PDA

View Full Version : Hallsville Lightning Shootout Results

J.D. Blackwell
10-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Well, I had a great time at the track Sat. night. We had 23 entries in the class, so I had just enough money to break even on the trophies. The track gave me the money from the people who paid for 1st round buy backs, so that money went to the First and Second place winners.

Jason Welch was the winner of the event in his White Gen 1. Dan Romansko gave it to him after he red lighted in the finals. In round 4, I got the buy into the semis and then broke out in Round 5 with a 12.55 and let Dan get the best of me. John Norris came in the 4th place spot over Mark Esparza.

There were a few new personal bests also. Wayon Wayon ran a 11.61 I believe on the stock longblock. Ron Durham and Mark Kressley ran 12.2's. Jason Welch, Mark Jackson, and Sarah Lentz also had new PB's.

About the worst upset of the evening, besides the wreck from one of the Sportsman cars, was Daniel Pach who drove all the way from Orange, TX to try to improve on his best e.t.(11.4) His Powerdyne and nitrous powered Gen 1 made his way to the water box on his very first T&T run and supposedly broke his internal belt on his supercharger. I am sorry that happened to him and hope it doesn't ruin him on coming back to this track.
I also had an upset as I couldn't get my nitrous to work. And I also found out by my Diablo Hellion that I am only running 13* of timing on my side 1 which is no timing at all. I am even suprised now that I ran a 12.55 on F1's. My side 2 has about 20* in it, but I think I am going to the dyno for some tuning soon.

Results;

1st place: Jason Welch
2nd place: Dan Romansko
3rd place: J.D. Blackwell
4th place: John Norris

Quickest e.t. Gen 1: Jason Welch with a 14.47 over John's 14.49
Quickest e.t. Gen 2: Wayne Wayon with a 11.61 w/ 12#s and a 100 shot
Best Reaction Time: Bobby Wade with a .510 light. Mark Esparza had a .513 light and John Norris had a .518 light.
Best Appearing Lightning: Tony Marquez with his tricked out '00 White Lightning which has the steering wheel left as the only stock thing on the truck.:)

I would like to thank all of the poeple who showed up. I enjoyed the whole afternoon. This was the most Lightnings that ever showed up at Hallsville. I got to this track all of the time and it gets boring not seeing any other Lightnings out there. I also want to thank Laura Barnes for helping me keep up with names and the entry money. And I also want to thank Doug for donating the shirts for prizes also. If I missed anyone else that helped out, I thank you too. I didn't forget about you, I am just to tired to remember right now. It was nice meeting all of you that I met for the first time and will see you again sometime. I also want to thank Shane (Madness) for helping me get this event together too.....thanks redneck...I mean buddy.

Sixpipes
10-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Justin,

You did a great job pulling this thing off even though a ton of people backed out of their original commitment. I am still hung over a bit after not getting to bed til after 4PM. It was good to see a bunch of guys from HALO come in for the event and they were rewarded by taking most of the hardware.

Hopefully, the Hallsville track will change to the new winter schedule for the TALON Fall Classic in December. I think that will really help boost the attendance. Maybe I'll be ready for Mark #2 then. Then again, maybe not. His truck seems to be growing big ones.

Thanks for all your hard work on the event and sorry I pulled out a little early. :cool:

Silver_2000
10-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Justin

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to put this together. I had a great time.

Wayne ran an 11.61 not 12.61 and his last name is misspelled BUT he may like it that way since he is paranoid.

So who got the shirts ?
If they went to HALO guys they will be the most expensive wax cloths in houston...

Doug

dboat
10-19-2003, 06:49 PM
sorry I pulled out a little early. :cool:uhh, Dennis, that sounds a little unmanly... :evil

Dana

hijacking another thread

Sixpipes
10-19-2003, 08:20 PM
uhh, Dennis, that sounds a little unmanly... :evil

Dana

hijacking another threadYeah.........I think it's called premature evacuation. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif

Crawford
10-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Justin,
Dont forget about me! I helped you get your golf cart out of the Dodge. :cool:

J.D. Blackwell
10-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Justin,
Dont forget about me! I helped you get your golf cart out of the Dodge. :cool:
Thanks buddy.

03LightningRocks
10-20-2003, 10:13 AM
I wanted to thank you Justin for a great evening of racing. You'll have to make this an annual event.:tu: :tu:

Rocks:bows

Mark #2
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah Justin, thanks, good job organizing this event. I got a personnal best 12.23. Glad I was able to get back from Japan in time to attend. Crawford, Doug, and Sixpipes thanks for the midnight crew work.

Mark

andy_cain
10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Justin:
You did a great job on this from start to finish.
I had a great time and can't wait to it again.
You are the man:beer: