PDA

View Full Version : What is the very best traction device for the twisties?

ShadowBolt
08-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Cal-tracks......Metco......Rancho style. I really like the looks of the Metco lower's but I do have the full JDM exhaust (although I don't know why) and I understand that can cause problems with the Metco's. I just want whatever works the best for my application. By the way, all of these seem way over priced for what they are. Looks like less than $50.00 worth of material would build any of them.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

jmlay
08-14-2003, 09:30 PM
You can get the Ranco bars and brackets from Summit alot cheaper than buying from a tunner. YOu will still have to beef up the brackets to keep them from bending when you tighten them to the axle, I can easily do that for the difference in price!!!

Bars, RAN-RS6672: $94.69
Brackets, RAN-RS5582: $185.39

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search%2Easp&type=bymanufacturerspart&searchtype=both

That is a $280.30, and they have free shipping. There is an extra charge for the bars because they are oversize. But for the diff in price

JDM = $495.00 + shipping
JLP = $350.00 + shipping, not sure these are the "Rancho" bar.

Mike
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

blueoval01
08-14-2003, 10:08 PM
I was in on the install of Sixpipes Metco's, only in a subervisory position. :rolleyes:
But, I do recall issues on the right side where the exhaust was in the way. And I believe Sixpipes had to have the exhaust re-directed.
He prolly has pics of it.
:cool: