PDA

View Full Version : Gen1 Suspension??

Razor
05-30-2002, 12:26 AM
What could I do to make my Gen1 have a better ride? The rear is quite stiff and bouncy. The front is the opposite. I do plan on replacing some of the bushings up front..mainly the blown out radius arm bushings. Any help is gladly appreciated.

George G.
05-30-2002, 12:40 PM
what kinda ride are you looking for? Softer or stiffer? If you want a softer ride, you might want to change to a progressive rate spring set. also, don't you have lower profile tires than the stock size? This will also change the amount of sidewall flex you get, giving you a stiffer ride. Have you replaced your shocks yet? I recently changed mine to KYB's and I like it. Just my 2 cents

L8 APEX
05-30-2002, 04:16 PM
To soften the rear I would add 2" shackles. For the front I would drop it with stiffer springs. Change all four shocks and beat up bushings. Note urathane bushings will inrease ride firmness.

Razor
05-31-2002, 12:48 AM
Shackles is what I was thinking for the rear. The truck has 1 year old edelbrock shocks that came w it. I like the ride height up front..not lookin to slam her! I still have stock size tires...new ones of course....Falkens. Steeda sells shackles for the Gen1..about 80 bucks.

L8 APEX
05-31-2002, 07:13 AM
I may have some in stock for 60. You can increase front rate and keep the height just thought you wanted to bring it down. Let me know if I can help.