PDA

View Full Version : Tmccc

ken cryder
10-20-2003, 11:41 PM
if it doesn't rain sunday there is a texas muscle car club challenge . more or if not all of talon should be running in this event . it's for clubs like this . they set up nine races at different tracks during the year . and it's alot of fun . personally i like the 1/4 mile track in noble the best . hope to see some of you sunday weather permitting . prizes are trophies and the winner of the class gets an embrodered jacket with your name on it and the track you won it at.

ken

03LightningRocks
10-21-2003, 12:47 AM
if it doesn't rain sunday there is a texas muscle car club challenge . more or if not all of talon should be running in this event . it's for clubs like this . they set up nine races at different tracks during the year . and it's alot of fun . personally i like the 1/4 mile track in noble the best . hope to see some of you sunday weather permitting . prizes are trophies and the winner of the class gets an embrodered jacket with your name on it and the track you won it at.

ken
What track is this at and what classes are set up? Is it heads up or bracket? I might be tempted to go.

I have never run on an eighth mile track. I might end up forgetting to get off the gas:eek2:

Rocks:nana2

ken cryder
10-21-2003, 06:56 AM
this one will be at ennis this week end . they run 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks . and you don't have to race all of them just the ones you want .

Here is the schedule for the 2003 season:

CHALLENGE WEST SPRING
Texas Raceway
Kennedale, Texas
Sunday, March 9, 2003
Ph. 817-483-0356
Gates open at 9am

TEXAS MUSCLECAR CLUB CHALLENGE XXV
Texas Motorplex
Ennis, Texas
Sunday, March 16, 2003
Ph. 972-878-2641
Gates open at 8am

CHALLENGE DENTON
Denton Raceway
Denton, Texas
Sunday, April 6, 2003
Gates open at 8am

CHALLENGE EAST
Hallsville Raceway
Hallsville, Texas
Race Saturday, April 26, 2003
Show Sunday, April 27, 2003
Ph. 903-668-2858
Gates open at Noon

CHALLENGE NORTH
Thunder Valley Raceway
Noble, Oklahoma
Sunday, June 1, 2003
Ph. 405-872-3429
Gates open at 9am

CHALLENGE REDLINE SUMMER
Redline Raceway
Royse City, Texas
Sunday, June 8, 2003
Ph. 903-527-5911
Gates open at 8am

CHALLENGE WEST FALL
Texas Raceway
Kennedale, Texas
Sunday, September 14, 2003
Ph. 817-483-0356
Gates open at 9am

TEXAS MUSCLECAR CLUB CHALLENGE XXVI
Texas Motorplex
Ennis, Texas
Sunday, October 26, 2003
Ph. 972-878-2641
Gates open at 8am

CHALLENGE REDLINE FALL
Redline Raceway
Royse City, Texas
Sunday, November 2, 2003
Ph. 903-527-5911
Gates open at 8am
Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Banquet
AER Manufacturing
Carrollton, Texas
Saturday, November 15, 2003
Contact Ron at rrdillinger@earthlink.net for info

GENERAL INFORMATION
Time trials start at 8:30am Ennis, Redline, and Denton, 9:30am Kennedale & Thunder Valley, 12:30pm at Hallsville
Eliminations begin right after time trials

FEES
Texas Motorplex : Car & Driver $30, Spectator $12
Denton Raceway : Car & Driver $25, Spectator $10
Redline : Car & Driver $25, Spectator $12
Kennedale : Car & Driver $20, Spectator $10
Hallsville : Car & Driver $20, Spectator $10
Thunder Valley : Car & Driver $20, Spectator $10

these are where we run this year . you can run with the club i run with or if more of you show up can run under the talon banner . it is bracket racing . and if you have atleast six in your club show up . then you get to have two of your team run in the race of champion race . i won at hallville this year. so the last race they have a special big dog race for the r.o.c. winners from the previous eight races ,

TEXAS MUSCLECAR CLUB CHALLENGE XXVI
Texas Motorplex
Ennis, Texas
Sunday, October 26, 2003
Ph. 972-878-2641
Gates open at 8am
Entry: Texas Motorplex : Car & Driver $30, Spectator $12

Gates are supposed to open at 8am with time trials starting at 8:30am. Remember at Ennis you tech in before you head to the staging lanes.

The breakdown for brackets in the quarter mile are:
7.58-11.99 Pro Muscle
12.00-12.99 King Muscle
13.00-13.99 Super Muscle
14.00-14.99 Factory Muscle
15.00-.....

ken

benyouall
10-21-2003, 02:21 PM
what club do you race with.i ran last year,with ford performance club.i was the only lighting runing,are you going sunday if so i will try to go also. i run king.

Sixpipes
10-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Can we get 6 guys that want to try this? :cool:

Mark #2
10-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Can we get 6 guys that want to try this? :cool:Only if I get to kick your ass...again.:)
Mark

Sixpipes
10-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Only if I get to kick your ass...again.:)
MarkIf you can wait to kick my ass on November 2, it's a deal. I'm out for this weekend. :cool:

Mark #2
10-21-2003, 08:07 PM
If you can wait to kick my ass on November 2, it's a deal. I'm out for this weekend. :cool:
Yeah, I'm out too this weekend, if I want to stay married, unsure if I can make the 2nd though too, just have to see if I can get a pass again.
Mrk

ken cryder
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
what club do you race with.i ran last year,with ford performance club.i was the only lighting runing,are you going sunday if so i will try to go also. i run king.
yes i haven't missed one this year i run with torque central .com , and this year i have been the only lightning . some of the old muscle cars that come out are just gorgous.

i also run king

ken

ken cryder
10-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I'm out too this weekend, if I want to stay married, unsure if I can make the 2nd though too, just have to see if I can get a pass again.
Mrk
thank goodness my wife lets me and comes along . just as long as i don't street race she's fully behind me .

ken

Sixpipes
10-21-2003, 08:16 PM
What are the brackets for 1/8 mile? :cool:

ken cryder
10-21-2003, 08:22 PM
What are the brackets for 1/8 mile? :cool:

1/8 Mile TracksKennedale RacewayDenton RacewayRedline Raceway7.64 & quicker Pro Muscle7.65-8.27 King Muscle8.28-8.91 Super Muscle8.92-9.55 Factory Muscle9.56-10.19 Street Muscle10.20 & slower Stock MuscleElectronics you get to run alot of fast cars and the times are close so it's not having to run them down all the time ken

03LightningRocks
10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
1/8 Mile TracksKennedale RacewayDenton RacewayRedline Raceway7.64 & quicker Pro Muscle7.65-8.27 King Muscle8.28-8.91 Super Muscle8.92-9.55 Factory Muscle9.56-10.19 Street Muscle10.20 & slower Stock MuscleElectronics you get to run alot of fast cars and the times are close so it's not having to run them down all the time kenIt looks good for me.....wait, let me check with the wife.....oh yeah, I don't have one of those. Now I remember why:eek2: .

Do I need to register ahead of time or can I just do it there?

Some of you other guys....come on now, come out and race. Bring the ball and chain with ya.

ken cryder
10-21-2003, 11:26 PM
It looks good for me.....wait, let me check with the wife.....oh yeah, I don't have one of those. Now I remember why:eek2: .

Do I need to register ahead of time or can I just do it there?

Some of you other guys....come on now, come out and race. Bring the ball and chain with ya.

when you get there . look for me . i have painted lightning bolts painted on the front now . and my ricer wing . just pay when you show up . at the ennis race you need to get there early because you have to get tech in before they start time trials . they open at 8.00 and start t/t at 8.30 . if they were as prompt as last time , with changing your tires or any thing some times is close . we will be cooking out , we always do .
another freind with a lightning will be there also . this will be the first time this year that there will be three lightnings there at one time .

come on guys i thought you like the 1/4 well heres a chance to go run for thirty bucks ,and get three if not more runs in , depending how far you make it . we have in the king class an average of 25 or more cars . it's one of the biggest classes , and a blast only having 1 sec seperating any body you run . so no sitting there for ever waiting for light to change , and run them down .

ken

03LightningRocks
10-24-2003, 12:23 AM
when you get there . look for me . i have painted lightning bolts painted on the front now . and my ricer wing . just pay when you show up . at the ennis race you need to get there early because you have to get tech in before they start time trials . they open at 8.00 and start t/t at 8.30 . if they were as prompt as last time , with changing your tires or any thing some times is close . we will be cooking out , we always do .
another freind with a lightning will be there also . this will be the first time this year that there will be three lightnings there at one time .

come on guys i thought you like the 1/4 well heres a chance to go run for thirty bucks ,and get three if not more runs in , depending how far you make it . we have in the king class an average of 25 or more cars . it's one of the biggest classes , and a blast only having 1 sec seperating any body you run . so no sitting there for ever waiting for light to change , and run them down .

ken
As of now, It looks like I'll be there. I am having a few slight health issues...not contagious....LOL. I'll be at Ennis Friday night for sure. If that doesn't kill me then Sunday is on.

I'll be looking for you Sunday and I'll confirm Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for letting everyone know about this, I hope more will turn out. What about you Wayne????? Care for a rematch? Yah, that's right biotch, I'm calling you out.

ken cryder
10-24-2003, 06:39 AM
As of now, It looks like I'll be there. I am having a few slight health issues...not contagious....LOL. I'll be at Ennis Friday night for sure. If that doesn't kill me then Sunday is on.

I'll be looking for you Sunday and I'll confirm Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for letting everyone know about this, I hope more will turn out. What about you Wayne????? Care for a rematch? Yah, that's right biotch, I'm calling you out.

sounds great i beleive if we talk to ron he might let you run under the talon banner . if he will then you will get too race in the special R.O.C. race of champion race . but you can still hang with us .

ken

03LightningRocks
10-25-2003, 08:18 PM
sounds great i beleive if we talk to ron he might let you run under the talon banner . if he will then you will get too race in the special R.O.C. race of champion race . but you can still hang with us .

ken

Hey Ken,

Looks like I'm going to be there. A buddy of mine is coming out with me to help with the tire changing and what not. Since your going to have a grill going I was planning on getting some hot dogs to throw on it if you don't mind.

We'll be leaving Plano at 6 so I am hoping to be in Ennis by 7. I'll be looking for the L with lightning bolts on it.

See ya there.:banana: