PDA

View Full Version : problems w/03'L

03'svtlight
09-27-2003, 08:02 PM
I just dont understand why after all mods Ive done, its no faster than when it had 4 miles on it when I bought it. Doug told me the only significant mod was the pulley. I realize I have no chip (patiently awaiting the programmer) but should it be this weak?? I have elec.fans, pro-m 95mm, direct hits ig.,flowmaster cat-back, airaid air box, 4lb pulley, line mod valve, and cobra R water pump. It made 355/429 on the dyno, and I thought was a bit weak. It ran an 8.80 last night at kennedale and I know thats wrong because it ran an 8.60 at ennis with only 400 miles on it!!!!! Whats up!?!?!?!?!

StormShadow
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
:confused: maybe it was the weather

StormShadow
09-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Was yours the DSG minus the tailgate last night? I have pretty much the same set up and I ran a 8.6 at Kennedale last week and a 8.7 this week. '03 DSG. 364 hp 468 trq. I'm waiting for my chip as well. Then I hope to get into the lower 8's like everyone else. What was your 60?

03'svtlight
09-27-2003, 08:10 PM
yep it is

03'svtlight
09-27-2003, 08:12 PM
didnt we talk last night??

StormShadow
09-27-2003, 08:13 PM
didnt we talk last night?? Yea sure did. I saw you run the White Chebby then I left.

bobbywade69
09-28-2003, 12:09 PM
U need need a chip to bring all those mods alive!!:burnout:

benyouall
09-28-2003, 02:33 PM
a lot of the members may not agree but the only way to ajust et. is nos.all the other mods are to hard to change at the track.nos is easy to change at track,but remember if the motor will run 7.90 on very good air . and the night is hot and wet, you have nos on and run the 7.90 and a goog cool fr. comes in with good air you leave the nos the same you will need a new motor in 7.90 sec.or less.:Dhttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

cpeapea
09-28-2003, 03:21 PM
with an after market maf and a 4lb pulley you definitly need a chip. are you getting any detonation? that would probably kill hp.

03LightningRocks
09-28-2003, 07:43 PM
I just dont understand why after all mods Ive done, its no faster than when it had 4 miles on it when I bought it. Doug told me the only significant mod was the pulley. I realize I have no chip (patiently awaiting the programmer) but should it be this weak?? I have elec.fans, pro-m 95mm, direct hits ig.,flowmaster cat-back, airaid air box, 4lb pulley, line mod valve, and cobra R water pump. It made 355/429 on the dyno, and I thought was a bit weak. It ran an 8.80 last night at kennedale and I know thats wrong because it ran an 8.60 at ennis with only 400 miles on it!!!!! Whats up!?!?!?!?!

A chip will help, but that flowmaster is kicking your torques azz down low...where it counts the most. Talk to Terry da Tuner and get a Magnaflow.

The ignition system mods are...well...lets just say, not fricking needed. Our coil on plug systems are pretty darned good already.

The only mod you have there that will make a REAL difference is the 4lb pulley.

Rocks:beer:

PoorSvtman
09-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Heh i wish i was running 8s. I went out to kennedale this last thursday and ran a 9.1 But thats only with a airbox mod, and full bassani Exhaust.

I dont know if thats good or not but i need to practice. Kinda wierd when im used to racing front wheel drive cars.. :p

ken cryder
09-28-2003, 10:32 PM
and the night is hot and wet, you have nos on and run the 7.90 and a goog cool fr. comes in with good air you leave the nos the same you will need a new motor in 7.90 sec.or less.:Dhttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

not always if your not running but a 75 to 100 shot it should be in the 7.7 or 7.6 . it also depends how your chip is burnt , and how much timming you pulled out , and how rich your a/f is .

a chip will make it work together . or reflash the computer and not use a chip . also i believe the flow master system cost you some power . i have had three different systems on my truck and have found if you take away to much back preasure the s/c doesn't do well i am running spintechs now and could tell a difference right off .

i ran at kennedale last sunday in the heat and was running 7.7s . went to denton thursday night and it was so humid we had light fog . with the same tune i lost a .1 down to 7.8s . the weather effects a s/c more than n/a .

ken

L8 APEX
09-28-2003, 10:43 PM
It sounds like a Mustang shop lined out the mods, ProM, AirRaid, and ignition thingys are the last thing a Lightning needs to make power:Bullshit. Without a dyno tune for the ProM it will run like crap. I have customers making @500rwhp on stock MAF's plus they are more reliable and FREE. It is all about the package working together.

ken cryder
09-28-2003, 10:49 PM
your right terry i missed the pro-m . they have had alot of trouble with those mostly inconsistant on setting from factory .

try putting your stock one back on be interesting to see if it makes a difference .

ken

03'svtlight
09-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks Ken,
Ill put my factory meter back on and see what happens.

Boosted32v
09-29-2003, 06:11 PM
ok maybe a few more things too, I have the Volant CAI, 4lb pulley, JDM Elec. Fan kit, Singleblade throttle body, PR magna flow cat-back (Mild kit) boost-by-pass, oil cap breather, Superchips burned By JDM, my truck ran a 8.3 @ 86 on the stock goodyears and full weight. You need to have a chip burned by JDM or PR and you will see big time results, IMO...'Henry

<---400hp500tq Club too:banana:

Lil Nicky88
10-04-2003, 07:24 PM
we had some difficulties on my wifes car because they had flashed the computer for a n/a saleen instead of the supercharged saleen (oh, yeah, she has a sc281). Where it was supposed to run 8lbs of boost, it was only running 5lbs. , it got 7 mpg on normal driving, and it was getting it's ass whooped by cars that she was beating before we put it in the shop.

Basically, without tuning, all is for naught.

Silver_2000
10-04-2003, 07:47 PM
The only mod you have there that will make a REAL difference is the 4lb pulley.
Rocks:beer:
Sounds like famiiliar advice

Doug

Silver_2000
10-04-2003, 07:49 PM
we had some difficulties on my wifes car because they had flashed the computer for a n/a saleen instead of the supercharged saleen (oh, yeah, she has a sc281). Where it was supposed to run 8lbs of boost, it was only running 5lbs. , it got 7 mpg on normal driving, and it was getting it's ass whooped by cars that she was beating before we put it in the shop.

Basically, without tuning, all is for naught.
Be careful using light text colors - Makes it tough to read

Doug

diablolightning
10-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey Derek when did you guys fix it? Good thing I gues but the gas milage is h:eek:rible. Get that mofo tunned. so what motor did you go for?:confused:
Miguel