PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Events Tuff Truck Rules Change

Silver_2000
10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I have just been informed that the Ford Tuff (new spelling for 2004) Truck Class rules will be changed to include the following.
The new T/T class will be restricted to 1997 and later F-Series Pick-up trucks and Generation I and Generation II Lightning's only. We realize that some of you who have participated in the past with other year/type trucks will be impacted, however the sponsors requirements must come first.

http://www.funfordevents.com/2003/Forums/showthread.php?&threadid=2481

andy_cain
10-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Woo Hooo:beer:

About damn time:D

03LightningRocks
10-23-2003, 11:54 AM
I have just been informed that the Ford Tuff (new spelling for 2004) Truck Class rules will be changed to include the following.
The new T/T class will be restricted to 1997 and later F-Series Pick-up trucks and Generation I and Generation II Lightning's only. We realize that some of you who have participated in the past with other year/type trucks will be impacted, however the sponsors requirements must come first.

http://www.funfordevents.com/2003/Forums/showthread.php?&threadid=2481

That is interesting. If I am reading correctly, Randy Morrison and his Ranger are OUT!!!
I also believe it would put that FOCKER that put me out in Houston and Dallas out.

I would also like to see them eliminate the Nozzzz users while they are trying to "purify" the class.

Rocks:evil

andy_cain
10-23-2003, 01:23 PM
That is interesting. If I am reading correctly, Randy Morrison and his Ranger are OUT!!!
I also believe it would put that FOCKER that put me out in Houston and Dallas out.

I would also like to see them eliminate the Nozzzz users while they are trying to "purify" the class.

Rocks:evil

While they are "Purifying" the class, maybe they could put an age limit on it too...Dad :rll: :rll:

The absence of nozzzz would only equal the presence of Kenny Bell :evil
:tu:

Sixpipes
10-23-2003, 03:20 PM
How many races have you guys lost because you felt you had inferior equipment? I can honestly say I haven't ever; not one time. If you can't cut a light, you're going to lose I don't care what you are driving.

The changes are purely to focus attention on the newer Ford F-150s. If that's what Jim wants to do with "his class", that's fine with me. But, I really don't feel like the Lightnings or Harleys are at a disadvantage especially considering the class uses a sportsman tree.

Now for the "good stuff".

There are several classes that trucks can enter at a FFW event. If you don't have electronics, stay out of the Fast Ford class. If you are very competitive and you like stiff competition with a little monetary reward if you do well, enter the Quick Ford class. But if you are a weekend warrior and just want the best bang for the buck (including test & tune opportunities), sign up for Street Ford (trophies only). All three of these classes run a complete program on Saturday and Sunday.

Now if for some reason, you want to spend as much money as possible for the least amount of runs, then Tuff Truck is your class. Not only will you miss one of your three (count um, 3) qualifying runs if you don't show up on Friday afternoon, but you could be chased away from the test & tune lanes before the event starts on both Saturday and Sunday. So if you don't show until Saturday (unless you are using vacation days to attend on Friday), you get two runs and a guaranteed single on Sunday. All this for a measly $75 plus a $35 annual membership fee (not optional) plus $2/letter ($2X4 letters X4 sides= $32) for vinyl (permanent) numbers. This is not a requirement in non "Showdown" classes. This really tests a person's loyalty, especially when first place pays $500 to the Focus Frenzy first prize of $1,000.

So why is everyone upset?

First, everyone is not upset, but, we all know that JDM cannot take a crap without everyone wanting to take a look and comment about how much worse his **** stinks (or how much better it smells if you are so inclined) than the other guys. So regardless of what Jim does, he will always have his critics and his supporters.

On a side note, I did sit at the dinner table one evening with Jim while at Lightning Fest. He never broke wind at the table and to my knowledge never soiled himself once all weekend. So really, how bad can he be? I digress.

Secondly, the guys that will be eliminated by the rule change will have to pick on another class at FFW (if they chose to attend). My opinion is that as a general rule, the Tuff Truck class is one of the easier classes for a serious racer to compete in. On any given weekend, half the field is local inexperienced racers (that's me). Win six rounds and you take the $500 and if you do it enough during the 10-race schedule, you win a $30,000 Ford truck. Pretty sweet. Bottom line is this. Ford sells trucks. Not old trucks or trucks that the average guy in the stands can't even relate too.

I'll probably run in the Texas FFW events and probably even run in Tuff Truck like I always do, but I'm just stupid sometimes. Or at least twice a year I am. :cool:

Flats Man
10-23-2003, 07:09 PM
:rll: Hey Dennis, sometimes you are pretty scary! lol At least they did not eliminate Go_dzila or I would have to go back to street racing or something...

03LightningRocks
10-23-2003, 07:30 PM
While they are "Purifying" the class, maybe they could put an age limit on it too...Dad :rll: :rll:

The absence of nozzzz would only equal the presence of Kenny Bell :evil
:tu:

Now I can understand your wanting to think that maybe you could somehow be related to me, seeing as how you worship the ground I walk on. Only problem is, I have yet to be able to produce anything as genetically inferior such as yourself, even when taking a dump.

The night of the big gang bang at your moms house, I was only 8 years old and was not invited. I did however read about it, written on the wall, under a bridge in downtown Dallas. The list was very long but from what I could tell, your Dad is either a dude named Bones or Rufus. They seemed to have the most resemblence to you. Good luck in your search, it must be hard on you never having met your dad.

Rocks:tu:

03LightningRocks
10-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Dennis,

When I went to talk to the officials about the transbrake, they told me that the TT class was going to change next year. They told me that the reason for outlawing transbrakes and a few other devices was to try and get the class back to recent model F150's.

I had no idea just how far they planned to take it...LOL.
I'll be in it again next year too.

Rocks:nana2

02BOLT
10-23-2003, 08:36 PM
Dennis,

So, if you're entered in the TT class, are you saying you're not allowed to run any test & tune passes during their allotted times on Saturday or Sunday?:confused: Are you only allowed your three qualifying passes? I participated in FFW at Ennis last month, but only ran in Quick Ford(I made 8 passes b/w Fri & Sat), due to my not being able to attend on Sunday. I was pitted next to Rocks, and I seem to remember him making some test & tune passes. Maybe I misunderstood you, just checking. Oh well...

Later,
Rob

03LightningRocks
10-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Dennis,

So, if you're entered in the TT class, are you saying you're not allowed to run any test & tune passes during their allotted times on Saturday or Sunday?:confused: Are you only allowed your three qualifying passes? I participated in FFW at Ennis last month, but only ran in Quick Ford(I made 8 passes b/w Fri & Sat), due to my not being able to attend on Sunday. I was pitted next to Rocks, and I seem to remember him making some test & tune passes. Maybe I misunderstood you, just checking. Oh well...

Later,
Rob
I believe he is referring to Sunday A.M. The weather was wet that morning and caused a back up. TT did not get any test and tunes due to this.

Saturday I was able to get in 5 passes including one qualifying that I stop on thinking it would be about right.

02BOLT
10-23-2003, 09:09 PM
I believe he is referring to Sunday A.M. The weather was wet that morning and caused a back up. TT did not get any test and tunes due to this.

Saturday I was able to get in 5 passes including one qualifying that I stop on thinking it would be about right.

10-4

Rob:burnout:

Sixpipes
10-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Dennis,

Later,
RobI'm talking about guaranteed passes for the money spent. If you run T/T only, you can be turned away as Mark#2 and I were on Sunday. If we had been running another class in addition to TT (more money) or QF, SF, or FF, we would haver been able to stay in line. Previous years did not allow a T/T participant to make test & tune runs before Showdown qualifying or eliminations. My point is, if you spend as much money (or more) as FF, QF, or SF to race, you should have the same opportunity to make test passes when the lanes are open for test & tune. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/nuts.gif

Silver_2000
10-23-2003, 09:31 PM
You could T&T on Sat - NOT on Sun
Yes it is expensive -
Doug

02BOLT
10-23-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm talking about guaranteed passes for the money spent. If you run T/T only, you can be turned away as Mark#2 and I were on Sunday. If we had been running another class in addition to TT (more money) or QF, SF, or FF, we would haver been able to stay in line. Previous years did not allow a T/T participant to make test & tune runs before Showdown qualifying or eliminations. My point is, if you spend as much money (or more) as FF, QF, or SF to race, you should have the same opportunity to make test passes when the lanes are open for test & tune. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/nuts.gif

I agree completely, especially considering the money involved. I realize that FFW is a huge event in terms of what it takes to put it on, but IMO, for the average enthusiast(which probably covers the vast majority of those in attendance), it gets a little pricey. The only way I can justify the money spent(I believe I spent upwards of $150.00 b/w Fri & Sat just to run in Quick Ford), is the experience itself. All in all however, it's a good time.:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

03LightningRocks
10-24-2003, 12:00 AM
I'm talking about guaranteed passes for the money spent. If you run T/T only, you can be turned away as Mark#2 and I were on Sunday. If we had been running another class in addition to TT (more money) or QF, SF, or FF, we would haver been able to stay in line. Previous years did not allow a T/T participant to make test & tune runs before Showdown qualifying or eliminations. My point is, if you spend as much money (or more) as FF, QF, or SF to race, you should have the same opportunity to make test passes when the lanes are open for test & tune. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/nuts.gif
I did not realize that the other fockers where allowed to do test and tune on Sunday. Now I am pizzed off.
While we are on the topic of expense, I am also wondering why the win purse for the "largest class" sucks so bad in comparison to the other classes. I don't count the trucks that Ford supplies. The win purse is all that Jim is responsible for with our entry fees.

I ask ole Jimbo how all that was figured out on the NLOC forum a few months back...never got an answer. He must not have seen my post. There where at least 3 other posts on that forum. Maybe it got lost in all the action.

Rocks:Bullshit

Silver_2000
10-24-2003, 01:05 AM
I did not realize that the other fockers where allowed to do test and tune on Sunday. Now I am pizzed off.
While we are on the topic of expense, I am also wondering why the win purse for the "largest class" sucks so bad in comparison to the other classes. I don't count the trucks that Ford supplies. The win purse is all that Jim is responsible for with our entry fees.

I ask ole Jimbo how all that was figured out on the NLOC forum a few months back...never got an answer. He must not have seen my post. There where at least 3 other posts on that forum. Maybe it got lost in all the action.

Rocks:Bullshit
The reason I heard was to keep the big dogs from taking over the class.

Doug

03LightningRocks
10-24-2003, 09:36 AM
The reason I heard was to keep the big dogs from taking over the class.

Doug
Hmmmm....I am new to the racing game, so I am having to learn as I go.

So the thinking is that if the pay outs get to high, the big boys will start jumping in it chasing after the money.

I can see that as being a good possibility. I would not like that much as I like it being an amatuer class. I feel like I at least have a chance the way it is now.

I read in the thread on F150 online that the new rules on the make up of the trucks was to help discourage the big boys entering. For that reason alone I like the rule changes. I have enough trouble competing as it is. I really don't want to go up against electronics, transbrakes and gawd knows what else they can come up with that would cost me more money to keep up.

Maybe next year I can find the time and resources to attend more than 2 events.

Rocks:nana2