blondeinalightning
11-03-2003, 03:25 PM
WHAT!!! :eek2:
BlondeinaBemmer just doesn't sound right!!! :D

HA IT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME! :)

98Cobra
11-03-2003, 05:25 PM
HA IT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME! :)
If you get anywhere close to $23k, please pass along their name, I'd trade for a Beemer too! :)

blondeinalightning
11-03-2003, 05:36 PM
If you get anywhere close to $23k, please pass along their name, I'd trade for a Beemer too! :)
OK WELL THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE SELLING THERES WITH WAY MORE MILES THAN MINE FOR LIKE 18,000.
SO LETS NOT BE COCKY :nono:

Silver_2000
11-03-2003, 06:20 PM
OK WELL THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE SELLING THERES WITH WAY MORE MILES THAN MINE FOR LIKE 18,000.
SO LETS NOT BE COCKY :nono:
I think his point was that MOST 99's and 2000's are selling under 20k - Have been for 6 months...

Doug

98Cobra
11-03-2003, 06:22 PM
I think his point was that MOST 99's and 2000's are selling under 20k - Have been for 6 months...

Doug

We have a WINNER, ladies and gentlemen!

The point is, you should do a lookup on nadaguides or something before you put your vehicle on the market, to see if your expectations line up with reality. :rolleyes:

Silver_2000
11-03-2003, 06:36 PM

The point is, you should do a lookup on nadaguides or something before you put your vehicle on the market, to see if your expectations line up with reality. :rolleyes:http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueCategoryReport.asp?UserID=51073E935BF39&DID=37928&wSec=1&wPg=1207&CategoryId=3&MakeId=1065&VehicleId=6606&Year=1999&ColorId=

................Trade .............Retail
Total Price $20,450..........$23,625

NADA added $1700 for low miles...

kbb.com
was lower ( factored in zip code )
Retail Value ( what you would pay )$20,240
Equipment Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Sliding Rear Window
Stepside Bed
Bed Liner
Towing Pkg
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition:Excellent "Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history (http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.rm?kbb&&784&/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.sp?kbb&75007;pic+t&&CTcarfax_UCTreportbottom;clickthru&17625) is assumed. // AddPartner('carfax','uctreport_bottom','kbbeccarfa x') // --> This is an exceptional vehicle.

Trade-In Value$17,625 Trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this consumer owned vehicle. Keep in mind that the dealer must then absorb the cost of making the vehicle ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the vehicle for any mechanical or safety problems.

Equipment Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Multi Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Stepside Bed
Hard Tonneau Cover
Towing Pkg
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition:Excellent "Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history (http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.rm?kbb&&774&/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.sp?kbb&75007;pic+p&&CTcarfax_PPOreportbottom;clickthru&20055) is assumed. // AddPartner('carfax','pporeport_bottom','kbbeccarfa x') // --> This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value$20,055 Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

jcblack
11-03-2003, 07:19 PM

The point is, you should do a lookup on nadaguides or something before you put your vehicle on the market, to see if your expectations line up with reality. :rolleyes:
Looks like doug is the winner. I think the lady said 23 or OBO. I'm going to have to apologize for the fact that alot of the guys that answer questions or post up are smart asses. Give some people a break.

L8 APEX
11-03-2003, 08:03 PM
We'll miss you, the world needs more chicks with L's and Corvettes:bows . I called my buddy that is a general manager of a Ford dealership. He said I would be lucky to 21 for my 2001 with 29K miles. $21K is with him pushing it through personally. I don't mean to down or diss anyone selling their trucks. I am all for someone trying to get the most they can for what they have. But as most know the used market has been crap since about 2000. I hear left and right guys saying they can get an 2003 or so new at X-Z plan for 29K and won't pay 25K for an 2002 etc. Private sale is the only way to get top dolllar but that is a hassle as well. When you trade in you are avoiding a lot of hassle IMO.

tliss
11-04-2003, 08:14 AM
BMW=Big Money Waste :vomit:

Keep the truck....you'll enjoy it so much more. Or once you get the Big Money Waste we'll all come by and smoke you..!! :burnout:

Tom

98Cobra
11-04-2003, 10:21 AM
We'll miss you, the world needs more chicks with L's and Corvettes:bows . I called my buddy that is a general manager of a Ford dealership. He said I would be lucky to 21 for my 2001 with 29K miles. $21K is with him pushing it through personally. I don't mean to down or diss anyone selling their trucks. I am all for someone trying to get the most they can for what they have. But as most know the used market has been crap since about 2000. I hear left and right guys saying they can get an 2003 or so new at X-Z plan for 29K and won't pay 25K for an 2002 etc. Private sale is the only way to get top dolllar but that is a hassle as well. When you trade in you are avoiding a lot of hassle IMO.
My point exactly. I had my white 2000 appraised recently and I was pushing to get $17k for it. I know I have high miles but that can only make so much difference.

