PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable

Ken
09-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Mine snapped on the hwy in IL. I managed to continue on by wrapping it around the cruise control mount. (I was only flooring it to pass a semi...)

I searched NLOC and F150, but no mention if the cable part is a specific L item or just the standard F150 cable??

Thanks,
Ken

L8 APEX
09-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Why not just call the parts counter:confused:

Ken
09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Why not just call the parts counter:confused:

Cause I'm lazy and only want to call either the one by my house or the SVT one in Grapevine.

Alright, I'll get off my a$$ and call.

cpeapea
09-30-2003, 06:14 PM
damn straight...jk :D

wesman
09-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Mine snapped on the hwy in IL. I managed to continue on by wrapping it around the cruise control mount. (I was only flooring it to pass a semi...)

I searched NLOC and F150, but no mention if the cable part is a specific L item or just the standard F150 cable??

Thanks,
Ken

I got mine from Westway Ford...only place that had it this side of the Mississippi (seriously). I can't honestly say if it is L specific but since they had it in stock I wouldn't think it was . If I recall it was about $30 bucks

--wes

Ken
10-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Turns out to be engine specific. They got a specific part for each one including different ones for happy and sad 5.4Ls (blown & unblown;)).

I Googled this San Diego dealer with decent prices. They've got an extensive online parts catalog. Anybody know about them?

http://www.oefordparts.com/