PDA

View Full Version : Blinder's ROCK!

Logan
09-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanks to my man Terry for hookin' me up. :nana2

I've had my blinder M-20 extreme system up and running for months and it's never gone off. Today was the first time it saved me from a real live ticket.

Coming up the road to my house, Motorcycle cop sitting behind an apartment complex sign. Lidar's me from about 200ft out. :nono: My Jammer mutes the stereo and goes APE CRAP.

I wasn't expecting it and by the time I slowed down and shut off the jammer, I was staring at the cops really annoyed face looking at his gun and back at me...

I kept on rollin', he stayed put.

'nuff said. Logan 1, Cops 0

It's about damn time. They police in my town are Lidar happy. It's nice to turn the tables for a change.:tu:

Don't have one? You should get one. They rock.

blueoval01
09-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Logan, how do those thangs work?
Do they stealth the car as a moving target or just scramble what the gun thinks it's reading, as far as speed?
:confused:

George G.
09-24-2003, 04:17 PM
That's too cool! How much over the limit were you doing?

Logan
09-24-2003, 09:25 PM
I was probably about 15 over...

Mark, they have a plethora of LED's in the head units that emit light on the same wavelength as lidar. They run passive. As soon as the Lidar hits them, they respond in force by broadcasting 904nm light in all directions in pulses designed to error out the speedguns...

They do it quite well too. :)

skalywags
09-24-2003, 09:49 PM

Mark, they have a plethora of LED's in the head units that emit light on the same wavelength as lidar. They run passive. As soon as the Lidar hits them, they respond in force by broadcasting 904nm light in all directions in pulses designed to error out the speedguns...

They do it quite well too. :)are these things completely legal? Or can they try to nail you for having one?

my2002lightning
09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Here's a little more info.

http://www.jammerstore.com/p_blinder.htm

Sounding like pretty cheap "insurance".;)

cpeapea
09-24-2003, 10:12 PM
how much installed Terry?

Logan
09-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Light is regulated by the FDA, not the FCC, and as such, unless the state specifically addresses them as illegal, they're perfectly legal. Radar Jammers are Federally illegal. But there are no laws on the books regarding interference with a light source.

Now, that being said, an enterprising cop who suspects you jammed his equipment and he knows what he's looking for, could in theory charge you with obstruction or interference with the official duties of a sworn officer.

But, he'd have to know he was being jammed on purpose and be able to prove it, which is hard to do when the guns can error out due to perfectly legitimate conditions.

In short, it's no problem.

microsuck
09-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Light is regulated by the FDA, not the FCC, and as such, unless the state specifically addresses them as illegal, they're perfectly legal. Radar Jammers are Federally illegal. But there are no laws on the books regarding interference with a light source.

Now, that being said, an enterprising cop who suspects you jammed his equipment and he knows what he's looking for, could in theory charge you with obstruction or interference with the official duties of a sworn officer.

But, he'd have to know he was being jammed on purpose and be able to prove it, which is hard to do when the guns can error out due to perfectly legitimate conditions.

In short, it's no problem.
I have those too!!:banana:
cop 0 me ~35
Andrew

Dean!
10-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Blinders do rock! I was helping a friend drive a *mini* One-Lap of America practice-run (Dallas to Road America, Wisconsin to Watkins Glen to BeaveRun, PA to Dallas in ONE weekend... with five 20 minute road race sessions at each track) and he had the Blinders system installed.
http://www.onelapsupra.com/tws_hallett.jpg <-- Here's the car... 682rwhp :)

I was driving through Tennessee going about 115mph when it goes off and the V1 is screaming. I thought "Oh crud, nailed..." well the Laser portion of the V1 and the Blinders probably went off for a solid for 5 seconds (meaning the LIDAR gun couldn't get a reading) in the meantime, I've braked hard to the speedlimit....

We pass the LIDAR cop and then the V1 goes off for a split second (we're doing the speed limit) meaning.... the LIDAR cop couldn't get a reading from the front of the car...and the instant the cop turned the gun to probably "check" his gun, he was able to pull a reading of the rear of the car in a split second...

From that moment on...I was sold on the product... :)

Logan: He had an on/off switch for it... so we turned it off when we started to pass (and doing the speedlimit), so he wouldn't be too suspicious..just an idea! ;)

MadMax
10-05-2003, 10:56 PM

They do it quite well too. :)2 Radio frequency sign waves 180 degrees out of phase with each other result in cancellation of the frequency. This is basically what you get when rain causes atmospheric fade to the Direct TV/Dish Network signal. When the rain drop measures the same physical size as the frequency of the wavelength the result is zilch. An FYI....Lidar does not rock in rain/fog. :D