PDA

View Full Version : Finally got started....

J.D. Blackwell
06-03-2002, 07:56 PM
...on my engine today. I put on the oil pump, oil tube, pan, and the left side head. I am waiting on the head gasket for the right side. They changed the gasket for the '02 year model, probably because of the leak, so I ordered one. Will probably get it together this week, and put it in along with the tranny next week. I just had to take off work.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1237-20035.jpg

Here are a couple shots of my polished upper plenum that I am proud of.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1237-20036.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1237-20037.jpg:banana:

TxBolt
06-03-2002, 08:09 PM
J.D, Harwood are finished designing their hoods. I got mine on now I should have picture of it tomorrow night. The cowl looks like it 4 inchs. instead of 5 inchs. $ 475 I belive Joe told me. After you finish your truck us plain ol' Lightning owners will not be able to speak to you in person, maybe E-mail.:D Looks great man!:tu:

Todd
06-03-2002, 08:14 PM
I have been looking for a hood. I had that cobra style hood on my last one but I was not happy with it. I want a ram air hood that works. I saw a picture of a shaker hood that I really want.

blueoval01
06-03-2002, 09:52 PM
Lookin' good Justin ...... :tu: :tu:

wesman
06-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
J.D, Harwood are finished designing their hoods. I got mine on now I should have picture of it tomorrow night. The cowl looks like it 4 inchs. instead of 5 inchs. $ 475 I belive Joe told me. After you finish your truck us plain ol' Lightning owners will not be able to speak to you in person, maybe E-mail.:D Looks great man!:tu:

Website with pics?

--wes

98Cobra
06-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Lookin good Justin! You may have it together in time for FFW Houston '03!

Just kiddin' man, you know I had to give you a *little* $hit! :D

Hope to see it running soon!

Crawford
06-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Justin,
Did you ever get the blower?

Ivanhoe_Farms
06-04-2002, 09:15 AM
It is always cool to see such a work of art:burnout:
Can't wait to hear it run and see it on the track:burnout:

Moonshine
06-04-2002, 10:05 AM
Lookin' pretty sweet. Can't wait to see it run the 1/4. :burnout:

J.D. Blackwell
06-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
Justin,
Did you ever get the blower?

LOL, nope not yet. As far as I know, no one else has their 166 either. I am not too conserned about it right now, but when I get ready for it and it is not here, well then I am going to have to go with "Plan B". It will consist of the stock Eaton, but I will have a little extra "kick" also. Maybe something that has 2 stages and 200-225 shots of something....maybe whiskey or something.:D
I have a little hook up on the new NOSzle system that connects to your injectors. Won't have to worry about any backfires.
But I still won't tell anyone my secret weapon, just in case Mr. Hogg has something up his sleeve.:banana:

J.D. Blackwell
06-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 380hp

I am really looking for a 6" right now. I think Harwood is coming out with a cowl to fiberglass on the original hood here shortly. Will probably cut a hole in the hood.

I was also thinking one night after I had drank a lot of beer, and remembered that the hood is aluminum. I said to myself, "Hey I ought to polish some flames into my hood.":rolleyes: I don't know what it will lokk like though.

J.D. Blackwell
06-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Ivanhoe_Farms
It is always cool to see such a work of art:burnout:
Can't wait to hear it run and see it on the track:burnout:

Me too. With the regrinded cams, Mod max valves, ported plenum, ported heads, port matched intake, longtube headers, and off road exhaust (no cats), this thing ought to hollar at the moon.
Am am mostly excited about the Gregg Evans (Factory Tech) "Monster Box" tranny I am putting in also.
I am still looking for the right slicks right now. Probably 30" Hoosier's.

Logan
06-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Why not just stick one of those Kenne Bell Autorotor's on there? That'd be the shiznit.

J.D. Blackwell
06-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Why not just stick one of those Kenne Bell Autorotor's on there? That'd be the shiznit.

Yeah, I have thought about that too. John called me up asking if I had gotten my 166, and ask if I wanted one of his Autorotors, since I am a big customer of his,($3,000+) and I told him I would think about it. I just haven't gotten that $2,800+ price tag through my thick skull yet, or however much they will cost.
I think John will have them ready in 2 weeks I believe. He says he has already gotten an additional 100rwhp over the stock Eaton.:eek:

P.S. Glad to see that you are back from the dead.:)

Todd
06-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Blackwell, I have a black hood I might let go for the right offer.

Logan
06-04-2002, 08:04 PM
The last article in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords was pretty damned impressive in terms of the power output of that autorotor, especially how well the stock intercooler worked with it...

MadMax
06-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell

Yeah, I have thought about that too. John called me up asking if I had gotten my 166, and ask if I wanted one of his Autorotors, since I am a big customer of his,($3,000+) and I told him I would think about it. I just haven't gotten that $2,800+ price tag through my thick skull yet, or however much they will cost.
I think John will have them ready in 2 weeks I believe. He says he has already gotten an additional 100rwhp over the stock Eaton.:eek:

Impressive Shop! Did you Extrude Hone and port match your throttle body? Soundz like your gonna have an East Coast Runner in Good Ol' Tejas! :D

J.D. Blackwell
06-04-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell

John just e-mailed me back and he said it will be ready in late July for around $3,000. Just a little FYI....

MICHAEL
06-06-2002, 01:38 PM
That engine in the picture looks familiar!!!

J.D. Blackwell
06-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by MICHAEL
That engine in the picture looks familiar!!!

LOL, yep it does, the one in the background on the crate.