PDA

View Full Version : Fall Classic at Hallsville?

02BOLT
08-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Has a date been set for the TALON Fall Classic at Hallsville? I'd heard some rumblings about Oct. 18. I hope NOT because I'm in a buddy's wedding that weekend :hammer:and I'd REALLY like to be a part of it this year. I realize however, you guys can't set it up around one :nana2, but I hope ya'll can set it up for another weekend. Never hurts to ask!

Sixpipes
08-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Has a date been set for the TALON Fall Classic at Hallsville? I'd heard some rumblings about Oct. 18. I hope NOT because I'm in a buddy's wedding that weekend :hammer:and I'd REALLY like to be a part of it this year. I realize however, you guys can't set it up around one :nana2, but I hope ya'll can set it up for another weekend. Never hurts to ask!I am planning on scheduling the TALON Fall Classic II for December 6 (first Saturday in December). Right now, there are two big races in September (FFW/Ennis on 9/20-21 and Lightning Fest 9/27-28) and Justin is organizing an event for October 18 in Hallsville. Anyway, if you can't make October 18, plan on December 6 for the TALON Fall Classic II. Right now I am planning on attending all of them. :cool:

Frank02L
10-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Um, dead horse maybe, but I'm checking scheduling status for the fall classic... :D

Is it going to be the 6th? Hopefully THIS year we'll make it all the way down there... :hammer:

Sixpipes
10-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Um, dead horse maybe, but I'm checking scheduling status for the fall classic... :D

Is it going to be the 6th? Hopefully THIS year we'll make it all the way down there... :hammer:
The gameplan for the TALON Fall Classic is December 6th with the rainout date of December 13th. I haven't talked to the track to confirm, but they should be into their winter schedule by then.

I plan on changing up the format a little to maybe make the program more attractive to a wider range of Lightning owners (experience wise at least). The idea is to have test and tune and then a first round qualifier for brackets. All winners of the first round are put into the winners bracket and go through eliminations until there is a winner bracket champion. The losers from the first round go into a consolation bracket and go through eliminations until there is a consolation champion. Then the two bracket champs have one race for the Top Truck trophy. That guarantees everyone at least two competition rounds in the program. What does everyone think? :cool:

02BOLT
10-27-2003, 10:48 PM
The gameplan for the TALON Fall Classic is December 6th with the rainout date of December 13th. I haven't talked to the track to confirm, but they should be into their winter schedule by then.

I plan on changing up the format a little to maybe make the program more attractive to a wider range of Lightning owners (experience wise at least). The idea is to have test and tune and then a first round qualifier for brackets. All winners of the first round are put into the winners bracket and go through eliminations until there is a winner bracket champion. The losers from the first round go into a consolation bracket and go through eliminations until there is a consolation champion. Then the two bracket champs have one race for the Top Truck trophy. That guarantees everyone at least two competition rounds in the program. What does everyone think? :cool:

:tu:

03LightningRocks
10-27-2003, 11:35 PM

HUH!!!! I have no idea what you are talking about. I will have to find my prescription meds and read it later.:hammer:

I'll make a deal with you Dennis. You just let me know when to be there and how much money to enter, and I'll just show up and have a good time racing.:beer:

I am up for any way everyone wants to do it. No matter to me, it's all fun.:nana2

Rocks:tu:

MadNess
10-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Can HALO come and play too?

L8 APEX
10-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Can HALO come and play too?Have we ever excluded HALO for any event? Most of ya'll are always welcome:beer: . I played hell getting on your HALO forum! What kind of crap does it take to look around over there:hammer:

MadNess
10-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Have we ever excluded HALO for any event? Most of ya'll are always welcome:beer: . I played hell getting on your HALO forum! What kind of crap does it take to look around over there:hammer:

well in order to get registered, you have to use your real name, we are attempting to make sure no Ford employees get on the site.

as far as the Fall Classic, the current date is the same as our last CCB points racehttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=28423# however if you guys happen to have to do the other date, Ill be there!

Sixpipes
10-28-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking about a new "trophy" design for the Classic. :tongue:

03LightningRocks
10-29-2003, 01:10 AM
I'm thinking about a new "trophy" design for the Classic. :tongue:

:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

ken cryder
10-29-2003, 01:52 AM
wished i could go but that long of a drive puts me down for days afterwards my back can't handle it.

hope ya'll have a good time .

ken

J.D. Blackwell
10-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Six pipes, you might want to e-mail Shelley and let her know what you want to do. hallsvilleraceway@hotmail.com The Fall Classic is only 5 weeks away. (Man, I have got to get some dang slicks.:hammer: )

I would just like to note, the last 2 times that I have raced with you other TALON guys, Oct/01 and Oct./03, I was the only man left standing.:d
Dang HALO guys got the best of me the other day though.

You guys need to give me some competition.:beer:

Sixpipes
10-31-2003, 05:14 PM

As soon as Shelley gets back with me, I'll start promoting. And don't make me send Mark#2 over there to kick your a$$. :rll:

02BOLT
10-31-2003, 07:34 PM
Six pipes, you might want to e-mail Shelley and let her know what you want to do. hallsvilleraceway@hotmail.com The Fall Classic is only 5 weeks away. (Man, I have got to get some dang slicks.:hammer: )

I would just like to note, the last 2 times that I have raced with you other TALON guys, Oct/01 and Oct./03, I was the only man left standing.:d
Dang HALO guys got the best of me the other day though.

I'm yer huckleberry:nana2 ...unless you spray that biatch!

Take it easy,
Rob:burnout:

03LightningRocks
10-31-2003, 10:09 PM
As soon as Shelley gets back with me, I'll start promoting. And don't make me send Mark#2 over there to kick your a$$. :rll:

Justin, your darned lucky you didn't run my beast. I would have put your lame country hick azz to the curb.

:banana: Rocks:nana2

03LightningRocks
10-31-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm yer huckleberry:nana2 ...unless you spray that biatch!

Take it easy,
Rob:burnout:
You'll still take him Rob. That big red neck has that thing held together with baleing wire.:throw:

Rocks:nana2