PDA

View Full Version : Rules to live by

L8 APEX
08-22-2003, 10:04 AM
I ran across a few interesting lines. I think Moonshine came up with them:rll:

Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Be courteous to everyone. Friendly to no one.
Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
Don't drop your guard.
Have a plan.
Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
Always cheat, always win.

my2002lightning
08-22-2003, 05:39 PM
A couple of Machiavellian / "end justifes the means" thinkers! :D

One of my favorite quotes is from Carlos Hathcock. (http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/ultimatesniper/carlos.html)

It goes like this ...

It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong
man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
-Carlos Hathcock, Man In The Arena

Ronald

BTW, Hathcock was a native of Arkansas. :D

tliss
08-23-2003, 10:15 AM
I ran across a few interesting lines. I think Moonshine came up with them:rll:

Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

:rll: I told a few people at work that this is the mantra I choose to live by and now they are all afraid of me! There's more than one way to get respect.

Tom :bows

my2002lightning
08-24-2003, 03:11 AM
Massta' Tom,

Just tell the "Office Hottie" that you have the ability to lick your eyebrows! :eek:

See what she says ... :d:bows

Moonshine
08-24-2003, 11:28 AM
:rll: I told a few people at work that this is the mantra I choose to live by and now they are all afraid of me! There's more than one way to get respect.

Tom :bows

Tom, I think you may find less open fear if you don't tell them the specific plan you have for each of them. :rolleyes:

tliss
08-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Tom, I think you may find less open fear if you don't tell them the specific plan you have for each of them. :rolleyes:

I told them I do what the voices tell me to do....:eek2:

Tom

aliekitn99
08-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I told them I do what the voices tell me to do....:eek2:

Tom

Tom,

I know a nice quiet place with padded cells and nice white jackets that buckle in the back... :evil

Kimmie

tliss
08-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Tom,

I know a nice quiet place with padded cells and nice white jackets that buckle in the back... :evil

Kimmie

The voices are telling me to ignore you....:rll:! They get angry when I dress up in nice white jackets.

Tom