PDA

View Full Version : SVT On Track

Logan
06-04-2002, 04:23 PM
According to the SVT Enthusiast Mag I just received, there IS going to be a On-track event this year headed up by none other than our good buddy Bill Simington.

Dates are September 28th & 29th...

Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of SVTOA or Bankston, but last year's event was a hoot.

L8 APEX
06-04-2002, 08:28 PM
I'll be up in that mug yo!

tliss
06-04-2002, 08:59 PM
Since I missed all of the good times that were had by all last go around, I am definitely in for this one! After getting on the oval, I may be as happy as the dancin' nanner:banana:

Tom

98Cobra
06-05-2002, 02:01 AM
What's it cost? And the big question, is Simington doing driving instruction?

:eek2:

99WhiteBeast
06-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Last year I think it was $50 for the day. It was alot of fun but costly on the rubber:eek:

Crawford
06-17-2002, 11:42 AM
:vomit:Bill Simington!?!? God save us. That alone is enough to make me not want to go. That guy doesnt know sh1t about well anything. I sat around for about a half hour and listened to him go on and on about how the Lightning doesnt have true dual exhaust and that it is actually a Y pipe and if you change the exhaust you will gain ungodly amounts of HP. Also he was telling me that HE got Ford Yager's Lightning to over 500 RWHP. Its sad that he is passing that information on to others as fact. He actually believes his own bullsh1t too which makes conversations interesting... (rant off)

Anyone know where they are having the event this year?

L8 APEX
06-17-2002, 12:49 PM
Hmm. I built Ford's L but it is nice to know Bill thinks he did it. Acctually Bill's buddy Chan worked on it before I got it and did a number on the setup. I had to get the S/C warrantied because it was chewed up inside among other things like a chip that shifted at 6200 RPM:rolleyes:
Anyway, the event is at TMS again SVT met with Ed Gossage last month on the details. I am not sure of event coordination though. I think that is where Bill comes in, LOL:hammer:

rickgig
06-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey y'all... I went last year and I'll go this year if it's just to drive the 2003 Cobra...

The track event was a hoot... I had soooo much fun toasting my brakes:D

Can't wait to do it again...

For months afterwards... everytime I came to a construction zone with orange pylon's... I was tempted to weave in and out... :tu:

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1064-1396-14226.jpg