PDA

View Full Version : in your face anit-gun bureaucrats

microsuck
08-20-2003, 01:35 PM
It just goes to show that if someone wants to kill someone they will find something to use. They dont have to get a mac-10 or UZI. Its not the guns that kill, its the people. Serial sniper is using a .22 and probably a bolt action singleshot at that.
http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1110_AP_Online_Regional___National__US_/ccf6002e-a0c1-44f4-8780-7ea09f31acb6.html
Andrew

Moonshine
08-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Serial sniper is using a .22 and probably a bolt action singleshot at that.
Andrew

You realize that they may not necessarily be referring to a .22 Long Rifle. When they say .22, that could mean .223, .22-250, etc. And I don't see anything indicating action type.

dboat
08-20-2003, 03:29 PM
You realize that they may not necessarily be referring to a .22 Long Rifle. When they say .22, that could mean .223, .22-250, etc. And I don't see anything indicating action type.

and to add to this.. it just gives the anti gun folks reason to ask for ALL guns to be banned... :hammer:

Moonshine
08-20-2003, 03:31 PM
and to add to this.. it just gives the anti gun folks reason to ask for ALL guns to be banned... :hammer:

Not necessarily a good reason, not that that's ever stopped the gun grabbers from trying.

dboat
08-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Not necessarily a good reason, not that that's ever stopped the gun grabbers from trying.

aint that the truth.. they take any reason, no matter how far out it is, to use it to remove our guns.. I dont even practice with mine anymore but I dont believe in taking our guns away... if someone invades our borders, they got another thing coming.,. or in my and others cases.. they break into my house, they gonna get it..

microsuck
08-20-2003, 03:36 PM
I would hope the police would be able to tell the difference between a solid lead .22LR projectile and a FMJ copper jacketed .223 round. I am no ballistics expert and i can even tell the difference. And if it was a .223 on a neck/head shot I doubt the bullet wouldent make it out of the body. I wish the media wouldnt be so vague. its because they are under-educated. I just think it would be a big slap in the face if he was using something that wasn't classified as dangerous by the feds. like grandpa's .22 lever action. O well, they still should find that wacko and lock him up.
Andrew

L8 APEX
08-20-2003, 05:35 PM
I find it hard to believe that a .22LR is dropping people at 50-75yds. It would take an eye shot or multiple hits. Though my uncle use to hunt deer in Kansas with a 22 magnum rifle.

my2002lightning
08-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Moonshine's right! There's a whole lineup of .22 cal. rounds out there besides the .22LR.

Besides, they would have to retrieve bullet fragments/shell casings to determine the EXACT round used.

Yep, the reports say they are head/neck shots so, it's not hard to hit, say, a jugular vein in a guy's neck, etc. and it's over!

As for a .22LR not being lethal, I read years ago that the .22LR is the top-choice of pro. assassins throughout the world. It's easy to make it a sub-sonic round (add a silencer) and enough "stopping" power for CQB (Close Quarter Battle).

And too, the .22LR is accurate! It's the round (I believe) that the Olympic sharpshooters use.

Now, if it's a .223 Rem., you get in to ALOT higher speeds, a heavier bullet and the effects of "hydrostatic shock" and "permanent/temporary wound channels". It's like a "shock wave" inside living tissue. I've read that the US military did all kinds of tests back in the day with different rounds on goats! :eek2:

I've had plenty of experience with .22s in tgt. practice/squirrel hunting etc. as a kid and the rounds/rifles are accurate! :tu:

OT, I've been hunting with my Ruger scoped bolt-action .300 Win. Mag. in years past for whitetail and have bought a box of .223 64 gr. Winchester Supremes for the scoped Mini-14 Ranch. The .300 is actually an elk/mule-deer rifle and I wanted to tote along something different this year.

Ronald
<---- NRA member and looking to get my Lifetime membership! :nana2

jmlay
08-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Hope they find this guy soon. I want the mother inlaw to go home!!!