PDA

View Full Version : L Fest thanks!

L8 APEX
09-29-2003, 10:57 AM
I would like to thank those who went to L Fest from TALON. It coulnd't have worked out any better. JD brought the Redneck Riches so we could seek shelter from the wind and cold weather. Not to mention the super stocked wet bar:bows I had a few conversations with the captain myself:beer:. The convoys were great when I could catch up to them. I will trailer next year though. I put 1250 miles on the L and got nailed by two pieces of retread on the way:flaming: Countless people trying to keep pace with me or player hating on the way back. Tom L, thanks for the breakfast Sunday. Wayne you are the craziest roomate anyone could ever have. You made yesterday very long for me with your philosophying until 4AM, then I got up at 6:30, raced, then drove home 8+ hours:hammer:. But free liquor and lap dances for two days more than makes it good. I don't think my body could have handled a third night in Waynes World. Thanks to Jake and Melissa for taping some of my runs. And for carrying some gear back for me. Thanks to Steve for bringing a drill so I could mount my brake ducts. Thanks Jeff for the help with the screening. The driving instructor was getting real nervous as the speedo hit 135+ coming down the straight, then quickly down to 80 for the turn in:eek2:. The brakes never faded lap after lap. I am glad they let some intermediates run with the advanced group. A track day isn't complete unless I lap you a few times:D. JD it was a blast tearing up Topeka Blvd side by side. Thanks to the old guys for not ruining our trip with any emergency medical problems, and finding your way back when you got lost:rll:. Big D and NLOC crew for putting in the effort and getting this together. Doug for being Doug and doing Dougly things, though I could detect no WAP. Dennis for pulling a perfect light:bows. If you were left out and wanted a thank you consider it done, thanks. I am still going to write the state of KS and thank them for an excellent road system.

Silver_2000
09-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Got home at 11:30 and the caffiene didnt wear off till 3 ....

2 more thumbs up to the Kansas roads...
Excellent.

I had some fun with a Caprice Classic with open headers on the way back. After I ran into Garretts GF's brother at a Loves gas stop.

The caprice was doing 110 all over the road - It must have been deafening in the car cause I could hear him when I was 300 yards ahead...

802.11 was on all weekend - If you stopped taking shots at the seasoned folks in the group you might have been able to connect - The hotel had (8) 9.95 internet charges on my bill.....

Doug

L8 APEX
09-29-2003, 11:24 AM
I left Dallas late and had to run the group down which is hard when they are on the highway doing 80+. So I did a little fuzzy math the determined the necessary velicity to intercept. 45 minutes at 120+ and there they were:tu:. I am amazed the truck made it there and back I really worked it a time or two. I just started the Crystal Method CD cranked it up and got in my flow. I made a wrong turn going to Topeka and ended up at a gas station that only had 87 octane, so I chanced it to a better station. I attatched a pic of the gas gauge at fillup. I did fill up in OK coming back and the fuel SUCKED:flaming: It rolled out like soot and made crappy sounds. I did scare the crap out of myself 100 miles from home still in OK I went WOT to pass a line of cars and heard a LOUD BOOM and saw a 3ft fireball out the side of the truck. I have trained reflexes that hit the key and knock it in neutral in the blink of an eye. Then I looked behind me for the billowing cloud of doom:crying:. There was no cloud so I coasted for a few miles to an exit. I plugged in the scanner and nothing obvious, looked for oil and debris, none.. There was huge hiss from the motor when I fired it up. The backfire pushed a vacuum line of its barb so I resinstalled and she was back to normal:bows. Then my brake duct scoop ate a retread:flaming:, rude people were blocking me in all the wayt through TX. My left eye was burning red I guess something got in it. By the time I got home I was more pissed than when I left without the trailer:hammer:.

L8 APEX
09-29-2003, 11:32 AM
I had two of those new Porshe Ceyennes try to keep up. One was a turbo and the other was an S model. Those are the SUV POS looking things. The S model ran about 115 for 5-8 miles trying to catch up. I did 120-140 for half and our or so but saw no reason to continue such. Must be getting old where I see the consequences and uselessness of such actions. I started slowing my pace thinking of what the tow bill would be when the rear end locked up but it never did:bows. That is why I wanted to trailer it then there would be no cannonballing:hammer:

andy_cain
09-29-2003, 11:39 AM
I am not sure my body could have taken another day in Wayne's world:rll:

J.D.
All I can say is...:bows:bows:bows