PDA

View Full Version : Totally Airborne

Silver_2000
10-12-2003, 08:14 AM
No not in the Lightning.

Crawford, Garrett, Margaret and I went out in the lake yesterday. The water was VERY calm so on the way back we decided to have a little drag race. Garrett's claim that his boat was faster than mine in calm water was staring us in the face.

Garrett's boat got a 2 length hole shot on mine really quickly but once on plane I was catching up fast. The only waves on the water were from a BIG ass 30 somthing footer that passed REALLY close to Garret. So were hauling ass in a big banking circle around the waves and we catch up to the 30 footer as I am catching up to Garrett. Not sure if its the boat or the driver but mine takes big waves ok, so at about 56mph or so I proceed to jump the HUGE wake of he 30 footer - As I do it Garrett is 125 feet or so off the port side. I could tell by the size of the wave and the way the boat settled that we went airborne. (The boat didnt come down hard because it basically jumped from the face of one wave to the face of the other.) But the look of amazement on Garretts face was all the confirmation I needed. We may have temporarily sterilized Crawford however with the landing.

Well have to try the samething again next year and see if we can get an airborne picture... :banana: :nana2

dboat
10-12-2003, 08:25 AM
No not in the Lightning.

Crawford, Garrett, Margaret and I went out in the lake yesterday. The water was VERY calm so on the way back we decided to have a little drag race. Garrett's claim that his boat was faster than mine in calm water was staring us in the face.

Garrett's boat got a 2 length hole shot on mine really quickly but once on plane I was catching up fast. The only waves on the water were from a BIG ass 30 somthing footer that passed REALLY close to Garret. So were hauling ass in a big banking circle around the waves and we catch up to the 30 footer as I am catching up to Garrett. Not sure if its the boat or the driver but mine takes big waves ok, so at about 56mph or so I proceed to jump the HUGE wake of he 30 footer - As I do it Garrett is 125 feet or so off the port side. I could tell by the size of the wave and the way the boat settled that we went airborne. (The boat didnt come down hard because it basically jumped from the face of one wave to the face of the other.) But the look of amazement on Garretts face was all the confirmation I needed. We may have temporarily sterilized Crawford however with the landing.

Well have to try the samething again next year and see if we can get an airborne picture... :banana: :nana2
AWRIGHT.. Wish I had been there to see it... :beer:

98Cobra
10-12-2003, 09:56 AM
When you say airborne, you mean AIRBORNE. Even the prop was out of the water! :eek:

blueoval01
10-12-2003, 10:20 AM
.......... We may have temporarily sterilized Crawford however with the landing. :rll: :rll:
LMAO

Silver_2000
10-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Off Topic - But does anyone have decent pictures of me they can post ?
Enquiring minds want to know.
If you have any decent pictures attach them to this thread.
Thanks in advance
Doug

Sixpipes
10-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Off Topic - But does anyone have decent pictures of me they can post ?
Enquiring minds want to know.
If you have any decent pictures attach them to this thread.
Thanks in advance
DougDefine "decent". :D

dboat
10-16-2003, 05:30 AM
Even caught you with a smile on your face.. :twitch:

Moonshine
10-16-2003, 01:59 PM
:tu: Way cool. Flying a boat is great fun. :banana:

Crawford
10-16-2003, 04:01 PM
I can confirm that it was a massive jump. My balls took a complete pummeling on the landing for sure. My doctor says that sea monkey production may be a little low for the next few months. I have high hopes of a full recovery by next summer.