PDA

View Full Version : Slow NO Mo

03'svtlight
10-01-2003, 01:40 PM
After trashing that direct hits ig., I must say my L doesnt feel as if Im pulling a goat trailer. So if you guys ( and gals) see anyone making an attempt to buy that system, break their arm and take their cash away from them! Its just not for a Lightning. I dont know what its for actually. I made 355hp/429tq., and I thought that was kinda weak based on what I have and Doug thought so also. So now that it'll actually spin the tires from a 1-2 shift, its time to go back to the rollers and see what she's doin'!! :tu: And thanks Doug, Terry, and Sixpipes for your advice. It really paid off for me. Its good to know their are still some cool dudes out there. :D

J.D. Blackwell
10-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Tell me a little more about it. I figured after you are able to get more spark you can open up the gap on the plugs more, thus making more power.:confused:

But I don't see any 10 sec. Gen 2's with the system on there.

XOXO

03'svtlight
10-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Thats just it J.D., thats exactly what I was thinking when I bought it. From what they tell me you have to close the gap to about .028" to start off with. From that point on, you keep closing it till it runs good or better. I never got there but I close them to .020" as I was told from D/R. Doesnt make a bit since to me and it sure did slow me down. :bs

J.D. Blackwell
10-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Thats just it J.D., thats exactly what I was thinking when I bought it. From what they tell me you have to close the gap to about .028" to start off with. From that point on, you keep closing it till it runs good or better. I never got there but I close them to .020" as I was told from D/R. Doesnt make a bit since to me and it sure did slow me down. :bs

Well, I would think that you would open up the gap til it starts falling on its face at full boost. That is what I would do anyways.

A .020 gap is way way way way way to small of a gap. All you will do there is blow out raw fuel out the pipes. Trust me I have done it before.:nono: