PDA

View Full Version : WTB Kenne Bell

microsuck
08-18-2003, 05:37 PM
anyone have a going list of who sells the blowzilla's for our trucks and who has the lowest price. time for something new. will they scream just as loud?
Andrew

L8 APEX
08-18-2003, 05:57 PM
I called the man Kenne Bell himself last year about carrying them. He informed me that Johnny Lightning is the only and exclusive dealer for the KB. They are quieter than Eatons as well.

cpeapea
08-18-2003, 08:33 PM
that sucks. i want those things to scream so loud they scare small children and break everyones windows.

02BOLT
08-18-2003, 10:43 PM
I called the man Kenne Bell himself last year about carrying them. He informed me that Johnny Lightning is the only and exclusive dealer for the KB. They are quieter than Eatons as well.

I wonder who JDM is getting theirs from....

L8 APEX
08-19-2003, 01:00 AM
F150Online had a heated thread a while back where JDM posted results of a truck he put one on. JLP was quick to reply saying JDM was not selling them only installing KB's purchased by the customer through JLP. DOn't feel like searching for it though.

Silver_2000
08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
As I understand it JL has the Internet sales rights.

Doug

L8 APEX
08-19-2003, 03:35 AM
As I understand it JL has the Internet sales rights.

Doug
I said I wouldn't look it up but after 3am you will do anything for fun.

quote: from JLP<HR>I want to make this perfectly clear JDM Will Not be offering these KB units for sale for in house installs! The Only way JDM will be installing these KB's is only if someone purchases the KB thru JLP or Kenne bell.and has JDM do the install. We @ JLP are the *exclusive* dealer of the KB unit...I'm not trying to cause problems here, but i want everyone to know the Facts.We @ JLP and KB have worked very hard trying to prove the potential of this unit when *many* said this unit will not perform the way we said it will, we had a few issues with the 1st units, we corrected the problem. we now have sold around 50 units thus far and have not had 1 problem....Many have seen the Harley Davidson truck we @ JLP built for a customer run a 11.6@115 for the 1st day at the track..(soon to put down a 10. sec. pass).Once again proving the potential of this KB unit.We appreciate the comments of the Easy install and being a direct replacement. which we told everyone that it would be.However we @ JLP or KenneBell will be the *Only* Distributers of this unit..There will be a few Select Shops around the country who will be able to purchase this unit for a in house install. However JDM is not 1 of them.......JL
<HR>

This is one of the reasons why a supporting vendor should not post on another suppoirting vendor's thread. I gave it a two thumbs up for the install. I had spoken to Jim Bell on the phone for an hour and a half and yes he did inform me that JLP will be handling the internet. There is a lot more than a few select dealers that are selling this unit now. Actually my post would've increased JLP sales because of the two thumbs up and he is the only one selling on the internet. If he has a problem with us installing these in house, Kenne Bell is just going to lose a lot of sales especially with our loyal customers and that's a lot of sales. JDM has not purchased one directly through Kenne Bell and may never purchase one directly through Kenne Bell. Yes, I am a supporting vendor but I'm also an enthusiast first and after speaking to Jim Bell he informed me of the changes they made to the superchargers and I saw them first hand myself. Just like every supporting vendor on this site we all have our loyal customers looking to us for advice. I gave the two thumbs up on the appearence and the install of the Kenne Bell and that's all.

As for the 11.60 Harley Davidson truck. It's definitely very impressive and I know the KB had a lot to do with that, so did the built motor, the cams, the heads, the JDM Exhaust system, and the JDM Electric Fan. It was the whole combination that put that truck into the 11.60's.

Johnny, if you would like to discuss this any further let's take this offline and give me a call at the shop.

Jim@JDM

wesman
08-20-2003, 01:59 PM
I've got one I might sell, if I can't get this POS to run right :hammer:

--wes