PDA

View Full Version : November meeting.....where?

J.D. Blackwell
10-20-2003, 01:45 PM
OK, I looked on the calender and didn't find a place. Does this mean the Nov. meeting will be at Hooter's in Mesquite? hehe.

I am going to try to take off that day and spend it over at Lone Star Performance over on Forest Lane in Garland. Try to get this thing dyno tuned. I am only running 13* of timing on side 1 and side 2 is off on the shift points. Also see how much pep this nitrous is going to give me...if I can get this dang thing working.

Later,
Justin

Silver_2000
10-20-2003, 03:18 PM
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=37&c=1

J.D. Blackwell
10-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Oh........my bad. hehe

Silver_2000
10-20-2003, 04:46 PM
JD

I added it after your post

We still need Dec and Jan locations .....

blueoval01
10-20-2003, 05:29 PM
JD

I added it after your post

We still need Dec and Jan locations .....It came up this summer about Kellers, but too bloody HOT at the time.
Would people be interested in a meet there in December?
Down side would be that it's gonna get dark real early with little daylight time for wondering around.

TxBolt
10-21-2003, 03:49 AM
I added it after your post Why did you say that Doug? You should have told him it takes awhile for info to get that far in the sticks. If you can't find the meet "you must be a Redneck":rll:

Lyfisin
10-22-2003, 08:36 AM
I didn't notice the map link at the bottom of the message and pasted the address into Mapquest and the map came out very different then the one provided on the link.

I probably would have missed the :beer: .

Brook

tliss
11-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Well, looks like I'm going to miss another meeting. I've had the flu for a week, and I went to the doctor today only to find out I've got pneumonia and can't go anywhere. Anybody want to bring some Hooters wings over to my house??

Tom

Mark #2
11-03-2003, 05:23 PM
OK, I looked on the calender and didn't find a place. Does this mean the Nov. meeting will be at Hooter's in Mesquite? hehe.

I am going to try to take off that day and spend it over at Lone Star Performance over on Forest Lane in Garland. Try to get this thing dyno tuned. I am only running 13* of timing on side 1 and side 2 is off on the shift points. Also see how much pep this nitrous is going to give me...if I can get this dang thing working.

Later,
Justin
Well..I was looking forward to this month's meeting, and your dyno, but I will have to miss due to work commitments.

I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so...

Mark

jcblack
11-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Can the next meeting be at Pappa's again. I know that there isn't any girls there for you horn dogs that always want to have the meetings at hooter or bonedaddys, but it is a more central location for the whole club. Just a suggestion.

Alpine
11-03-2003, 06:32 PM
There is no way some of us south Arlington guys can keep going to Bonedaddy's, or even further to Mesquite. I guess there will be five or six less guys at every meeting because we can't find a place around loop 12.

blueoval01
11-03-2003, 07:41 PM
I didn't notice the map link at the bottom of the message and pasted the address into Mapquest and the map came out very different then the one provided on the link.
I probably would have missed the :beer: .

Brook Brook, it's back in an area not readily accessable to the service road.
If your coming down 635 east from, say Central exprswy:
Take the Town East Blvd exit (635 starts turning south before this).
Turn right on Town East Blvd (you will be heading away from Town East Mall).
Go up 2 lights and turn right, which is Gus Thomason.
Go down to the first light (Driftwood Drive), turn right, again.
Follow Driftwood down and you will hit a stop sign (havta go left or right here) The stop sign is Town Crossing Blvd.
Turn left at the stop sign (Town Crossing Blvd) and hooters is on your right about 40 yards.

L8 APEX
11-03-2003, 07:41 PM
If this isn't an age old debate:hammer: . As much as I tried I could not get a central meeting place the majority agreed on. So after 2 years straight I just started missing some meetings:rolleyes: . I think we should get together to plan club events, hang out and talk about the trucks. Reguardless of the opinion of the food or ****ty scenery. But I have lost that battle too many time so whatever goes. If it is convenient I will make it, if not oh well.

L8 APEX
11-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Watch the trucks around the Mesquite Hooters. Talking with various people around the shop. Both with nice cars got them messed with at that Hooters. One had a dropped dually they tried to break into. The other had a Cobra stang they stole the tail lenses off it. So watch your trucks:rolleyes:

blueoval01
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Well, looks like I'm going to miss another meeting. I've had the flu for a week, and I went to the doctor today only to find out I've got pneumonia and can't go anywhere. Anybody want to bring some Hooters wings over to my house??
Tom Dude!!?? That's some serious crap!! :eek2:
I'm available this week if you need something.
About 5 lbs. of super Hot-n-Spicy wings should get you cured quickly.
Note: Take some of the sauce an rub it on your chest ...... That'll clear up your lungs for sure ..... :rll:
Seriously !! I can bring you some Wings this week. Should I slide them through the doggie door?

Lemme know .......

blueoval01
11-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Watch the trucks around the Mesquite Hooters. Talking with various people around the shop. Both with nice cars got them messed with at that Hooters. One had a dropped dually they tried to break into. The other had a Cobra stang they stole the tail lenses off it. So watch your trucks:rolleyes: Well, we were doing this as a jesture for the East Texas Guys. Which is fine. I've driven to South Arlington Hooters for a meet, so whatever.

my2002lightning
11-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Watch the trucks around the Mesquite Hooters. Talking with various people around the shop. Both with nice cars got them messed with at that Hooters. One had a dropped dually they tried to break into. The other had a Cobra stang they stole the tail lenses off it. So watch your trucks:rolleyes:
This isn't good! :mad: I haven't missed a TALON meet since moving here in April, but this makes me a little "uneasy"! Theiving b#stards! http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/snipersmilie.gif

I'm trying my best to get the first coat of Zaino on Suzy before Thu. http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/cool2.gif:bows . I've just finished washing/drying the first batch of ~$50 Bed,Bath and Beyond towels Laney and cut into pieces. :crying: :D

Ronald

02BOLT
11-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Well, we were doing this as a jesture for the East Texas Guys. Which is fine. I've driven to South Arlington Hooters for a meet, so whatever.
O.K. that's all good. I completely understand and agree with this as being a jesture to the E-Texas fellas. That's cool.:tu:

At the risk of sounding like a little b!tch:crying: , all that us S. Arlington guys are asking for is some compromise in reference to the average monthly meetings, which are the vast majority of the time held at Bonedaddy's in Richardson. Since I got my L in April of '02, there have been precisely 2 meetings in A-town that I can recall(that's 2 out of 19). We're not asking for them to be held in Arlington! What I'm having a hard time understanding is what on earth is wrong with Loop 12/ NW Highway? There are like 15 frickin places to eat/hangout over there (it doesn't have to be Pappas).

It is just unbelievably difficult for us to get off work and up there in traffic by 7:00. It is 100 miles or more round trip:eek2:. If you wanna say we're whining, that's fine, but I guarantee you if the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be the one whining. We enjoy hanging out and visiting with everyone also, and are only asking for some consideration. Alright, I'm off my soapbox, and on with my flamesuit. I hope my boys got my back! Please know that this is not meant to p!ss anyone off, we're just asking.

Later,
Rob

Alpine
11-03-2003, 11:32 PM
O.K. that's all good. I completely understand and agree with this as being a jesture to the E-Texas fellas. That's cool.:tu:

At the risk of sounding like a little b!tch:crying: , all that us S. Arlington guys are asking for is some compromise in reference to the average monthly meetings, which are the vast majority of the time held at Bonedaddy's in Richardson. Since I got my L in April of '02, there have been precisely 2 meetings in A-town that I can recall(that's 2 out of 19). We're not asking for them to be held in Arlington! What I'm having a hard time understanding is what on earth is wrong with Loop 12/ NW Highway? There are like 15 frickin places to eat/hangout over there (it doesn't have to be Pappas).

It is just unbelievably difficult for us to get off work and up there in traffic by 7:00. It is 100 miles or more round trip:eek2:. If you wanna say we're whining, that's fine, but I guarantee you if the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be the one whining. We enjoy hanging out and visiting with everyone also, and are only asking for some consideration. Alright, I'm off my soapbox, and on with my flamesuit. I hope my boys got my back! Please know that this is not meant to p!ss anyone off, we're just asking.

Later,
RobHey N. Dallas guys, I live in Lake Worth. Lets have the next meet at the local "Buggy Wheel". On Thursday nights, if the place is full there might be a full set of teeth! It's only 4000 miles, be there at 6:00PM. Seriously, I agree with Rob, being that I live in N.W Fort Worth, I cant make it to Dallas. I would really like to go, loop 12 would be a good compromise. Even when I lived in Arlington I colud not make it in time, I HATE central(75).

Silver_2000
11-03-2003, 11:50 PM
We need suggestions for Dec - Jan and Feb

Rather than the back and forth come up with some locations and we'll decide

Doug

my2002lightning
11-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Just my $.02, Flying Saucer was a pretty cool place and centrally located for ALL of TALON. We didn't mind the drive from N. Plano to FS recently and I have almost 14K miles on the '02 L having picked her up new 2/27 of this year! :eek2:

It seems to me like I'm driving the wheels off it running all over TX/OK, but it's a TALON meet and we're happy to attend wherever the next meet will be! :beer: :nana2

Ronald

J.D. Blackwell
11-04-2003, 10:19 AM

Yeah, I am always prepared for that since I am expecting something like that to happen to me every time I come to the city. That is why I am bringing my back-up and both of my 9 milli's.....and I ain't kidding. You know my truck will be the first one that has something happen to it since it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Justin

Mark #2
11-04-2003, 10:26 AM

Later,
Rob

Rob,
I hear yah, driving to S. Arlington twice sucked, so I understand...so Pappas every now and then is fine with me, at least they have cheap beer. :beer:

L8 APEX
11-04-2003, 10:28 AM
I had one customer that always left his nickle magnum revolver under his floor mat when he brought his truck in for mods:eek2: There is a man who truely loves his truck:tu: .

J.D. Blackwell
11-04-2003, 10:42 AM
02 BOLT,

I am sorry if the Mesquite location is going to be an inconvience (sp) for you. Since I have started hanging out with these group of guys in Oct. 2001 I have been begging and begging to have a meeting at Hooters in Mesquite and I believe this will be the very first meeting in Mesquite for the club. Why I want it there is of course it will be closer to home for me when I leave. It is a solid 2 hour drive for me.

I think everyone here has compromised meeting places to go to. I have been to Bonsdaddy's (2 1/2 hours), Pappa's (2 1/2 hours), Grapevine, and even as far as Hooter's in S. Arlington (frickin 3 hours). I actually stopped at a rest area and slept for 2 hours because I couldn't make the whole drive home from Arlington.

But what I am getting at is everyone is going to sacrifice driving a further distance then wanting to sooner or later. I know I have every dang time.LOL

blueoval01
11-04-2003, 12:19 PM
We need suggestions for Dec - Jan and Feb

Rather than the back and forth come up with some locations and we'll decide

Doug Hooters / S. Arlington is fine by me ......

02BOLT
11-04-2003, 07:32 PM

Later,
Rob
Allow me to clarify my statement. I have Absolutely NO problem with this month's meeting being in Mesquite! Especially as its a gesture to JD and Tim for having to drive so far.:bows

03LightningRocks
11-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Allow me to clarify my statement. I have Absolutely NO problem with this month's meeting being in Mesquite! Especially as its a gesture to JD and Tim for having to drive so far.:bows

I would be willing to drive to Houston if I can avoid eating that sh!t they call food at Bone Daddy's:vomit: .

I am thinking anywhere in Arlington would be fair for the next meeting, since they are making the big trip on this one.

Why on earth is the meeting place not rotated anyway? That is truly the only fair way to set it up so we all have to take a turn at the big drive.

While we are on the subject of getting together, can anyone tell me why out of 20 or more members of the Lightning club, I only see about 3 of them actually using their trucks for the reason they where built?

Maybe the Houston guys would quit handing us all our azz at every event if we would all get together at the track more and help each other become better racers.

I do love all you folks, so please don't be pissed at me, it just gets a bit lonely at the track sometimes. Even if you don't want to race your truck, it is a great place to get together and build some great friendships.

Rocks:tu:

02BOLT
11-04-2003, 08:07 PM
I would be willing to drive to Houston if I can avoid eating that sh!t they call food at Bone Daddy's:vomit: .

I am thinking anywhere in Arlington would be fair for the next meeting, since they are making the big trip on this one.

Why on earth is the meeting place not rotated anyway? That is truly the only fair way to set it up so we all have to take a turn at the big drive.

While we are on the subject of getting together, can anyone tell me why out of 20 or more members of the Lightning club, I only see about 3 of them actually using their trucks for the reason they where built?

Maybe the Houston guys would quit handing us all our azz at every event if we would all get together at the track more and help each other become better racers.

I do love all you folks, so please don't be pissed at me, it just gets a bit lonely at the track sometimes. Even if you don't want to race your truck, it is a great place to get together and build some great friendships.

Rocks:tu:
See you on Saturday Bro!:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

03LightningRocks
11-04-2003, 08:30 PM
See you on Saturday Bro!:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

You can count on it....maybe we can get Gavin and Adam to show up earlier this time...LOL.

Let's all hope for some cooler weather for some better times. I would get a real kick out of doing my first 11 running down that track beside that silver beast of yours.

Hey...a double ejection...would that be a first...LOL.:bows

Rocks:nana2

TP Derrick D
11-04-2003, 08:54 PM

Rocks:tu:Hi guys , allow me to in put my 2 cents. I realize the club has been going on for a while and I only been hanging out with you guys for short time,FFW,L-fest,F/Saucer I really would like to make more but I work evenings for the Postal Service, a supervisor at that so I really can't be absent from work . Point is ,like I wrote in another thread ,I'll be more than happy to come to meetings if I'm off(S/M) or if the meetings are held close to my job now & then .I work up at the L-ville/Coppell/Irving borders near G'vine Mill Mall so anything in those areas I may be able to persuade my boss to let me take 2 hours and return. I would never ask you guys to change the way you are accustomed to, just want you to realize why I can't make most of them :mad: :flaming: But anything happening on my off days I will certainly try to be present. Unless wifey do this to me :hammer: :nono:
I look forward to seeing all of you ,and meeting those that I don't know.

02BOLT
11-04-2003, 11:02 PM
QUOTE=03LightningRocks]You can count on it....maybe we can get Gavin and Adam to show up earlier this time...LOL.

Let's all hope for some cooler weather for some better times. I would get a real kick out of doing my first 11 running down that track beside that silver beast of yours.

Hey...a double ejection...would that be a first...LOL.:bows

Rocks:nana2[/QUOTE]

:nana2 :banana: :nana2

L8 APEX
11-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Pops needs to pay me a visit if he wants a shot at 11's:tu:

J.D. Blackwell
11-05-2003, 11:28 PM
See you guys tomorrow at Hooter's. I guess everyone will be getting there at 6, right?

Justin

99WhiteBeast
11-06-2003, 12:01 AM
How about 3 a year in each area:
N Dallas-Plano/Richardson/Lewisville
Central Dallas/Irving
Arlington/Ft Worth
Outlying areas-TBD- make them track nights or something and we'll grill hamburgers- like Ennis,Denton,Royce City (Redline?)

03LightningRocks
11-06-2003, 12:08 AM
How about 3 a year in each area:
N Dallas-Plano/Richardson/Lewisville
Central Dallas/Irving
Arlington/Ft Worth
Outlying areas-TBD- make them track nights or something and we'll grill hamburgers- like Ennis,Denton,Royce City (Redline?)
If your saying to do some meets at the track...
I am all for it.:tu: That would be a good time. Grillin, chillin and racing.....the perfect night.:nana2

Rocks