PDA

View Full Version : Bike vs. Bike showdown

microsuck
08-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Irving motorcycle cop thought about pulling me over the other day, he must have changed his mind:evil. I flew blindly into a speed trap on 114 by the airport. Four bike cops were sitting in the shade between the pillars of an overpass. Lost him in a heartbeat but it made me realise I need to cut out the daredevil sh!t. I am still on deffered adjudication and if I do get pulled over I am in deep doo-doo. I did have some fun with him though. I slowed way down(speed limit) just incase he wasnt after me. once he started getting close enough to be certian I was who he wanted, I gave him the 1 wheel salute. Poor KZ1000's those things are dogs. But he never put on his lights nor siren, so I technically didnt "run". He did look REALLY pissed though. Thank God for boost. :twitch:
Andrew
Seriously though. 90% of all bike cops I have ever encountered were ultra-cool. Every barrel has its bad apples though. but if I did get pulled over, I would rather it be by a bike.

andy_cain
08-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Irving motorcycle cop thought about pulling me over the other day, he must have changed his mind:evil. I flew blindly into a speed trap on 114 by the airport. Four bike cops were sitting in the shade between the pillars of an overpass. Lost him in a heartbeat but it made me realise I need to cut out the daredevil sh!t. I am still on deffered adjudication and if I do get pulled over I am in deep doo-doo. I did have some fun with him though. I slowed way down(speed limit) just incase he wasnt after me. once he started getting close enough to be certian I was who he wanted, I gave him the 1 wheel salute. Poor KZ1000's those things are dogs. But he never put on his lights nor siren, so I technically didnt "run". He did look REALLY pissed though. Thank God for boost. :twitch:
Andrew
Seriously though. 90% of all bike cops I have ever encountered were ultra-cool. Every barrel has its bad apples though. but if I did get pulled over, I would rather it be by a bike.

I too had no problem outrunning the cops themselves...it was the damn radio I had trouble with....2 years defered, 180 hours CS and a $hit load in fines and lawyer fees...next time, pull over, laugh and pay the tickett before you get caught or hurt...one or the other is coming:twitch:

And for the record...most people do not "Get" ticketts, they "Earn" them:tu:

microsuck
08-26-2003, 04:43 PM
humm, I dont think my insurance would like that. as for the radio, It needs eyes to operate it. and if those eyes cant see you, it isnt really good for anything, now is it. none of my little "escapades" have ever lasted more than 20sec. I think it is safe to say that a police force with a response time of less than 20sec dosent exist...........

Silver_2000
08-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I slowed way down(speed limit) just incase he wasnt after me. once he started getting close enough to be certian I was who he wanted, I gave him the 1 wheel salute.

humm, I dont think my insurance would like that. as for the radio, It needs eyes to operate it. and if those eyes cant see you, it isnt really good for anything, now is it. none of my little "escapades" have ever lasted more than 20sec. I think it is safe to say that a police force with a response time of less than 20sec dosent exist...........

He likley got a description when you passed him. Or when you slowed down to leet him get close....One day that description will be enough to track you down...

microsuck
08-26-2003, 05:27 PM
doh!:hammer:
hummmm, a yellow bike

Silver_2000
08-26-2003, 06:15 PM
hummmm, a yellow bike

White guy in a Black T shirt, Blue jeans, black shoes, No facial hair, Blonde, etc etc etc. Helmet description,

andy_cain
08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Ahhhhh, young grasshopper seeks to learn wisdom the hard and expensive way!

Word to the wise, from experience....WHEN they do catch you, they will take the issue alot more seriously than you do....it's gonna hurt and you would be amazed at what the on board cameras can do when viewed in enlarged mode with frame to frame viewing....better hide that plate in the rear wheel well where it isn't visable :hammer:

microsuck
08-26-2003, 09:14 PM
good call. I just got inspected so I may move some stuff arround on the bike. Seriously, though. I think I will chill out though. my dad keeps telling me that I am not bulletproof and back in the dark corner of my brain I know he is right.

blueoval01
08-26-2003, 10:00 PM
good call. I just got inspected so I may move some stuff arround on the bike. Seriously, though. I think I will chill out though. my dad keeps telling me that I am not bulletproof and back in the dark corner of my brain I know he is right.

Dad's usually are .........:hammer:

my2002lightning
08-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Andrew,

Chill out! You have a Death-Wish? :hammer: We don't want to read/hear our your "demise" on the media!:(

Think about that tonight when you go to sleep! Think of your parents and Tundra.

Ronald

Badcarma
08-29-2003, 07:31 AM
hummmm, a yellow bike

Micro,

We'll have to get together soon, I just latched onto a 01 929 myself. Got it for Biketober fest this year in Datona Beach. Had a bada$$ custom hardtail last year, but got the need for wheeling and high speeds this year.:burnout:

Scott:tu:

microsuck
08-29-2003, 09:12 AM
you got PM