PDA

View Full Version : Tire time

Moonshine
08-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Well, with 56K on the Toyos it was finally time to replace them. That's more than double the mileage I got out of the F1's.

Anyway, I started shopping prices, and found what I think is a pretty good deal. One of our hosers (firemen) has a side business that's a mobile tire service. I bought my new tires (Toyos again) from him for $810 for the set. That includes the tires, mounting, balancing, new valve stems, all taxes, and tire disposal fee.

The best part is that because he's mobile he comes to your house and does it right there in your driveway. He has an enclosed trailer with generator, compressor, air tools, mounting machine, and spin balancer. I asked him to get me pricing on F1's and the Nittos since some of ya'll may be interested. Once he gets me prices I'll post them, along with a contact number for him. :tu:

Silver_2000
08-30-2003, 06:23 PM
:tu::tu::tu:Cool

Logan
08-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Toyo's rock. :)

my2002lightning
08-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the heads-up! :tu:

My Dad works at the BFGoodrich/Uniroyal plant in Ardmore and can get "shoes" at a "discount" but I'm having a hard time finding suitable L tires.

Size matching is a challenge! Those Z-rated G-Forces are nice/sexy, but they don't seem to make them in stock L trim. http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakdw.jsp

Ronald

Mark #2
08-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Wow, now if he had portable alignment rack I'd call him tomorrow.
Mark

dboat
08-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Mark

got mine aligned today.. happy and sad.. happy to get it done, sad to have to pay for it.. oh well.. it was just a follow up to getting the Herbs washers installed.

blueoval01
08-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Whoa!! That's fantastic, Brian. :cool:

Jeez, if you gotta wait around to get your tires put on, why not your own driveway. :bows

Mark #2
08-30-2003, 10:24 PM
got mine aligned today.. happy and sad.. happy to get it done, sad to have to pay for it.. oh well.. it was just a follow up to getting the Herbs washers installed.

Where did you go?

L8 APEX
08-31-2003, 01:13 AM
Toyo's rock. :)
You mean Toyos are rocks.:D

dboat
08-31-2003, 07:54 AM
Where did you go?
the worst place you can think of, but when I have gotten it back from there it drives straight and true... Firestone... but mine seems to be decent.. Actually, I think its because the techs like L's..:D so they do the work correctly...
btw, its the one on Forest just west of Greenville by less than a block.. pretty close to the entrance of TI. They are open on Sundays too..
that last bit is for enquiring minds that just had to know.
Dana

98Cobra
08-31-2003, 10:27 AM
Brian,

My Dad works at the BFGoodrich/Uniroyal plant in Ardmore and can get "shoes" at a "discount" but I'm having a hard time finding suitable L tires.

Ronald

Hey Ronald, ask your Dad if he knows Tommy Hunt. He is my Dad's cousin, lives up in Lone Grove and used to work there(I think he retired recently).

Anyways, thats bad ass on the tires. I will definately use him when I need new ones!

Mark #2
08-31-2003, 04:55 PM
the worst place you can think of, but when I have gotten it back from there it drives straight and true... Firestone... but mine seems to be decent.. Actually, I think its because the techs like L's..:D so they do the work correctly...
btw, its the one on Forest just west of Greenville by less than a block.. pretty close to the entrance of TI. They are open on Sundays too..
that last bit is for enquiring minds that just had to know.
Dana

Thanks,
I'll check them out.
Mark

Moonshine
08-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Mark

Yeah, I took mine last week to get it aligned before putting the new tires on. Walked out $415 later with new upper control arms, new ball joints, cam bolt kit, and an alignment. Can't imagine why the front end feels so much more solid now. :eek2: This was from Professional Tire & alignment in Duncanville. Long drive for most of you, but they sure know their way around an alignment rack. :tu:

dboat
08-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I took mine last week to get it aligned before putting the new tires on. Walked out $415 later with new upper control arms, new ball joints, cam bolt kit, and an alignment. Can't imagine why the front end feels so much more solid now. :eek2: This was from Professional Tire & alignment in Duncanville. Long drive for most of you, but they sure know their way around an alignment rack. :tu:

well I wasnt far from that... had the cam bolt kit put on when I lowered the truck and just had Terry put on the Herbs washers.. so back to the alignment rack.. but my truck has less than 18k miles on it... so the rest of the stuff isnt too bad... its amazing what new ball joints, bushings, etc can do for a front end..
Dana