PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from the Front!

L8 APEX
09-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Sorry about the poor quality but I took pics of actual photos a relative brought back from Iraq. These guys have some LONG hwy names! They also they had fun hearding camels with Hummers:banana: Yes the sign says "The custodian of the two holy mosques"

L8 APEX
09-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Here is a field PX for the men to shop at. Mostly cigarrettes, dip, and Slim Jims. Camels run or walk in wild heards around the desert.

jcblack
09-15-2003, 09:28 PM
I wonder if you can get arrested for speeding on a camel. You know, like doing ten "clopity-clops" in a five "clopity-clop" zone.

my2002lightning
09-15-2003, 10:02 PM
A college friend of mine (known since '89) had a HS buddy visit us back in the early 90's. He was right out of the first Iraqi conflict.

He was in the Army and he told us one of his tasks was to load up 6x6s with "pieces of" dead Iraqi requlars. He said the backs of the 6x6s were heaped over and they even had to stack them on the hoods. He said occasionally "a piece" would fall off the hood and they would run over "it" at speed. :eek2:

He said some of his comrades woke up screaming "Get 'em off me!". He said it all didn't affect him much though for some reason.

He said they gathered mounds and mounds of AKs and 7.62x39 tracers, etc and had to bury them in the pits that the Army dozers dug for that purpose. He said some tried gathering "souveniers", but that was :nono:.

He also said he'd pulled sentry duty with the bad-boy night-vision goggles the Army had and said the clarity/overall quality of the piece was phenomenal.

Ronald

Speaking of which, I've worked some IT jobs in the past with some pretty cool ex-military bosses and they have some stories to tell!:tu:

One of my ex-bosses who was a vet from 'Nam told me he was a door-gunner on a Huey and said they flew so close to the "deck" in 'Nam... they would get back to base with leaves/branches hung-up in the landing skids!:eek: