PDA

View Full Version : Freakn alignment

Badcarma
08-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Should have known better than work 16 hours, and than get 3 hours of sleep to start my day at Bankston:hammer:. The L had to be taken back in for a simple powerstearing line replacement, and a week later its leaking again!! While I'm there I pick up my camber bolts I ordered last week. Get the line done and get home, pull all the bolts out, and there the wrong freakn ones!!! GO BACK to bankston get the right bolts put them in. Head over to the alignment shop and what do ya think....I didn't put the camber washers on!!! WHY because they didn't put them in with the kit, and I just didn't know any better. GO BACK to Bankston, and they tell me I didn't need them. I argue a bit, and then once we figure out that the dumbQss is looking at the wrong parts list, and they don't have them in stock:flaming:. Now I make it over the Lee Jarmon, and they tell me thier parts department is off sight. drive a mile down the road, and they tell me the L frontend is non ajustable???? Argue a bit, find the cam is under the four wheel drive section...get parts and leave. Now unlike Doug who can stand and Biatch at an individual with a blood sugar in the 40's, I can not. 25 hours and no eats, I'm about to rip a hole in everyone I come in contact with. Now I get back to shop with parts, and tech has gone home SICK:rolleyes:.
Find another alignment shop with laser equipment, and finally get the job done only to find out the ONE OF the BRAND NEW TIRES on the front has a RADIAL PULL:crying:. Back to Discount rotate tire, and will look into replacement free of cost from them.....need to eat...must eat...

Scott

Logan
08-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Holy crap, That's a crappy day dude... Just goes to show ya...

Never deal with a Ford parts counter unless you have the part number in advance....Especially those dipshits up at Bankston.

L8 APEX
08-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Damn son, that sounds like a do it your self nightmare:hammer: That is a good example of why to pay someone else to handle jobs like that. Then your precious time can be spent eating, sleeping, and being generally well balanced:beer:. All of the pn#'s are listed on the forums for the cam kit pieces.

99WhiteBeast
08-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Damn Scott- I hate to say it but....

Napa cam bolt kits and Champion Spring you can't go wrong

Logan
08-20-2003, 02:56 PM
What Steve said. W0rD! Yo.

my2002lightning
08-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Hmm... Scott, Logan and Garett have me wondering about Bankston! I've had an oil change there and they didn't seem to jack anything up! :rolleyes:

Is Middlekauf/Plano any better for general svc, etc.?

Ronald

jmlay
08-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I have not had an issue other than they messed up one of my rims.

Mike

Hmm... Scott, Logan and Garett have me wondering about Bankston! I've had an oil change there and they didn't seem to jack anything up! :rolleyes:

Is Middlekauf/Plano any better for general svc, etc.?

Ronald

Badcarma
08-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Damn son, that sounds like a do it your self nightmare:hammer: That is a good example of why to pay someone else to handle jobs like that. Then your precious time can be spent eating, sleeping, and being generally well balanced:beer:. All of the pn#'s are listed on the forums for the cam kit pieces.

It should have been an easy job, but I had worked five 16 hour days at the hospital. Then tried to knock it out first thing. I didn't have near this much trouble with the E-fan or the plug change out, but then again I had all the right tools and directions:rolleyes:. Trying to get the L ready for its first road trip, it's really never seen the elements of the road. Will be going to Datona Beach Florida for three weeks for Biketober fest:banana:.

Got the new CBR 929RR ready to go, along with two HD's on a custom trailer.

Badcarma
08-21-2003, 01:34 AM
I have not had an issue other than they messed up one of my rims.

Mike

...other than they messed up my Rim:eek2:.

Hope they replaced it!

Scott

jmlay
08-21-2003, 06:59 AM
Yep, they did. Have not had any trouble since I told them never to run it through the auto carwash, never wash it. I don't get my "free" wash but I don't have to get a rim replaced either.

Mike

...other than they messed up my Rim:eek2:.

Hope they replaced it!

Scott