PDA

View Full Version : Well, so much for Ennis for me on Sat......

02BOLT
10-29-2003, 11:37 PM
Well, after 22,000 miles, upwards of 200 passes down various dragstrips, and pushing 500rwhp, my stock tranny made it abundantly clear that she had had enough:hammer:. I got on 'er tonight and when it came time for the 1-2 shift, it didn't happen. It has NEVER done that before, and seems to be fine under normal driving conditions. I'd rather go ahead and go through it now, rather than wait for it to implode and take my 2400rpm stall converter with it. So it looks like she's gonna get to spend some quality time with Performance Research and T over in Duncanville.
Reckon those 11 second timeslips are gonna have to wait 'til he gets done working his magic on her innards. Oh well, at least I'll have peace of mind where the tranny is concerned, and hopefully the built tranny will slip less than the stocker. Just gotta keep praying the motor holds together.;)

Later,
Rob:burnout:

Alpine
10-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, after 22,000 miles, upwards of 200 passes down various dragstrips, and pushing 500rwhp, my stock tranny made it abundantly clear that she had had enough:hammer:. I got on 'er tonight and when it came time for the 1-2 shift, it didn't happen. It has NEVER done that before, and seems to be fine under normal driving conditions. I'd rather go ahead and go through it now, rather than wait for it to implode and take my 2400rpm stall converter with it. So it looks like she's gonna get to spend some quality time with Performance Research and T over in Duncanville.
Reckon those 11 second timeslips are gonna have to wait 'til he gets done working his magic on her innards. Oh well, at least I'll have peace of mind where the tranny is concerned, and hopefully the built tranny will slip less than the stocker. Just gotta keep praying the motor holds together.;)

Later,
Rob:burnout:"Still the champ, baby" still avoiding me I see. Your just avoiding the inevitable...........me getting my ass kicked, but guess what? Im still the champ!:nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2

microsuck
10-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Later,
Rob:burnout:poopie! I cant seem to figure out why my truck hasnt exploded yet. I have more HP than 90% of the lightnings out there and more TQ than 99%. Most everyone else has blown a tranny or a motor. I keep my fingers crossed and the hammer down.
Andrew

03LightningRocks
10-30-2003, 02:30 PM
poopie! I cant seem to figure out why my truck hasnt exploded yet. I have more HP than 90% of the lightnings out there and more TQ than 99%. Most everyone else has blown a tranny or a motor. I keep my fingers crossed and the hammer down.
Andrew

How much H.P. have you gotten that truck at now????
What is that torque number????
What kind of times are you getting in the quarter mile?

I would like to know how far I can push mine. I haven't dynoed it in quite awhile. I only know what it will do at the track.

Rocks:beer:

microsuck
10-30-2003, 02:52 PM
How much H.P. have you gotten that truck at now????
What is that torque number????
What kind of times are you getting in the quarter mile?

I would like to know how far I can push mine. I haven't dynoed it in quite awhile. I only know what it will do at the track.

Rocks:beer:haha, I am just the opposite. I dont like driving my truck but i LOVE to dyno it. heck, for only $40 why not. I go about twice a month. I will be going on friday. last dyno was 455/624. but that was with only a 9 deg advance and no i have it burned for 17deg. i also have better cooling and a more aggressive boost configuration. O yeah, and finer misting nitrous atomization. I am hoping to break 500/700 tommorow. we will have to wait and see. i will post up how it does that afternoon. I dont have the art of "traction control" down as well as some of you guys, so I think I will stay off the track for a while. the dyno is my home. I am a tweaker by nature. maybe the reason why i havent blown anything is because I am always adjusting my programs to the way i want them, I always know my EXACT timing, EXACT AFR. I run a "no detonation" truck and that may be my saving grace. as for the tranny, the full FTVB was prettymuch my first mod and I think that saved my clutch plates before I could trear them up. mine shifts really quick

Andrew

Sixpipes
10-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Well, after 22,000 miles, upwards of 200 passes down various dragstrips, and pushing 500rwhp, my stock tranny made it abundantly clear that she had had enough:hammer:.
Bad news indeed. Seems the pain threshold on the tranny is about 475rwhp. Good luck on the tranny rebuild. :cool:

Alpine
10-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Bad news indeed. Seems the pain threshold on the tranny is about 475rwhp. Good luck on the tranny rebuild. :cool:My pain threshold when Rob is around is about 4.75 min.:eek:
:bows Jeff
Rob :crying:

03LightningRocks
10-30-2003, 07:05 PM
haha, I am just the opposite. I dont like driving my truck but i LOVE to dyno it. heck, for only $40 why not. I go about twice a month. I will be going on friday. last dyno was 455/624. but that was with only a 9 deg advance and no i have it burned for 17deg. i also have better cooling and a more aggressive boost configuration. O yeah, and finer misting nitrous atomization. I am hoping to break 500/700 tommorow. we will have to wait and see. i will post up how it does that afternoon. I dont have the art of "traction control" down as well as some of you guys, so I think I will stay off the track for a while. the dyno is my home. I am a tweaker by nature. maybe the reason why i havent blown anything is because I am always adjusting my programs to the way i want them, I always know my EXACT timing, EXACT AFR. I run a "no detonation" truck and that may be my saving grace. as for the tranny, the full FTVB was prettymuch my first mod and I think that saved my clutch plates before I could trear them up. mine shifts really quick

Andrew
Andrew,

Have you the tools for timing?????:D I am not even sure what my timing is and I sure don't know how to change it myself. I have to run off to my tuner to get changes made. They will do it for me free, but it's still a pain in the arse.

Where are you dynoing tommorrow? I would like to meet ya there and dyno mine if they would allow it without me having an appt.

Let me know if you can.

Rocks:nana2

02BOLT
10-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Alpine

Hooptie a$$=No HP

:banana: :nana2 :banana:

Alpine
10-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Alpine

Hooptie a$$=No HP

:banana: :nana2 :banana:No tranny= yo a$$ aint goin nowhere.:evil :evil

02BOLT
10-30-2003, 09:48 PM
No tranny= yo a$$ aint goin nowhere.:evil :evil
:postwhore

I don't need no stinking tranny to crack yer a$$.....I'll pull out ma wife's Accord:eek2: ! You don't want none of Blue Thunder:burnout:

microsuck
10-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Andrew,

Have you the tools for timing?????:D I am not even sure what my timing is and I sure don't know how to change it myself. I have to run off to my tuner to get changes made. They will do it for me free, but it's still a pain in the arse.

Where are you dynoing tommorrow? I would like to meet ya there and dyno mine if they would allow it without me having an appt.

Let me know if you can.

Rocks:nana2i'll be at the dyno at the kwik kar in richardson off jupiter. I have to do my timing from my tuner as well, but I do it alot, so its just how I like it. you can walkin dyno no prob. its $40 for 3 pulls ( average about 6 pulls at that price, it depends if someone is waiting or not) with wideband. they are realy accurate, but the only downside is your thre pulls take almost three hours. they are slow and have to run the shop in between passes. i sent you a pm with my phone number call my if u want to go. ill probably be ther at 9ish.
Andrew

jcblack
10-31-2003, 12:20 AM
:postwhore

I don't need no stinking tranny to crack yer a$$.....I'll pull out ma wife's Accord:rll: ! You don't want none of Blue Thunder:bs Please Dont bring Goldie out. I know that she has the 15 shot and the air box taken off:bows I cant go down like that:crying: Love you Jeff:tongue: .Sounds like a challenge. VTEC Vs. VTEC.

Alpine
10-31-2003, 12:49 AM
Sounds like a challenge. VTEC Vs. VTEC.Blue thunder dont stand a chance against goldie! Goldie with a 15 shot runs low 12,s.......If I put the 27 shot pill in, low 11,s is very possible. I think you will agree Rob, thats some blistering 1/8th mile times! Hey Rob "You want a piece of this Accord boy!":mad:

L8 APEX
10-31-2003, 12:56 AM
What Rob doesn't know since he is sleeping right now is... His truck is back together and parked in his garage ready to go 11's Saturday:D Rob called me @ 10:30 last night and said bro my tranny is going by by. I swung by and picked up the keys that night. I drove it in to work this morning and took it apart by lunch, back together running by 7pm. I still had time to paint his calipers, install new rotors, and fuel filter. I put it back in its stable about 11pm clean and shiney as I picked it up:beer: . So no excuses on why he can't be at the track Saturday, love ya Rob:tu:

02BOLT
10-31-2003, 09:56 AM
What Rob doesn't know since he is sleeping right now is... His truck is back together and parked in his garage ready to go 11's Saturday:D Rob called me @ 10:30 last night and said bro my tranny is going by by. I swung by and picked up the keys that night. I drove it in to work this morning and took it apart by lunch, back together running by 7pm. I still had time to paint his calipers, install new rotors, and fuel filter. I put it back in its stable about 11pm clean and shiney as I picked it up:beer: . So no excuses on why he can't be at the track Saturday, love ya Rob:tu:
Holy sh!t Terry!:eek2: YOU ARE THE MAN!:tu: Thank You.

Jeffrey.....Your a$$ is mine!:nana2

Later,

Alpine
10-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Holy sh!t Terry!:eek2: YOU ARE THE MAN!:tu: Thank You.

Jeffrey.....Your a$$ is mine!:nana2

Later,
Rob:burnout:Bring that silver terd floater! All show, no go..........and quit looking at my big getto boody, homo.:nono: Remember I am not the one saying " my trannys broke, I was detonating, I had to lift(Yeah right, 110 octane) the paint on my blower was'nt dry, I lost 4 pounds of boost..........Whatever!.......Bring it, who.......is........the ......CHAMP!

:bows White L's

02BOLT
10-31-2003, 07:31 PM
LMAO:rll:

Why ya gotta get all nasty ta me?
Put yer money where yer mouth is BOY! Just for that I'll let you change my tires in the morning, after you buy me breakfast.

Now, go play in the traffic or somethin'.:tongue:

StormShadow
10-31-2003, 09:24 PM
Looks like I'm gonna put in a half day tomorrow to help a buddy out so I should be there by 1 or so. Hope some of ya'll are still there.

Adam

03LightningRocks
10-31-2003, 09:25 PM

OH HeLL Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! My tire changer will be at the track Saturday. Thanks Terry, I owe ya one. See ya there Rob.

Rocks:evil

02BOLT
11-01-2003, 12:24 AM
OH HeLL Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! My tire changer will be at the track Saturday. Thanks Terry, I owe ya one. See ya there Rob.

Rocks:evil
Yea, as long as you'll help me pull my tonneau cover and passenger seat:d . Gotta remove what I can to compensate for my 250lb a$$.

Later,
Rob

03LightningRocks
11-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Yea, as long as you'll help me pull my tonneau cover and passenger seat:d . Gotta remove what I can to compensate for my 250lb a$$.

Later,
Rob
Sounds like a deal to me....:tu:

StormShadow
11-01-2003, 06:09 PM
I had a great time today! Hung out with Rob and Ron. These guys are cool as hell. It's nice to have guys like these who will go out of their way to help out a rookie. Ron thanks for helping with changing the tires and helpful hints on my setup. Rob I appreciate you lettimg me run your slicks and for the coaching tips. I didn't get my 12 today but maybe next time. My best was a 13.1 at 104mph. I also met Gavin today and watched him run 12's while I was stuck in the 13's. I can honestly say that I am now addicted to this.

Adam

02BOLT
11-01-2003, 06:24 PM
I had a great time today! Hung out with Rob and Ron. These guys are cool as hell. It's nice to have guys like these who will go out of their way to help out a rookie. Ron thanks for helping with changing the tires and helpful hints on my setup. Rob I appreciate you lettimg me run your slicks and for the coaching tips. I didn't get my 12 today but maybe next time. My best was a 13.1 at 104mph. I also met Gavin today and watched him run sub 12's while I was stuck in the 13's. I can honestly say that I am now addicted to this.

Adam
Enjoyed meeting you too Adam. Hang in there man, 12's are your IMMEDIATE future. Sweet Truck!:tu:

Later,

03LightningRocks
11-01-2003, 08:55 PM
I had a great time today! Hung out with Rob and Ron. These guys are cool as hell. It's nice to have guys like these who will go out of their way to help out a rookie. Ron thanks for helping with changing the tires and helpful hints on my setup. Rob I appreciate you lettimg me run your slicks and for the coaching tips. I didn't get my 12 today but maybe next time. My best was a 13.1 at 104mph. I also met Gavin today and watched him run 12's while I was stuck in the 13's. I can honestly say that I am now addicted to this.

Adam

It was good seeing you Adam. The temps and humidity where killing us all. My usual 60's turned from 1.6x's to 1.75's. and my usual 12.2x's turned into 12.35's.

Point being...you'll see 12's, we just need some weather help. My temp gage in my truck was reading 83 degrees at 1 pm:flaming: . The humidity was around 80 percent...OUCH!

I did get a huge kick out of watching Rob bust the 11 mark. Way to go Rob!!!!!