PDA

View Full Version : dynoing again

microsuck
10-05-2003, 10:23 PM
just incase anyone wanted to join me, I am going to dyno again on monday the 6th at the kwik kar in richardson. I will show up arround 11 or so. hoping to break the 475hp barrier. I should be upwards of 640 tq as well. as we recall, I hit 455/623 last time. and there have been some changes since:evil then. wish me and my block luck:tu: .
Andrew

02BOLT
10-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Goodluck!:tu:

dboat
10-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Andrew,
Good Luck... at least it wont be in the 90's like last time.. give us an update on the outcome.. and maybe you wont have to buy a new NOS nozzle and have the computer shut down on you either... whew...
Dana:tu:

microsuck
10-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Andrew,
Good Luck... at least it wont be in the 90's like last time.. give us an update on the outcome.. and maybe you wont have to buy a new NOS nozzle and have the computer shut down on you either... whew...
Dana:tu:I have a shark nozzle now and I also did some soldering pn the ECM it should be fine now.
Andrew

wesman
10-06-2003, 10:26 AM
luck:tu:

--wes

microsuck
10-06-2003, 02:13 PM
:Bullshit
well, the only positive thing from this afternoon is that none of my friends were there to see how humiliating my dyno session was. WTF by truck sucked ballz, big time. Im talking like 330/407 on 70deg temp. hummmm, last month it was 455/624 in 95deg temp uhhhhh. mumkay. the only thing different is....
1. the battery is now relocated to the bed
2. I am spraying more water
3. there is a nitrous nozzle (plugged) in the intake(not being used)
4. one size bigger fuel jet
5. (and the biggie) I may have messed up my boost actuator while trying to "adjust" it.
I guess I will just undo my changes. who has ideas?
also, the truck wasnt directely on top of the drums. it was kind of behind them an inch or three.
I need help now. I dont think the dyno was it cause it feels slower too.
Andrew:Bullshit
oh yeah also. my a/f's were a whole point to 1.5 richer than before. (even off nitrous) all thats new is the extra water.

J.D. Blackwell
10-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Those dyno # sound like the same as stock L dyno numbers. ASre you sure your chip is working???

microsuck
10-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Those dyno # sound like the same as stock L dyno numbers. ASre you sure your chip is working???very sure. besides. if it wasnt I wouldnt have a 11.2 AFR with a 6#. I think I may have been using too much water. I just checked the plugs. they are a lil white but not cooked at all. ???????????

dboat
10-06-2003, 06:09 PM
very sure. besides. if it wasnt I wouldnt have a 11.2 AFR with a 6#. I think I may have been using too much water. I just checked the plugs. they are a lil white but not cooked at all. ???????????did you use Ozarka water?? maybe thats the problem, it needs pure spring water.. or maybe you should throw a little alcohol in the water as well.. :nana2

Dana:burnout:

This is especially true since my dyno numbers are better than yours and that was on that 90 degree day too..

Mark #2
10-08-2003, 08:44 PM
did you use Ozarka water?? maybe thats the problem, it needs pure spring water.. or maybe you should throw a little alcohol in the water as well.. :nana2

Dana:burnout:

This is especially true since my dyno numbers are better than yours and that was on that 90 degree day too..
Okay, Do ya'll believe their dyno? and the a/f ratios? I'm thinking of taking a 1/2 day off on Friday to dyno at that location.

Mark

dboat
10-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Okay, Do ya'll believe their dyno? and the a/f ratios? I'm thinking of taking a 1/2 day off on Friday to dyno at that location.

Mark
Yeah I think so.. if you look at my dyno numbers in the dyno forum. you will see that they are very similar to the runs done at Keith Craft at about the same temps...

Mark #2
10-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah I think so.. if you look at my dyno numbers in the dyno forum. you will see that they are very similar to the runs done at Keith Craft at about the same temps...
Yeah, but I don't believe the Keith Craft A/F numbers, anyone else?
Mark

microsuck
10-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Yeah, but I don't believe the Keith Craft A/F numbers, anyone else?
Markthey are dead on. I figured out why it was showing 11.2 when a month ago it was 13.8. I lost 4 psi by screwing with the boost act. thats why I made stock numbers, cause I was at stock boost. there wasnt enough air for the tune and thats why it was rich. kwik is dead on.
Andrew