PDA

View Full Version : Good Bars/Resturants on Bourbon Street in NO, LA?

tliss
10-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Me and my dad and heading out to New Orleans to meet my brother and his kids to watch the Bears/Saints game Sunday. This'll be my first adventure out to the Big Easy and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where to eat and satisfy my thirst for barley and hops :beer: in the French Quarter.

Later, and Go Bears!!

Tom

my2002lightning
10-10-2003, 08:50 AM
I've been through most of Louisiana, but never to New Orleans so I can't comment.

But, this should help: http://neworleans.citysearch.com/section/restaurants_bars/?cslink=cs_h_browse_Restaurants%20%26%20Nightlife_ 0

Drive careful and later...

Ronald

blueoval01
10-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Humm, avoid the places where there are girls on swings in the front windows ....... :rll:

tliss
10-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Humm, avoid the places where there are girls on swings in the front windows ....... :rll:
Uhhh, are you kidding? That's exactly where I want to go!!!

Tom

dboat
10-10-2003, 05:23 PM
I happen to like Acme's in the Qtr for their oysters and their other food.. kinda like a cajun Hooters without the girls.. but the food is good...

blueoval01
10-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Well, where ever you go, Stop by the Tabassco place ....... Cool stuff as well as "Hot" stuff" :bows

my2002lightning
10-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Speaking of Tabasco/Avery Island, we drove past there on the way back to OK. on whatever Interstate that was throught Houston. Wish we had time to stop in.

Watch out for the 'gators, they're all over! This one was in the middle of the 2-lane until we herded him back into the water. Roads/interstates are butted up to swamps full of them.

This was me (I'm in the white shirt 2nd from the right), my brother Regan (red shirt on far left) and my two cousins back in '95. (Scan of a 4x6").

'Gators are good eating! :nana2 :tu: :D

...and those things are FAST and like to run after you with their jaws snapping!

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2536-3926-72250.jpg

Lil Nicky88
10-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Club Utopia has 3 for $1 specials on bottle beer... and the Hustler Club has $10 atm charges... :nana2

I have been working in NO for the last 5 weeks btw :cool:

dboat
10-19-2003, 06:55 PM
I really dislike NO in every way possible.. although the folks I met there were nice, just dont care for the filthy, sticky, stinking city.. what a dirty, nasty place.. you feel like you need to take a shower after you leave there..

:throw:
uhh, did I tell you I dont care for NO.. :vomit: Maybe somebody could go there with a very powerful pressurized washing gun and clean it up.. they could learn a thing or two from Disney.. did I mention that 1 out of every 3 people that live in the city of NO are illiterate?

did I mention that I dont care for NO? :nono:

Dana

Lil Nicky88
10-19-2003, 11:32 PM
after spending the last eternity there, I agree with you in every way. I am working out in a town just outside of NO called LaPlace. It smells worse than NO. The water from the faucets in my hotel looks like really watered down pee since it comes straight from Lake Ponchatrain. I try to talk to these people down here, but not only can I nor anyone else understand what they say, but they act like I am speaking a different language. They don't understand anything unless you sound like Bobby Bouche.

But it sure is a sight when you drive down hwy 61 (Williams blvd - the street that the airport is on) and you actually see the houses out in the middle of the water that have boats attached to pulley systems so they can ferry theirselves back and forth to their cars parked on the shoulder... :eek:

aliekitn99
10-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Me and my dad and heading out to New Orleans to meet my brother and his kids to watch the Bears/Saints game Sunday. This'll be my first adventure out to the Big Easy and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where to eat and satisfy my thirst for barley and hops :beer: in the French Quarter.

Later, and Go Bears!!

Tom

Despite the fact that many people like Pat O'Bryan's Hurricaine's, I personally think they suck....although the atmosphere is kind cool so you may want to get other adult libations...just my 2 cents

Cafe Du Monde is a great place to go for beignets (light square shaped doughnuts) for breakfast yummy yummy

then you might wanna get a Muffeleta sandwich super yummy

Have a great time and be safe... :tongue:

Kim
p.s. it can be a fun place and the crime IS high there and it does smell like a sewer. I like the fact you can buy an alcoholic beverage and walk down the street. You can also see all kinds of super freaky people...BTW Dana REALLY hates NO. LOL

dboat
10-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Kim
BTW Dana REALLY hates NO. LOLAnd I really hate it when she sugar coats it...:evil

blueoval01
10-20-2003, 05:40 PM
And I really hate it when she sugar coats it...:evilWell, Tom isn't moving to the French Quarter, just visiting. I've had a great visit every time I've been there.
Food, drinks, Museums, Tabassco Place, Water Front, Tulane, Food, Drinks ...... I love Cajun cooking.
Did I mention the Food and Drinks?

If you visit the tour stuff, that's what you get. There are some good places off the "beaten" track.

Did I mention that the Cajun cooking is great!

Course, I know some folks in far East Texas that can do a Crab Broil that will knock you socks off!

Just my $0.02