PDA

View Full Version : Any contact in the Stereo install biz ?

Silver_2000
08-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Need to add power to boats stereo.

Amp and sub....

Anyone have any contacts where I can get decent work at a decent price ?

Doug

L8 APEX
08-28-2003, 09:58 AM
Need to add power to boats stereo.

Amp and sub....

Anyone have any contacts where I can get decent work at a decent price ?

Doug
I will let him know to expect your call. He runs a side biz like I do called Aqua Audio. He does $10K dollar systems on Baja and Scarab bling bling boats weekly. I am sure you hear his work at the party cove. His name is Scott and mobil is 214.796.8513.
He has a shop in Mansfield off of Cooper and Hwy 287. Just let him know how many TV screens and Optima batteries you want. I saw him install an A/C system in a Baja cabin a few weeks ago. WHen are we installignthe NOS on the boat:banana:

Silver_2000
08-28-2003, 10:00 AM
I will let him know to expect your call. He runs a side biz like I do called Aqua Audio. He does $10K dollar systems on Baja and Scarab bling bling boats weekly. I am sure you hear his work at the party cove. His name is Scott and mobil is 214.796.8513.
He has a shop in Mansfield off of Cooper and Hwy 287. Just let him know how many TV screens and Optima batteries you want. I saw him install an A/C system in a Baja cabin a few weeks ago. WHen are we installignthe NOS on the boat:banana:

No TV screens for me ... Just an amp to bump the power to the exsiting speakers and a sub for now... Maybe more later.. If that is to run of the mill for him let me know

Doug

dboat
08-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Wayne and I have had work done by a friend of his, Mike. He is an electrician, and has had prior work experience at a body shop and as a stereo installer at a car stereo place.. He just installed the dvd and nav interface unit in my Acura. New stereo and speakers in Waynes Porsche. His rates or the very best...

If you are interested, drop me or Wayne a pm and we will get you his cell number..
Dana

L8 APEX
08-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Mike is the discount tech but the work I have seen and or redone on Wayne's L scares the piss out of me:eek2:. Power leads not fused, burnt up switches etc:hammer:

SILVER2000SVT
08-28-2003, 10:48 AM
He has a shop in Mansfield off of Cooper and Hwy 287.

I hope you aren't talking about Ez-tint & alarms there at 157 and 1187 beside the autozone there in mansfield. I just dropped in there one day to see about some tint and was BSing with the guy about stereo stuff, and the guy was such a moron and a jerk that I turned around and left.

I've been a professional installer and worked for a variety of shops for about 7 years, I have't done a whole lot in the past three years since I graduated college, except for building a really nice setup 10K+ in my Dakota a couple of years ago, and a couple of cool installs for friends since. I usually buy my stuff from a shop in NC because my brother still works there as an installer, but I've had friends that get some pretty good deals at www.carmedia1.com (http://www.carmedia1.com). Cartoys wouldn't be bad and I've seen some pretty cool custom stuff come out of their shops, and just because one installer at one cartoys gives you a price doesn't mean all the rest of the stores are going to be the same. It just depends on if the installer really wants to do the job or not.

L8 APEX
08-28-2003, 11:13 AM
My reply would be HELL NO. I don't reccommend crap heads and I associate with no one in the tint and alarm business. Repeat above.

SILVER2000SVT
08-28-2003, 11:19 AM
OK, just checking, thats the only place here in mansfield that I knew of that did that sort of thing, at least with a store front I mean.

L8 APEX
08-28-2003, 11:24 AM
OK, just checking, thats the only place here in mansfield that I knew of that did that sort of thing, at least with a store front I mean.
How do you confuse Aqua Audio with Easy Tint and Alarm:confused: Remind me to smack some sense into you today:rll:

andy_cain
08-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Mike is the discount tech but the work I have seen and or redone on Wayne's L scares the piss out of me:eek2:. Power leads not fused, burnt up switches etc:hammer:

That may be true on the intercooler fan rig, ... but as for the stereo...both the Lightning and "Poor-She" have turned out excellent, as did Dana's Accura DVD nav. system:tu:

Silver_2000
08-29-2003, 09:04 AM
Well Spoke to Scott and showed him the boat...

Seems like he knows his stuff. We'll see what he comes up with for pricing...

Doug