PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Moonshine

Logan
05-27-2002, 08:36 AM
Hey Brian,

Where did you get those fog lenses protectors? I want to make a valiant attempt to keep the lenses on my 02 intact...

Thx

L8 APEX
05-27-2002, 09:12 AM
Protectors will only make them melt faster. It is not rock damage that kills them. Leave them off if you want them to last. Or look for a cooler bulb. Stock is 42 watt.

BLUSVT
05-27-2002, 10:38 AM
Hey how do you protect the foglights from getting pelted by rocks mine already have cracks in them from rocks? Terry have you got the 02 fix for the foglamps coming on when the parking lights are on instead of the foglamps only coming on when the headlights are on.

L8 APEX
05-27-2002, 10:48 AM
The 01 and newer fog lamps get heat check lines on the inside of the lamp. Ford sub'ed out a cheap manufacturer. So if you run them they will get lines in them. I am on my 3rd set. Good news is rocks don't break them like the old ones. As much 140+ driving as I do and not a single stone failure. The switch works but it sounds the "left lights on" chime when you get out. I think it is in the PCM program. I have not had time to look at it.

BLUSVT
05-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Next time we have a meeting I will show you the foglamps on my truck already cracked. You can tell me if it was rocks or just the foglamp that cracked and should be warrantied. As for the lines I have not seen them. Will you please check out the pcm programming cause I am sure I am not the only one that would like to run the foglamps without the headlights being on also.:D

tliss
05-27-2002, 12:23 PM
The best way to tell if it is rocks or not is look at your front bumper. If you have a lot of rock chips on the bumper, you can probably bet it was a rock. If you have few or no rock chips, it was the heat. I'm on my second set and when I got the first ones replaced I had no chips on the bumper at all.

Moonshine
05-27-2002, 01:33 PM
http://www.headlightsavers.com/

I want to say it was like $24 for the set, including S&H. They also made them for the headlights, but I just got them for the fogs.

MadMax
05-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BLUSVT
Hey how do you protect the foglights from getting pelted by rocks mine already have cracks in them from rocks? Terry have you got the 02 fix for the foglamps coming on when the parking lights are on instead of the foglamps only coming on when the headlights are on.

Its easy :D Pull them out and get hose to your front calipers and pads :eek: You need them when braking hard. SVT should have installed Brembos a la cobra or something
:banana:

Logan
05-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Thanks Brian... :)

Moonshine
05-28-2002, 11:24 AM
Certainly. Hope they work as well on '02 fogs as they do on '00's.

Logan
05-28-2002, 11:48 AM
Only problem I'm expecting is that the 02 fogs have a curved lenses, which might make it interesting.