PDA

View Full Version : Raced a Ferrari Maranello last night

98Cobra
09-16-2003, 09:07 AM
I don't think I have to tell you that it wasn't exactly a race. :D I was next to him at the light crossing into Plano at 121 and Legacy. After we crossed over 121 from Frisco, I heard him start to get into it so I went to WOT, so he did too. It looked close for about two seconds.

Got to the next red light, he rolled his window down, and when I pulled up he said, "You have me to about 40! I have a Lightning at home too!" Then the light turned green and we were off again. I bet I crossed the tollway@Legacy doing 70 or so. At least I couldn't get written up for racing - no one would believe an F-150 and a Ferrari were racing! :nana2

Anyways, I knew I wouldnt win, but just being near enough to hear that motor winding out was worth the price of admission.

WS6/SVT
09-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Rock On... :banana: I would've been happy to have gotten a ticket after that... well, kinda. :bows

microsuck
09-16-2003, 02:40 PM
was it a red (removable top) one with an older semi-grey guy driving it? I saw him at UTD yesterday afternoon/evening. thing was spotless.

dboat
09-16-2003, 06:19 PM
was it a red (removable top) one with an older semi-grey guy driving it? I saw him at UTD yesterday afternoon/evening. thing was spotless.

uhh yeah that was me .. yeah thats it, thats it... it was me in my Ferrari.. LOL:evil

my2002lightning
09-16-2003, 10:17 PM
uhh yeah that was me .. yeah thats it, thats it... it was me in my Ferrari.. LOL:evil
Dana,

This couldn't have been you. This old codger obviously KNEW how to drive! :d

Yeah,

Garett's old "marshmallow" / boat tow-rig is sorta' quick.... I've heard.:twitch:

Ronald
:nana2:d

Crawford
09-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Sweet! Thats a once in a lifetime race right there. How did you do from a stop?

98Cobra
09-17-2003, 08:16 AM
Sweet! Thats a once in a lifetime race right there. How did you do from a stop?

From a stop, not too bad - he didn't really start to leave me til about 60mph - so thats like 4 or 5 seconds that we were close. Not too bad since I don't have the chip in right now...

It was weird - I was grinning the rest of my drive. Felt like I was 17 again when I saw a 94 Cobra for the first time. :cool:

my2002lightning
09-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Careful there! If you stop posting for a while, we'll assume you're http://www.smiliedb.de/s/sdb78926.gif.

:d