspection time.. If you need a good inspector, let me know.. the guy who inspected my house for the buyer was incredibly thorough, I think the guy who did it for me did a drive by inspection.. :hammer:

anyway, he said our house was the cleanest and best he had ever seen.. at least all I had to fix was a cracked window..
Dana

blueoval01
11-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Dana,
That new garage sounds sweet. :tu:

dboat
11-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Dana,
That new garage sounds sweet. :tu:
Thanks Mark, when it came down to it, I had to have a 3 car garage.. and then when we decided that we were going to have to build. Well, then the gray matter kicked in and decided I better try to make the garage a thing of beauty.. It will also have cable TV, sound, drains, prob some of that neat flooring... a man can go crazy on this stuff...

Any suggestions?

blueoval01
11-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Humm, I think you've pretty well covered it.
If you will have attic access from there, don't skimp on a GOOD set of fold up stairs.
Go ahead and deck that part of the attic for storage. Something you can walk on and not fall through.

:bows

aliekitn99
11-20-2003, 07:53 PM
If you will have attic access from there, don't skimp on a GOOD set of fold up stairs.
Go ahead and deck that part of the attic for storage. Something you can walk on and not fall through.

That's what the basement is going to be used for as well as our wood working shop! Oh yeah! I can hardly wait to cut some wood and build stuff. :banana:

Kim

dboat
11-20-2003, 07:54 PM

absolutely, and decking for me has got to be at least 3/4".. LOL:beer:

dboat
11-20-2003, 07:56 PM
That's what the basement is going to be used for as well as our wood working shop! Oh yeah! I can hardly wait to cut some wood and build stuff. :banana:

Kim
huh uh huh uh (Beavis laugh) she said wood..:evil

blueoval01
11-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Oh . hum, hum, hum ....... from Kims description of your Bedrug ... :rll:
You might NOT plan on any windows in the garage door. :rolleyes:

dboat
11-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Oh . hum, hum, hum ....... from Kims description of your Bedrug ... :rll:
You might NOT plan on any windows in the garage door. :rolleyes:
woo hoo:tu: :evil