PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to the GM AutoShow In Motion today?

jmlay
11-01-2003, 09:21 PM
I went with a friend to TMS today. What a rush. Got to try out most the of the GM lineup of trucks, including the H2 & SS. Not to impressed with the SS.

Best of all got to drive the Z06!!! It was a 2 gear course but it was a he!! of a race to/through that first corner. You had a professional drive that rode along but they encouraged you to give it the nuts, and I did. The guy that rode with me was cool, he gave some very good driving tips. The one that rode with mu buddy was a dud.

All I can say is GM has there SH!T together with that one!!! I have never driven a car that handles so well.

Mike

98Cobra
11-01-2003, 11:04 PM
I went with a friend to TMS today. What a rush. Got to try out most the of the GM lineup of trucks, including the H2 & SS. Not to impressed with the SS.

Best of all got to drive the Z06!!! It was a 2 gear course but it was a he!! of a race to/through that first corner. You had a professional drive that rode along but they encouraged you to give it the nuts, and I did. The guy that rode with me was cool, he gave some very good driving tips. The one that rode with mu buddy was a dud.

All I can say is GM has there SH!T together with that one!!! I have never driven a car that handles so well.

Mike
The GF and I went yesterday, and I too was impressed. Got to drive a lot of things I wouldnt normally get to. The H2 drive was cool - go up a 10 foot incline, back down, then sideways on a 45 degree slope. Very cool. Also drove the Lexus LX 430. It was the best luxury SUV IMO, it had GPS navigation, and the dash computer keeps track of all the maintenence done to the vehicle.

In the truck segment, I drove the Escalade ESV, which was OK, but I also drove the Silverado SS. There isn't much room to get on it, but I liked the sound and it seemed quick in the "seat of the pants" category. A more thorough test drive may be in order, just to satisify curiosity. One thing I did notice about it - on any kind of rough terrain, FORGET IT. My Lightning does waay better.

I did also drive the Z06. :D It makes the Lightning seem like a slow couch. Gobs and gobs of power immediately available whenever you want it. If I didnt have a boat, I'd sure be looking at one!!! (We need a drool smilie.)

I have some pics of the event that I'll be uploading soon....

True Blue Aggie
11-01-2003, 11:11 PM
was there a big croud out there this weekend?

98Cobra
11-02-2003, 11:39 PM
was there a big croud out there this weekend?
I don't know about this weekend, but I bet it was crazy.

Here are a few pics I took: http://www.trietsch.com/images/gmshow2003/index.html

Ken
11-03-2003, 11:01 AM
We went Saturday morning and it was getting really busy. We gave up trying to test any of the popular cars because the lines were looong. All I drove was a Saab wagon and a base Silverado just so I could drive the C5 and H2.

Yooz guyz is right about the C5s. That motor makes the entire car feel much lighter than it is. Too bad about the numb steering though. Interested to see the new C6 with more power...

TP Derrick D
11-03-2003, 10:37 PM
We went Saturday morning and it was getting really busy. We gave up trying to test any of the popular cars because the lines were looong. All I drove was a Saab wagon and a base Silverado just so I could drive the C5 and H2.

Yooz guyz is right about the C5s. That motor makes the entire car feel much lighter than it is. Too bad about the numb steering though. Interested to see the new C6 with more power...
Ken, Are you the guy with a racing boat to match your L? I met a guy a couple years ago at the Dallas Market Hall car show and he was from NRH if I remember correctly. I had just got my L at the time and we had a conversation and he was telling me his L had 140,000 miles because I told him I had one and was trying to keep the miles low.He used it to pull his boat to racing events and put it and the boat in car shows. :cool:

Ken
11-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Ken, Are you the guy with a racing boat to match your L? I met a guy a couple years ago at the Dallas Market Hall car show and he was from NRH if I remember correctly. I had just got my L at the time and we had a conversation and he was telling me his L had 140,000 miles because I told him I had one and was trying to keep the miles low.He used it to pull his boat to racing events and put it and the boat in car shows. :cool:Sorry, no wasn't me. Mine's only got 37K and I don't own a boat. But there are quite a few L's in my area. And they're kinda of snobby sometimes, not waving back cause they don't realize my "old" 90's truck is the same special as their high-falutin' 02/03 model...

oh sorry, went into rant mode there for a sec'

TP Derrick D
11-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Sorry, no wasn't me. Mine's only got 37K and I don't own a boat. But there are quite a few L's in my area. And they're kinda of snobby sometimes, not waving back cause they don't realize my "old" 90's truck is the same special as their high-falutin' 02/03 model...

oh sorry, went into rant mode there for a sec'
:cool: Your truck has less miles than my '00 (45,+++) and its not a daily driver but I do drive it of course. Funny how sometime you get asked "what year is it?" not sure if its because the '01-up has the 20 extra kicks or not. I did change my front & rear lights to '01 specs. Only way anyone could tell is the third brake light & the fog lights has yet to be changed. I plan on changing them out soon as I call Tony up, as he changed his out and said he would help me so they would all match. Next time you get the snobby act... ask them how many payments they got left? :rolleyes: As you see I've had mine 3 years meaning 3 years of payments complete, they are just getting started. :rll: