PDA

View Full Version : Towing with the Lightning

tliss
05-27-2002, 12:20 PM
These things tow great! If it wasn't for the wind drag and sh!tty gas milage I would have never known I was towing at all! I towed a 6x12 UHaul trailer with about 2500# of ceramic tile 650 miles and not a thing to worry about:tu: . I hope I never do that again, but if I do, I know this thing will take it. I could only imagine what it would do with a little water craft or something like that behind it.

Tom

Logan
05-27-2002, 08:26 PM
I had my Cougar on a flatbed behind my 99L before and so long as it's balanced properly, it tows like a champ...

KJ94GT
05-28-2002, 09:56 AM
I did something a little screwy one day. My co-worker's Camry died, and so did my other co-worker's Accord. I had three tow straps and a Lightning. What to do... Well, I strapped the Accord to the Camry, and used two straps from the Camry to the Lightning. Pulled them all the way across Plano without any problems. Almost felt as if they weren't even there. But, I won't do it again. :D

Moonshine
05-28-2002, 11:22 AM
Yup, they're actually surprisingly good at towing. The most I've towed is a tandem axle 6' X 12' utility trailer loaded with two deer blinds, towers, two feeders, spare feed barrels, etc., and with my ATV in the back of the L. All toll, probably 750 lbs. in the bed, and another 3000 behind the truck. Piece of cake, except for the wind drag created by the windows on the deer blinds, which sorta act like big parachutes.