PDA

View Full Version : WTB classic car for restoration

microsuck
09-14-2003, 10:14 PM
My mom wants me to stop working on my truck because she is afraid I will break it. she wants to buy me a classic car to restore instead. it was her idea. I have a great mom:tu:. I was thinking like a '67 mustang or something of the likes. yes, my dream would be to score a Shelby GT 500 and turn it into eleanore. Im not going to make it into a pro stock dragster or anything. I would like to use the parts made for it but I dont care about "matching numbers" and all that BS. Does anyone have anything like this or know a good way to get one other than ebay? I am looking in the under 4K range.
Andrew

dboat
09-15-2003, 06:05 AM
buy an old Vetter, 68-82, cheap, lots of parts, easy to work on, and can have a lot of power potential depending on the engine.. just my .02
There are handling packages out there for them so that you can pull over 1g in the corners.
Dana

Red99Lightning
09-15-2003, 06:57 PM
I have a 71 chevellelle malibu for sale for 5900 obo....it already has the big motor in it it's completely tubbed out and just needs someone more mechanically inclined to to be an awesome car...car is hugger orange with 2 huge white stripes going down the center fiberglass hood....sounds really mean has cam and motor is all chromed out w/ 398 bored over....this is probley not what your looking for but i thought i would try! :tu:

microsuck
09-15-2003, 07:12 PM
thats a lil pricey for me. what needs to be done? got any pics. I would like to come by if thats okay. iwould love a local sale.

Mark #2
09-16-2003, 08:59 AM
My mom wants me to stop working on my truck because she is afraid I will break it. she wants to buy me a classic car to restore instead. it was her idea. I have a great mom:tu:. I was thinking like a '67 mustang or something of the likes. yes, my dream would be to score a Shelby GT 500 and turn it into eleanore. Im not going to make it into a pro stock dragster or anything. I would like to use the parts made for it but I dont care about "matching numbers" and all that BS. Does anyone have anything like this or know a good way to get one other than ebay? I am looking in the under 4K range.
Andrew

How about a 72 911s, that is sitting in my garage?

microsuck
09-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that one. I asked about it when I came over. I dont know, if you could hook me up with a sweet price then sure i'll take it. but I would rather have something american. Parts would be MUCH eaiser, and cheaper to get.
Andrew

Mark #2
09-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that one. I asked about it when I came over. I dont know, if you could hook me up with a sweet price then sure i'll take it. but I would rather have something american. Parts would be MUCH eaiser, and cheaper to get.
Andrew

Actually, the parts are very easy to get, but they do cost more than a Chevy. The Lightning parts are priced higher than the Porsche. You can easily get a built 911 longblock for less $ than a built L longblock for instance.

$6K as is, built motor, low hours, new brakes, and new adjustable trailing arms. Lot's more stuff too. I will be putting it in the local PCA classifieds this month.

I have new extra wheels and race tires available for extra $.

Mark

microsuck
09-16-2003, 11:42 AM
my project is mostly to have a classic muscle car. but your porshe is sweet mark. I hope you do well.
Andrew

Red99Lightning
09-17-2003, 12:51 PM
you have a pm

min150mph
09-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Check the classifieds at dfwstangs.net there is always some projects for sale there.