PDA

View Full Version : Intake/Filter?

BlkLightning
06-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, as mentioned in the other post, my '02 has about 5,600 miles on it and is 100% stock. I'd like to start the fun with an air intake setup of some kind, with the intent of doing chip and pulley at the same time or shortly after.

Any recommendations? Almost-daily-driven, ~55 miles round trip a day, getting horrible mileage but I don't care. :p

L8 APEX
06-05-2002, 12:14 PM
I carry PSP filter kits they are the standard 12" cone filter and support bracket. 180 plus tax. Let me know your goals and budget and I will get you there:tu: Give me a call if you want to discuss this further:)

Liminator
06-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Go ahead and do it all at once, the price is right and Terry will have you in and out in no-time!!!

BlkLightning
06-05-2002, 01:13 PM
My short term goals are just to add a little more umpf, for 356 rwhp 448 rwtq I normally can't even spin my tires and what fun is that? (without powerbraking anyways hehe)

Short term it has to be reliable and able to pull an ATV and maybe soon a small trailer (for said ATV, I might be trading in my current ATV for one too big to fit in the bed).

Long term it will stop being my daily drive and I want 10's in the 1/4. :d But that's quite a ways off hehe.

So for right now, as has seemingly become the normal first step, I want cold air of some kind & less restrictive intake, a small pulley adjustment and a chip to make it happy with the new mods.

What would you recommend, pulley wise, for a daily driven truck running 93 octane with our wildly varied weather? I do not want to blow it up hehe. I also want a pillar guage cluster and a more acurate boost guage, along with some safety guages like maybe a tranny temp guage?

Anyways... give me a ball-park on the PSP intake setup ($180 right?), a 2 or 4? (6?) lb pulley plus a chip, installed.

Thanks in advance. :banana:

L8 APEX
06-05-2002, 01:20 PM
I included prices in my last Email reply:tu:

BlkLightning
06-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Haven't gotten an email yet. :( I'm receiving post notifications so I know the address is right. Ah well, probably just being too impatient. ;)

Assuming I don't get sticker shock reading your email ( :eek2: ), how soon can we do this? :D

L8 APEX
06-05-2002, 01:30 PM
I am fortunate enough to be about a week nad a half booked :) I think you said you are going to miss the meeting so call me in a while and we can discuss your project.:tu:

RedNemesis01
06-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Terry,

that's me that you've been exchanging emails with today...sorry for the confusion O:-)

BlkLightning
06-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey Nemesis gimme my email then. :hammer: :d

I'll go find when the meeting is, I work late but should be able to attend as I have no life. :D

Edit: Ok, I can probably be there but I don't get off work until 8pm CST and then I'd have to drive to wherever Bonedaddys is hehe. Think I could get you to install the goodies in the parking lot at the meet if I bribe you with beer? :banana: Ahahaha, just kidding. Unless you really would do that. :tongue:

L8 APEX
06-05-2002, 02:01 PM
LOL, you guys are teaming up on me now:D I'll get it straight. I am only acting in an advisory and social MD capacity Thursday night:tu: That sounds official... Later!

BlkLightning
06-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it last night, didn't get home until about 9:45pm (usually get home around 8:30). Figured by the time I found the place nobody would be there.

Still interested in installing a 4# lower, cold air of some kind w/filter, chip if necessary, and spark plugs (I keep reading horror stories about detonation and eaten spark plugs) if you think them necessary.

Could you email me a ballpark on these items (installed all at once) and a kinda-sorta timeframe like when you could do it and how long it might take?

Thanks in advance! :burnout: