PDA

View Full Version : air filters=horsepower???

03'svtlight
10-05-2003, 07:21 PM
When Ken talked about just how good a ram-air kit is working on his truck, it made think about how good (or restrictive) an air filter could be. I have an air-aide box an I understand the closed cold-air effect the box is 'supposed' to give but what about the filter element?? My thinking is because the end of it closest to the fenderwell, is closed, to me that would mean the air would have to travel around the sides before hitting the meter. UPR products sell an air filter with the small end open and its not as long. Is it any seat of pants power to be gained??? :confused:

dboat
10-06-2003, 06:22 AM
When Ken talked about just how good a ram-air kit is working on his truck, it made think about how good (or restrictive) an air filter could be. I have an air-aide box an I understand the closed cold-air effect the box is 'supposed' to give but what about the filter element?? My thinking is because the end of it closest to the fenderwell, is closed, to me that would mean the air would have to travel around the sides before hitting the meter. UPR products sell an air filter with the small end open and its not as long. Is it any seat of pants power to be gained??? :confused:
I would defer to Terry on this one, but I seriously doubt it..
Dana