Also, jcblack, when someone puts up a vehicle for $23k OBO, they will rarely come down $3k to sell it. That's a lot to swallow, especially if you are trying to roll that into a Bimmer. Not saying it doesnt happen, but I bet less than 1% of the time.

andy_cain
11-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Are you sure you don't want to trade it for a Lil' red "Poor-She" cabriolet:d

L8 APEX
11-04-2003, 10:39 AM
If I were going to build a race truck I would use a 99. They were built on the XL base pickup chasis. In 2000 they switched to the XLT chasis and 14mm studs. The XLT is nicer to own with overhead console and painted mirror covers. 01 got nicer with new grilles, signal mirrors, 20 more hp, clear lamps, alum DS, and 3:73's. When I sold my black C5 everyone told me 32K was Z06 money and would not sell. It took four months but a 18yr old with cash picked it up for 31K. Now it was seriously built and much faster than a Z06. Sometimes you get lucky and run into the right buyer.

PoorSvtman
11-04-2003, 01:02 PM
We'll miss you, the world needs more chicks with L's and Corvettes.

Thats the truth. Ive only seen one girl in her 20s (im guessing) out here in burleson and a 40yrold out in arlington.

But good luck with selling your L.

StormShadow
11-04-2003, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=PoorSvtman]Thats the truth. Ive only seen one girl in her 20s (im guessing) out here in burleson and a 40yrold out in arlington.

U saw a MILF in a Lightning? :nana2

PoorSvtman
11-05-2003, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=PoorSvtman]Thats the truth. Ive only seen one girl in her 20s (im guessing) out here in burleson and a 40yrold out in arlington.

U saw a MILF in a Lightning? :nana2

Not exactly a milf but she got points for driving a L :nana2

MadMax
11-06-2003, 11:10 PM
LOL I don't know about the Lightning....but I'll take a blonde...

ps...I said a blonde....don't get nasty wit me... :rolleyes:

Wayne....you will give it up the first time it spews oil or someting... :D

MadMax
11-06-2003, 11:36 PM
BMW=Big Money Waste :vomit:

Keep the truck....you'll enjoy it so much more. Or once you get the Big Money Waste we'll all come by and smoke you..!! :burnout:

Tom
the M3's and M5's are not holding up. I know a guy with the M5 and he claims it is a big piece of ****. Rephrase...a big fast piece of ****....

the Mercedes are mucho quality compared to BMW...

Logan
11-07-2003, 08:15 AM
Not to put a damper on things but ummmm...

There's a Black 01 on the bay with 27k miles for $21.9k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441540473&category=6219

Soooooooo Good luck. A used 99, regardless of mileage is worth no more than 18k, especially in this market.

98Cobra
11-07-2003, 09:05 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441540473&category=6219

Soooooooo Good luck. A used 99, regardless of mileage is worth no more than 18k, especially in this market.
God Logan, that is SOOOO rude! :rolleyes:

:rll: Sorry, had to say it. :evil

Silver_2000
11-07-2003, 10:12 AM

Soooooooo Good luck. A used 99, regardless of mileage is worth no more than 18k, especially in this market.Crazy part is thats a dealers Buy it now price.... Looks like they armoralled the entire interior ... I HATE the way that looks. Looks like you lubed it with astroglide or something. And as soon as you drive it dust and lint gets all stuck in it.. :vomit:

Logan
11-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Crazy part is thats a dealers Buy it now price.... Looks like they armoralled the entire interior ... I HATE the way that looks. Looks like you lubed it with astroglide or something. And as soon as you drive it dust and lint gets all stuck in it.. :vomit:
What can I say? I'm an ass... I can live with that.

:nana2

microsuck
11-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Thats the truth. Ive only seen one girl in her 20s (im guessing) out here in burleson and a 40yrold out in arlington.

But good luck with selling your L.if it was white, I know her. thats lindy and thats her dads truck. if it was true blue it was probably one of RC's hoes driving his. if it was black it was probalby one of my hoes in mine.
Andrew

PoorSvtman
11-07-2003, 07:55 PM
if it was white, I know her. thats lindy and thats her dads truck. if it was true blue it was probably one of RC's hoes driving his. if it was black it was probalby one of my hoes in mine.
Andrew

None of the above. Its a 03 grayish color. I believe she works at some little shop by the metro tire and battery off the service road by lynn smith. I also think she use to drive a blue lexus is300.

blondeinalightning
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
God Logan, that is SOOOO rude! :rolleyes:

:rll: Sorry, had to say it. :evil

HEY COBRA BOY! Why do u have to be such an A$$ all the time?

blondeinalightning
11-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Its alright guys since yall slammed my truck so many times about telling me I can and can't get I have decided not to sell it anyways. But next time someone wants to sell there truck, dont critisize them, just tell them good luck and go on your way.
:)

Alpine
11-10-2003, 07:24 PM
HEY COBRA BOY! Why do u have to be such an A$$ all the time?
Cobra Boy:throw:Blondeinalightning

98 cobra:nono: The truck is worth what someone might be willing to pay for it, regardless of book value in some cases. What if someone really wants a 99 because it was the first gen 2, the truck does have really low miles. Now, someone reads all this book value mumbo jumbo, and might change their prospective. If you dont have something nice to say just dont say anything at all, whats that going to hurt? We are here to help other members, not to judge their decisions. You dont know her financial situation, maybe she cant afford to put gas in her truck every other day at 35
-40 dollars a pop, or any other reason for that matter. Not trying to start an argument, just my opinon.

jcblack
11-10-2003, 07:35 PM
God Logan, you and I are SOOOO no cool! :rolleyes:

:rll: Sorry, had to say it. :evilEasy guys, be nice

Crawford
11-10-2003, 07:47 PM
If I could use those smileys of the guy eating popcorn and the guy smoking a cig I would insert them here.

:evil

Silver_2000
11-10-2003, 07:51 PM
The truck is worth what someone is willing to pay

The kicker is how much time do you have to wait for the ideal buyer to find your truck and call you ?

Same with houses - If the house is in a neighborhood of 150K houses and if it is the same as them its worth ~150 k - you can list it higher and you might find a buyer who wants exactly what you are selling down to the wallpaper BUT unless you are willing and able to wait - A LONG time for that buyer - most people list the house for near market. I had a co worker who KNEW they wanted to move next april - They listed thier gorgeous house for 80k over market with the plan of reducing it 10k a month till it sold

the plan worked for them but they had VERY few interested people till it came down near market

- so its a long winded way of saying we were trying to help.

Doug

L8 APEX
11-10-2003, 08:00 PM
You can't help people Doug, you just let their over priced ad collect dust and they never know why. They always flame the messenger:throw:

microsuck
11-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Its alright guys since yall slammed my truck so many times about telling me I can and can't get I have decided not to sell it anyways. But next time someone wants to sell there truck, dont critisize them, just tell them good luck and go on your way.
:)I still luv U:tongue:

98Cobra
11-10-2003, 08:42 PM
You can't help people Doug, you just let their over priced ad collect dust and they never know why. They always flame the messenger:throw:
Thanks, that was my point, that apparently some people missed. What cracks me up is there are litterly no people that jump to anyone's defense when its a guy...

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033&highlight=Lightning+sale

So, blonde, I'm not being an ass to you. I'm just one of the few people out there who will give it to you straight.

It's a big world out there. If you think I am mean, you ain't been out much...:)

dboat
11-11-2003, 09:10 PM
I still luv U:tongue:
Kim and I do too, Monica... :D

blondeinalightning
11-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks, that was my point, that apparently some people missed. What cracks me up is there are litterly no people that jump to anyone's defense when its a guy...

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033&highlight=Lightning+sale

So, blonde, I'm not being an ass to you. I'm just one of the few people out there who will give it to you straight.

It's a big world out there. If you think I am mean, you ain't been out much...:)

Hey Well I work in Terrell Grew up in Forney and Live in Rowlett now, so maybe I haven't been out in the BIG WORLD =)
But its ok I wont call you an ass anymore.

Moonshine
11-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey Well I work in Terrell Grew up in Forney and Live in Rowlett now, so maybe I haven't been out in the BIG WORLD =)
But its ok I wont call you an ass anymore.
Don't worry Garett, I'll still call you an ass. :tongue:

98Cobra
11-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Don't worry Garett, I'll still call you an ass. :tongue:
I knew I could count on you! :tu: :d

Logan
11-12-2003, 06:38 PM
I knew I could count on you! :tu: :d
oooo ooo! I still think you're an ass too Garrett! :nana2

L8 APEX
11-12-2003, 08:49 PM
I third that:D